IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

???? im in southsea and it aint snowin here lol

wait there i think i see a flake or 2 lol

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

Yep seems like it should be cold enough for snow in Chichester as well, looks the cold air was far enough west and strong enough to allow the leading edge of the front to be of snow tohugh its starting to struggle in terms of its southwards push, the snow probably won't be long lasting though as the time of day isn't all that favourable, saying that given it seems to have slowed down somewhat the leading edge may last longer.

My sister just phoned to say its snowing in Emsworth as well, not far from Chichester drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Snowing now in Southsea too!! clap.gif

atlast still im not very optimistic about the cold spell for us but i will say its just good to see some lol:drinks:

yay kold has brought us good luck chichester normal do well out of easterlys hopefully there save us some lol.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

???? im in southsea and it aint snowin here lol

wait there i think i see a flake or 2 lol

Was a full on flurry, seems to have stopped now though, but still the odd flake, you can't have been lookng closely enough laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lucky people, the day the south coast snows, and it doesn't here, we know we have it bad up in the northwest :wallbash::D

Posted

Was a full on flurry, seems to have stopped now though, but still the odd flake, you can't have been lookng closely enough laugh.gif

some patchy cloud now but looking n ne there darker ones so maybe a little more but i dont care if it dont lay just nice to see it,

bet my kids are going bananas at school they love it.

Lucky people, the day the south coast snows, and it doesn't here, we know we have it bad up in the northwest :wallbash::D

dont you worry we will be in tears when we see what you get soon.

and we wont get a white christmas but you will lucky sods lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Still snowing in East of Reading below ia a pic of my garden at 12.30pm.

My Garden - 1230pm

Posted

What I cant figure out is Netweather forecast has this cold spell breaking down around the 23rd and back to mild,but Metcheck are sticking by their guns and predicting the cold to last right through Xmas and into the new year?

In fact according to metcheck from Friday onwards the temps not going to rise above freezing for the next 14 days!fantastic if it comes off but I dont know where they are getting their data from as have just checked GFS and it does seem to support a breakdown just before Xmas.

Posted

thats weird im right in the centre of town and ive had no flurries lol saw a few flakes but nothing more than that lol

Well it wasn't much more than that, lol laugh.gif I'm hoping that wasn't it?? And that there is more on the way to us before the rain starts.

Posted

Lucky people, the day the south coast snows, and it doesn't here, we know we have it bad up in the northwest nonono.giflaugh.gif

Not that lucky, you could have counted the number of flakes that fell whistling.gif Looks like the best of the cold & snow is going to be "up north" later though.

Posted

Well it wasn't much more than that, lol :lol: I'm hoping that wasn't it?? And that there is more on the way to us before the rain starts.

to be honest your right flurry may have been a over statement lol more like mini flurry lol:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Still snowing in East of Reading below ia a pic of my garden at 12.30pm.

My Garden - 1230pm

So thats what a snowfest, that everyone goes on about, looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

So thats what a snowfest, that everyone goes on about, looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! I know.....Amazing isn't it? :good:

Posted

It just goes to show how snow starved we are down here in our area. Obviously Feb this year was reasonable for some and April 2008 was quite exceptional for an out of season event, but the majority of the snow that settles tends to fall at night and we don't actually get to see it falling!

I was chuckling to myself when reading reports of heavy snow down sarf and hearing the people in the office around me going 'wow look at that snow it's really heavy' - I was very quick to point out that it was light snow and that it was barely settling, which made me feel a bit of a killjoy!

Posted

It just goes to show how snow starved we are down here in our area. Obviously Feb this year was reasonable for some and April 2008 was quite exceptional for an out of season event, but the majority of the snow that settles tends to fall at night and we don't actually get to see it falling!

I was chuckling to myself when reading reports of heavy snow down sarf and hearing the people in the office around me going 'wow look at that snow it's really heavy' - I was very quick to point out that it was light snow and that it was barely settling, which made me feel a bit of a killjoy!

Very true. The snow in north Hampshire was never more than light to at best moderate - although it is still lying at the moment. Temperatures have been more suppressed than I had expected, with only +0.2 being recorded at 3pm in Odiham. Looking at the Meto radar, there is a possibility that heavier precipitation is on its way over the next half an hour or so. If it is heavy enough then it should add to the very slight accumulations that we already have before being washed away by the rain forecast for this evening.

Posted

Yes, I hope you enjoyed those dozen or so flake that fell on Portsmouth earlier? rofl.gif Drizzly light rain now, I thought I may have seen perhaps sleet whilst looking at a trusty lampost, but I think not. doh.gif