Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Yes, I hope you enjoyed those dozen or so flake that fell on Portsmouth earlier? rofl.gif Drizzly light rain now, I thought I may have seen perhaps sleet whilst looking at a trusty lampost, but I think not. doh.gif

this will turn into a nightmare!!! thought we would see some snow today .this cold spell isnt as bad as what people say...... 81,91 blah blah just a light grainy shower today...no warnings for tomoz or fri!! even pompey have a warning!! i have had enough!! i have been so excited listening to all the ramping up but..... im going to listen to the proper forecasters like met office!! they have it spot on light rain tonight!! rain tomoz clear the rest of the week...... im not happy....just a wshort cold burst with a light flurry if your lucky!! can anybody raise my spirtits????help.gif

Posted

Nice covering today north of Reading, snowed from 10am until about 3pm, turned slowly back to sleet/rain and most had thawed by then.

If i can get the image off my phone onto the pc i will post it up , might take until next xmas but i will try.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

this will turn into a nightmare!!! thought we would see some snow today .this cold spell isnt as bad as what people say...... 81,91 blah blah just a light grainy shower today...no warnings for tomoz or fri!! even pompey have a warning!! i have had enough!! i have been so excited listening to all the ramping up but..... im going to listen to the proper forecasters like met office!! they have it spot on light rain tonight!! rain tomoz clear the rest of the week...... im not happy....just a wshort cold burst with a light flurry if your lucky!! can anybody raise my spirtits????help.gif

In a word........no!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

thurs night into fri looks interesting!!!!mega_shok.gif

Some of your posts have made me laugh. Unfortunately you have read some posts seen what you have wanted to see and took everything literaly. Not sure how long you have viewed this site but I can tell you that over the last seven years I have seen many go through what you are going through now. View the threads and get a theme. Do not get drawn in by the snowfest in 5 days time posts as this will result in what you are now experincing. This is a good site that will give you an indication of what may happen in the future but as I said detail such as ppn should be looked at upto t 24 and no longer I would suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Some of your posts have made me laugh. Unfortunately you have read some posts seen what you have wanted to see and took everything literaly. Not sure how long you have viewed this site but I can tell you that over the last seven years I have seen many go through what you are going through now. View the threads and get a theme. Do not get drawn in by the snowfest in 5 days time posts as this will result in what you are now experincing. This is a good site that will give you an indication of what may happen in the future but as I said detail such as ppn should be looked at upto t 24 and no longer I would suggest.

thanks mate but its too late for me .....mega_shok.gif save yourselves haha...... yeah i know get caught up tp much in the hype!!! just need some flurries and i wwill be happy!!! good day too you sir!!hi.gif

Posted

Wow this thread is buzzing!! No one live in Central Southern England apart from me? lol

Snow potential looking good in this part of the world Thursday Night and into Friday Morning!

Lets hope this pulls off and becomes....atleast.... a decent enough event! :):yahoo:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

im crossing all my fingers for tonight :whistling:

knowing our luck though the air will be to warm by the time it gets here and we will probaly get rain lol or it will miss us completley lol

just my opinion lol i hope to god im wrong though lol suppose if i expect nothing then i cant be dissapointed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

im crossing all my fingers for tonight drinks.gif

knowing our luck though the air will be to warm by the time it gets here and we will probaly get rain lol or it will miss us completley lol

just my opinion lol i hope to god im wrong though lol suppose if i expect nothing then i cant be dissapointed lol

You have a reasonable chance of seeing some, though light I feel.

Posted

think we will see snow this week-end, how much will depend on Saturdays nights drop, there could be an interesting battle Monday accoerding the 0z run with a potential downfall but turning to rain

Posted

yeah the weather reports are looking good, shows night time temps at -2, but i suppose it can still go tits up

please please please let it snow lol

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

Latest Netweather Article on the homepage mentions Central Southern England :D

'Through the day, a more persistent band of sleet and snow will push into southeast England, East Anglia and eventually even central southern England later, and is unlikely to move away until late in the day Friday, which could mean some quite difficult travelling conditions in these regions where the snow settles and accumulates. '

Lets hope so :D

Posted

yep the 6z is a good run for us - lets hope it verifies - opught to now its only 12 hours away - although precip can be very awqward to predict even this close.

Posted

I'm not that confident that we will see snow here & if we do I think it will just be light flurries, so probably none settling. Would be typical though if do get flurries overnight so we can't even see it falling whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

-8c 850 air over us now - dewpoints dropping now down to -2, air temp below 4c.

Would think that snow more likely than rain with those figures, if anything falls.

It's not far away according to the radar. Next 24h could be interesting.

Posted

had a few flurries here, looks like its all clear now till later

fingers crossed for some decent snow, or any snow would be good

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

well well look at the meto radar aload of rubbish nothing tonight for us wallbash.gif

Impatience lol. Won't be til anywhen between 10-midnight at a guess.