Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Just your luck beka x

Winchester has a storm shield!!!!!

Still bugger all here!!!

There is a big hole on the rain today website where Winchester is lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

It's so bad out there the countrys going to be stuck tomorrow!! It's worse here already then it was feb 2009.

wind is terrible on the iow!! snow coming down heavier!! just starting to stick on cars!! what does anyone think about the radar???? looks quite potent for the south if it keeps on course??!!whistling.gif

Posted

Cannot believe how unlucky i am with this lol!

All that snow has been skirting down the eastern side of me....heck even 5mins away in Wendover theres a dumping! and has been for the last 2-3hours! Wow! Unlucky or what!?! :wallbash:

tell me about it fellow duck , get this

berkhamstead 14 cm

whipsnade 12cm

tring 8cm

high wycombe 8cm

you really could'nt make it up ......i know its panto season ,,but thats taking the peee

Posted

Well looks like it's just not happening for me yet. Still nowt owt so off to bed. Expect a sprinkling on the ground in the morning as a suprise ... :whistling:

Whilst I am frustrated :wallbash: I am delighted that Portsmouth and coastal places have lying snow! That is fab!! So I'm happy to be frustrated for you guys lol.:yahoo:

Posted

Well looks like it's just not happening for me yet. Still nowt owt so off to bed. Expect a sprinkling on the ground in the morning as a suprise ... whistling.gif

Whilst I am frustrated wallbash.gif I am delighted that Portsmouth and coastal places have lying snow! That is fab!! So I'm happy to be frustrated for you guys lol.yahoo.gif

Cheers Beka drinks.gif Yeah snow here is extremely rare at the best of times, so to get it before winter has "officially" started is amazing! And nice too with all the Xmas decs up (though would have been better if this happened in a weeks time!) drunk.gif

I'm sure you will see some before the night is over & you should get some snow showers tomorrow morning too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

Bump!

Can anyone tell me what direction they expect that main area of ppn in the South East to head.

The forcasts and models seem to suggest it may make it further West later this morning, however is seems to be heading more southerly?

Thanks

Dave (Poole)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

I know I don't really need to say it - but not a thing in Bournemouth.

Not much danger of adding to the 2 snow events we have had so far this century looking at the radar either. It's all sliding south and east of us.

Posted

Morning All!

We have a nice covering here in Portsmouth! Haven't heard of any traffic problems around here, but I hope that band of snow moves toward us to give us a little top up :smiliz19: But very happy with the current amount :yahoo:

Posted

well looking at the radar it dosent seem like were gonna get any more today, dosent seem like there is anything left out there in the north sea??

looking at the radar and then the forecast i dont see where our snow today is gonna come from ??

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

Morning All.

Here In Cranleigh (just south of Guildford) we have a nice covering of about 1.5inches, Hubby has finally made it into work via Guildford to Esher and there is hardly any snow there, it appears to be isolated more to the south and east and we appear, here at home, to be on the border of the bad stuff, but hey I'm not complaining. 1.5" is enough to make me smile.

Drive carefully everyone, and enjoy the snow :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

well im very suprised we done very well im very happy i dont think there be anymore until the next event.

but im very happy perhapes those that did not get any may get some from the north after all anything coming up from the south normal turns to snow,

this most likely will happen as milder air pushes up during this week,

and this is where the southcoast dont get snow well rarely anyway.:(

here some pics.

post-9143-1261122786276_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611227319545_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611226136812_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611225775521_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

well im very suprised we done very well im very happy i dont think there be anymore until the next event.

but im very happy perhapes those that did not get any may get some from the north after all anything coming up from the south normal turns to snow,

this most likely will happen as milder air pushes up during this week,

and this is where the southcoast dont get snow well rarely anyway.drinks.gif

here some pics.

post-9143-1261122786276_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611227319545_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611226136812_thumb.jpg

post-9143-12611225775521_thumb.jpg

im devastated!! just a dusting ! some of those radar pics are crap!! i tell u what the only weather site to get it spot on was metcheck and they gave us next to nothing.......which is what we got!!! hats off to metcheckhi.gif im gutted......just cold now..... no more snow for us....145am i was upto nice snow then nothing........ isle of wight huh only i name.....have a nice day......no more posts from me now.....mega_shok.gif

Posted

About 2 inches of snow here in Southsea, I'm sure we will see a few more flurries during the day & its looking like we will see heavy snow tomorrow night again as well drinks.gif

Posted

Update........now in middle of another heavy snow storm, coming down hard again, just as I was leaving for my 40mile journey to work !!

ummmm, maybe I'll wait a while !

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - zoom into your area and watch where the snow is..

For those also traveling, drive safely and good luck.

Posted

Got the official snow measuring stick out this morning - we have 8cm of level snow on the garden table in Reading. Looks like somewhat less at work in Basingstoke - but it's started snowing again here in the last few minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

About 2 inches of snow here in Southsea, I'm sure we will see a few more flurries during the day & its looking like we will see heavy snow tomorrow night again as well :unsure:

can i ask why you think more snow for tomorrow night?:drinks:

Posted

Sprinkling of snow here as expected. Bout half a cm at a guess. Cm in places where is has drifted.

And snowing as we speak. As others have said where is todays snow going to come from?! The radar is empty.

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Seemed to have done very well here overnight around 3-4" level and more in drifts. cars are all abonded on our cul de sac which is on a steep hill and the usual scenario when it sonws. Better than the Feb event this one.

Posted

Had a few hours of snow through the night. :D :lol::)

The sun seems to be melting it though? Even though the temp is about zero and the sun is at it's weakest? ahwell, hopefully most of it will stay and topped up on Saturday Night woo :)

Heres a few pics:

post-8635-12611345306607_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12611345620455_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12611345905415_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12611346192898_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12611346528085_thumb.jpg

Posted

Seemed to have done very well here overnight around 3-4" level and more in drifts. cars are all abonded on our cul de sac which is on a steep hill and the usual scenario when it sonws. Better than the Feb event this one.

Your estimate certainly corresponds with my own measurement - the amount of snow we had last night roughly equals the deepest it reached last February. We're on the flat (just off Caversham Road) so it wasn't difficult to get out this morning, but I suspect many living on hills in Reading won't be going far today.