Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 4

M'Lady

Posted

Nice dusting here at the moment, Snow is mainly of the soft hail/snow mix around here but plenty of showers forming just west of me out in the Irish sea.

Temperature is rising slowly though, with the sea temperature influence sarting to take effect with the direction of the wind :doh: Just hope these showers are frequent and help keep the temp down!

Posted

met office flash warning now for cumbria, temp gone up here to 0.8c hope it stays below 2c arrrrgh

Whereabouts are you? Over in the Eden Valley, it's currently -5.9C after a low of -10.4C (the lowest temp since December 29th 2005).

Posted

Another hail shower-still no snow here, weird Mossely Hill and Birkenhead have snow. Interesting how the character of the hail has changed, from large round balls to small cone shaped objects. Sure is turbulent up there.

Yeah, we've had the hail showers which has stopped.

Nice coating on the floor.

Posted

Worried about this westerly wind-could raise temps. We need it to swing North.

Yep up to 2.9c here already although the snow doesnt seem to be thawing much. Its going to be 5c here by lunch time if this carries on :)

Posted

Just having the second snow shower ofthe day. Not heavy but adding to the earlier dusting.

The radar shows that the heaviest showers are in a line from the coast of Northern Irelandto the northwest of the region. Don't know if we'll get those heavy ones as it depends on the wind direction. At the moment we're relying on the light/moderateshowers forming over the irish sea.

Karyo

Just having the second snow shower ofthe day. Not heavy but adding to the earlier dusting.

The radar shows that the heaviest showers are in a line from the coast of Northern Irelandto the northwest of the region. Don't know if we'll get those heavy ones as it depends on the wind direction. At the moment we're relying on the light/moderateshowers forming over the irish sea.

Karyo

Hi karyo yes im not too impressed with the radar at all!!!

Wheres all the snow showers promised? HAve to hope it peps up in the next few hours but i was expecting to see

a better radar this moerning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

hmmmmmmmmm, just woken to find just an extra 1cm of snowfall overnight - I know it's better than some, but still not what I was expecting given the forecast. Having a brew then will venture out - fingers crossed there is more on the way

Posted

Hi karyo yes im not too impressed with the radar at all!!!

Wheres all the snow showers promised? HAve to hope it peps up in the next few hours but i was expecting to see

a better radar this moerning. :)

Yes, it seems that the Manchester area is between the two bands of showers!

Let's hope that more will form over the sea...

Karyo

Posted

Karyo

Yep.....that's what I'm thinking.Deinately getting frozen rain here, with a bit of snow mixed in.If anything the wind has moved into the SW a touch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lots of grauple mixed in.. (Why)?

Currently snowing (propper snow) heavily. Everywhere covered in ice, snow and grauple.

0.1c after a low of -3.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I'm sure the showers will get going later. Anyways I'm having a break from the computer today to enjoy the snow, good luck hope you guys get lots.