Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

London & South East England: Bracknell Forest Brighton + Hove Gtr London Hampshire Isle of Wight Oxfordshire Portsmouth Reading Slough Southampton Surrey W Berkshire W Sussex Windsor + Maidenhead Wokingham

Heavy Snow2009 Thu 170800 Fri 18Heavy snow showers at first this evening becoming heavier and more prolonged overnight will give accumulations of 5-10cm and locally as much as 15-20cm. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong north to northeasterly wind.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2013 Thu 17 Dec

Just over 10 minutes ago, new met office warning now including isle of wight and hampshire good.gif

met office just put another warning out for us drinks.gif

Heavy Snow

Heavy snow showers at first this evening becoming heavier and more prolonged overnight will give accumulations of 5-10cm and locally as much as 15-20cm. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong north to northeasterly wind.

ok you beat me to it haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

The radar is looking very promising now! Is this a sign of some good snow falls here?!

met office has done a warningfor us!!! deal us in we are in the game!!! im dellighted !! bring on the snow!!hi.gif good day to u all xx

The radar is looking very promising now! Is this a sign of some good snow falls here?!

yep get your tin helmets on help.gif

Posted

met office just put another warning out for us :good:

Heavy Snow

Heavy snow showers at first this evening becoming heavier and more prolonged overnight will give accumulations of 5-10cm and locally as much as 15-20cm. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong north to northeasterly wind.

RAMPIDY RAMPIDY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP :D MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAA :yahoo::D:good::clap::help::cold::oops:

Posted

Well I've tried to watch the BBC south forecast on the website but I can't. Not only is it out of sink be we have that "stiff old bird" presenting it...dreadful.

shes a cardboard cut out haha!! dust your sledges off!! i think it will be hitting hampshire by 1100pm!! any bodt else on the sweepstake???? im really confident now!! not the matter of if!!! but of how much!! i want 10cm!! and drifts pleasdrunk.gif e!!

Posted

i dont no now, looking at the radars its already exceeding what gfs is predicting, i would have throught 11 was about 4 hours early but im gunna bring my guess down to midnight now!

Posted

TBH Guys look at the worst senario. 5cm ... That's still more than we normally get! Win win situ this. Anyone staying up all night? :whistling:

I'm well excited. Only problem I have now is that 1 of my wellies has a hole in!! :aggressive:

Posted

Ill be up all night i got the beers in :-)

we can see who stays up by whos posting!!haha im there!! massive field by me!! first snowman on the island !!you bet!!aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

shes a cardboard cut out haha!! dust your sledges off!! i think it will be hitting hampshire by 1100pm!! any bodt else on the sweepstake???? im really confident now!! not the matter of if!!! but of how much!! i want 10cm!! and drifts pleasdrunk.gif e!!

I said last night you had a chance! 24 hours what a difference. "More bad news Great" To quote you

Posted

I said last night you had a chance! 24 hours what a difference. "More bad news Great" To quote you

you did thanks!! haha!! white-out in some parts of london!!just been reading the forum!! this way please!!air_kiss.gif

Posted

Greetings one and all. Having read these posts for numerous years, decided it was time to join the forum.

Some of the most spectacular snowfall here in Beckenham at moment with a truly wild wind. Really enjoying this, think it could be a late nite.

First post done whistling.gif

Posted

Wow london is being battered!! Geeeeeeeeepers lol.

yep blizzards and thundersnow!!! roads blocked and electric lines down in norfolk!!!diablo.gif

Posted

Looks like the first of the two main bands of snow is less than half an hour away. Just been on the phone to my brother in Cambridge and they already have a couple of inches on the ground. Keeping an eye on that lamp post...

Posted

Now if my eyes and playing with me, there is currently flurries of snow falling here!yahoo.gif

fantastic !! real windy on the isle of wight!!really got up 15mins ago!! and cold!! 0oc -5 in windchill!!!good.gif