Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

just been studying the loop in great detail..

I reckon Wilts and Glos will get hit albit east in these region's in the early hrs.

Not to sure about the other areas as its to far away at present but im confident about the above counties for later

Posted

I'm more interested in the PPN which i've shown in the pic below. If the it keeps heading in the direction and doesnt fizzle out too much, things could get interesting.

i think theres gunna be a change in diretion so it goes south but u never knw

Posted

I'm hoping the same thing Bristol Blizzard - there has been a wind change in that area from NE to ENE and is due to go more easterly as the morning goes on. If you look at this radar that wash streamer has a pretty long tail.

http://www.meteox.nl...&soort=loop1uur

If anythings gonna hit us it might be something from that.

Edited by kumquat

Posted

I'm hoping the same thing Bristol Blizzard - there has been a wind change in that area from NE to ENE and is due to go more easterly as the morning goes on. If you look at this radar that wash streamer has a pretty long tail.

http://www.meteox.nl...&soort=loop1uur

If anythings gonna hit us it might be something from that.

A very long tail indeed.

If the wind direction doesn't change too much I would imagine some lucky place in the uk would get a dumping.

Posted

Bristol now has the snow symbol all morning on the Met Office SW Forecast.

where is it surpost to b coming from? looks like the systems going south

Posted

I know what you mean but the whole system is also gradually moving west and the showers seem to be remaining strong, especially the pseudo-streamer coming out of the Wash. Just hope it can get far enough West. We could be in for a whole line of showers if that beauty gets across the country enough. Have to wait and see - its gonna take quite a few hours to get here if it does at all so I'm gonna hit the sack - good luck for the morning!

Posted

I know what you mean but the whole system is also gradually moving west and the showers seem to be remaining strong, especially the pseudo-streamer coming out of the Wash. Just hope it can get far enough West. We could be in for a whole line of showers if that beauty gets across the country enough. Have to wait and see - its gonna take quite a few hours to get here if it does at all so I'm gonna hit the sack - good luck for the morning!

Im feeling optimistic about the whole line of showers, they dont appear to be fizzling out :D

Could be an interesting morning

Posted

Winds will graduall turn more easterly as the low moves south - you can see the orientation of the showers in the Thames Estruary region already point due West and the bands are orientating themselves more this way now. Run the Met office radar between 1am and 2am and watch the band in Est anglia start to orientate itself similarly. As is the one down near southampton which seems to be intensifying and starting to move further west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

na off to bed nt looking gd

Its been 5 miles from bicester all night http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

the front may be pivoting around that receeding low, but the fax analysys shows a trough embeded in the flow - im pinning my hopes on a bit later this am for this to bring some snow to the south glos/n wilts area .. we'll see hey

Posted

its as far west as sailsbury at the min

the front may be pivoting around that receeding low, but the fax analysys shows a trough embeded in the flow - im pinning my hopes on a bit later this am for this to bring some snow to the south glos/n wilts area .. we'll see hey

come on it begining to get closer now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

they have changed forecast and it doesnt make it into somerset at all now cray.gif

Very chilly morning though at the moment, dont see this getting above 0c to be honest.

-4c

Edited by mullender83