Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Don't be too dissapointed if we don't see much from this easterly our time will come at the end of the week and into next week.

Actually, I'm not that fussed by snow. My ideal weather would be clear skies with deep, deep cold, as that's the best time to be out with my telescope. Not because I like looking at stars you understand, but simply because the Police tend not to wander about so much on a cold night, so I won't get caught.

Posted

Actually, I'm not that fussed by snow. My ideal weather would be clear skies with deep, deep cold, as that's the best time to be out with my telescope. Not because I like looking at stars you understand, but simply because the Police tend not to wander about so much on a cold night, so I won't get caught.

:lol:

Posted

You’re a braver man that I, to be exposing your telescope in those kinds of temperatures, but you’re made of stronger stuff up your way.

If any of those easterly showers make it over the Pennines, I might take a trip up to the Saddleworth Hills and get my camera out. Showers can be hit and miss though, I just hope the wind will be strong enough to drive them our way.

Posted

I would expect you have a dusting of snow in the morning, temps should struggle much above freezing during the day. At some piont I think you get to close to -10C before this is over.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Quiet on our thread tonight were is everyone?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Quiet on our thread tonight were is everyone?

C.S

Waiting for the 18z :)

And we're off, out to 6hrs and no change yet :):yahoo::)

Edited by Spurry

Posted

And we're off, out to 6hrs and no change yet :):yahoo::)

Very few of us live in the north west i presume, most are southerners, panicking

Edited by K.1000

Posted

Good evening, i too am hoping for some snow this weekend , the last decent snow to last a few days was feb 96, im not expecting anything like that during this cold spell but a couple of inches would be nice.

Posted

And we're off, out to 6hrs and no change yet :yahoo::) :)

It's bound to be a downgrade full of warm sectors and rubbish 850s

That's it - i'm never looking at the models ever ever again - in fact I'm deleting the internet!!!!!

When are the 00z runs due out? :)

Posted

Very few of us live in the north west i presume, most are southerners, panicking

:) how very true, just looked on NW radar and it should be snowing over Buxton atm but not a bit in sight :yahoo:

Regards

Edited by keviwal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

The East Anglia and SE thread is certainly a lot more active than this one...do more people have T'internet down Sarf :)

It's bound to be a downgrade full of warm sectors and rubbish 850s

That's it - i'm never looking at the models ever ever again - in fact I'm deleting the internet!!!!!

When are the 00z runs due out? :)

It's good to know that there are people out there as pessimistic (realistic) as i am :yahoo:

Edited by Spurry

Posted

The East Anglia and SE thread is certainly a lot more active than this one...do more people have T'internet down Sarf :drinks:

It's good to know that there are people out there as pessimistic (realistic) as i am :)

Hehe yep - it's my alter ego that posts in the ramping thread :cold:

Posted

Hehe yep - it's my alter ego that posts in the ramping thread :drinks:

That's nothing, I sent up an ID based in Maidenhead, I'm all over the South East thread telling them the 850s are marginal and there will be no settling snow. A washout!

Posted

That's nothing, I sent up an ID based in Maidenhead, I'm all over the South East thread telling them the 850s are marginal and there will be no settling snow. A washout!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! QUALITY!!!!!! :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

The gritters our out in force on the M6 and around chorley,its on its way.cold.gif

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHA! QUALITY!!!!!! :)

Unfortunately my gag has backfired on the 18z, overnight Tue - Wed brings the low up from the south stalling against the cold air, would produce a lot of snow in the south if that were to come off

Posted

Unfortunately my gag has backfired on the 18z, overnight Tue - Wed brings the low up from the south stalling against the cold air, would produce a lot of snow in the south if that were to come off

Yeah, but never forget, they might get lots of snow soon, but when it melts. they all still have to come back to the realisation that they live in the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Classic forecast from Rob just on BBC loved the end of it when he said Monday ha ha and that laugh

Absolute classic Robdrinks.gif

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Yeah, but never forget, they might get lots of snow soon, but when it melts. they all still have to come back to the realisation that they live in the south.

haha good one :)

Posted

I think we'll need a minute's silence or something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nice rain on Saturday for us coasters but with the chance of backedge now. Proper NW coastal weather, what would we do without it!

Posted

Oh well this is going to be my last post until later on Monday as I am off to the NE England and won't have internet connection - may actually be a bit of a relief as all this model watching and thread reading is becoming a bit too addictive at present given the circumstances, it will be nice to see what happens naturally without the aid of the models and forecasts.

Anyhow it is going to be an interesting 5 days coming up, I'm very curious as to whether on my return I will be welcomed by more snow cover than when I leave Tyne and Wear on Monday - definate potential..

To all in the NW hope that you get some snow cover by Monday, I've my fingers crossed, the fells no doubt are likely to be plastered in the stuff on my return, they are green at the moment not very festive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

As i said yesterday about the snow pushing into the NW region this morning .... It was trying to snow at 4 am but ive just got home from work and its started snowing pretty moderately here in Oldham and the cars and paths are covering over nicely ... Excellent Stuff :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Still snowing on and off pretty intensely here in oldham "woop woop" whistling.gif