shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

bloody better be us lol lol

yeah im holding my breath till about 2am after that im off to bed lol

yep lampost watching at the extreme lol oh yeah and radar watching.:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Evenin all, the forecasts on south today, meridian and sky news all look really promising for us :wallbash: but.....Im not convinced :wallbash: been here b4 and was a massive let-down!! :wallbash:

Fingers crossed this time tho!! :whistling: can anyone reassure me????

ps as u can c from my name im from the iow!

Posted

ive been trying to miss as many of the forecasts as i could today just so i didnt build myself up to much lol

but by the sounds of it things are looking good though, fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

ive been trying to miss as many of the forecasts as i could today just so i didnt build myself up to much lol

but by the sounds of it things are looking good though, fingers crossed

Are u from the iow?? Ive watched every forecast and they all look promising BUT I ve been let down so many times!! :whistling:

:)

Posted

nah mate im in southsea, and i know what ya mean about let downs lol

i told myself this year when it started to get cold i wouldnt glue myself to the computer looking at radars and charts till my eyes dryed out

but here i am lmao

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

nah mate im in southsea, and i know what ya mean about let downs lol

i told myself this year when it started to get cold i wouldnt glue myself to the computer looking at radars and charts till my eyes dryed out

but here i am lmao

i think we will get a covering tonight!.....i have wtched every weather forecast from every channel and they all give us snow!!!i have just checked the latest radar and big build up started london way/east anglia!! going to head this way!!lets hope it smacks us right between the eyes!!!doh.gif im very hopeful!!!

Posted

Hey, I've been lurking around the website for years, think its the appropriate time to come into the loop! I have watched all the forecasts, itv meridian ramped it quite alot, not entierly sure the bbc forecast is great news.

Having looked at the charts the gfs high res looks promising with -8 850's over us with low dew points and temps hovering around freezing later on so i would be suprised if we missed out on anything. Not sure what effect the solent would have for us islanders, it could turn the shower line trough into a nice little snow machine for us or it could keep us that little bit too warm and make it quite sleety.

still freezing in cowes at the moment with the wind cold.gif

Posted

i think we will get a covering tonight!.....i have wtched every weather forecast from every channel and they all give us snow!!!i have just checked the latest radar and big build up started london way/east anglia!! going to head this way!!lets hope it smacks us right between the eyes!!!doh.gif im very hopeful!!!

i really hope so lol

Posted

Hey, I've been lurking around the website for years, think its the appropriate time to come into the loop! I have watched all the forecasts, itv meridian ramped it quite alot, not entierly sure the bbc forecast is great news.

Having looked at the charts the gfs high res looks promising with -8 850's over us with low dew points and temps hovering around freezing later on so i would be suprised if we missed out on anything. Not sure what effect the solent would have for us islanders, it could turn the shower line trough into a nice little snow machine for us or it could keep us that little bit too warm and make it quite sleety.

still freezing in cowes at the moment with the wind cold.gif

the only thing that creeps a bit of doubt in my mind is that the met office hasnt done a warning for us!!! all around us but not for us.....but everyone gives us snow on the forecasts !! the sky news one shows the radr with the precipitation right over us about 2 -6 am!! maybe before!!! fingers crossed!! late one for me tonight!! lazy.gif Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

Dont u guys worry there will be snow tonight....been on here for years and this is the best bet of some snow for us for once not lots but at least some :-)

if im wrong then ill hide in the shadows again but i think for once we could get alittle something :-)

Im From Fareham

Edited by SupaSnowy

Posted

optomistic no chance.

No I reckon Stormforce Beka is being realistic, I also reckon 10:00pm tonight at the earliest and chances of snow all through tomorrow but how much is anyones guess. enough to make a lovely white covering will do me. We had a very heavy shower at around 5:00pm that left a sluhy covering on car windscreens. everything else melted as the temp was too high at 3.2 C. However due to the extremely strong wind that covering on the windscreens turned to ice despite the temp. As it is now 1C and the wind still F6 any snow now will settle.

PS this is a site someone on another forum put a link to yesterday. Good radar showing snow or rain.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

looking at the way the snow is moving down it could reach here even earlier than 10:00pm. Don't lose faith folks!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

ok....so.......when do we think its all gonna start 2night?? cold.gif I will be up lampost watchn till 1 tops!! blush.gif

My reckoning is 3am onwards realistically. However snow is pretty unpredictable. i'll stay up until midnight, then it depents whats on the tv and how good our chances look. But more importantly how many festive beers ive had drinks.gif

Posted

Yes i rekcon anything from midnight to 3am we will get a little something...and by the looks of things in the morning too.

Been looking at the charts and we a due some snow, how much is anyones guess. But i think we could have some luck this time.

Posted

My reckoning is 3am onwards realistically. However snow is pretty unpredictable. i'll stay up until midnight, then it depents whats on the tv and how good our chances look. But more importantly how many festive beers ive had drinks.gif

[i recon bout if we dont have anying by 5am !!! lets pack up and go home!! mind u still some chances over the wekend!! i think most of hampshire will see some!! meridian had a great forecast for us all !! east hampshire more than west but still some for us all!! im setting my alarm for 330am!!bomb.giflazy.gif

Posted

[i recon bout if we dont have anying by 5am !!! lets pack up and go home!! mind u still some chances over the wekend!! i think most of hampshire will see some!! meridian had a great forecast for us all !! east hampshire more than west but still some for us all!! im setting my alarm for 330am!!bomb.giflazy.gif

haha ive more chance of staying up until 330am than getting up then. Always say im going to when somthing like this happen but im far more likley to chuck my mobile out of the window if the alarm went off than bother getting up.

Good ole' metcheck not the most reliable in the world but has snow from midnight right through to 3pm tommorow for the isle of wight and pompey!

Posted

No I reckon Stormforce Beka is being realistic, I also reckon 10:00pm tonight at the earliest and chances of snow all through tomorrow but how much is anyones guess. enough to make a lovely white covering will do me. We had a very heavy shower at around 5:00pm that left a sluhy covering on car windscreens. everything else melted as the temp was too high at 3.2 C. However due to the extremely strong wind that covering on the windscreens turned to ice despite the temp. As it is now 1C and the wind still F6 any snow now will settle.

PS this is a site someone on another forum put a link to yesterday. Good radar showing snow or rain.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

looking at the way the snow is moving down it could reach here even earlier than 10:00pm. Don't lose faith folks!

i was just going to say i think by about 11ish for a bit of snow!!have u seen the met office radar!! bigish band starting to head towards us!! gathering pace!!! blum.gif

Posted

met office just put another warning out for us :blink:

Heavy Snow

Heavy snow showers at first this evening becoming heavier and more prolonged overnight will give accumulations of 5-10cm and locally as much as 15-20cm. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong north to northeasterly wind.

Issued at: 2013 Thu 17 Dec

Edited by coxxy22