Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

a VERY heavy snow shower has just passed - looks like tomorrow will have to be a snow day off work - ah well

Hi were can i find this information!!!!

It was on at 9.30 after the news, looks like its going to be cold all week with milder weather returning on St Stephens day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Just had the line move through, left a 1cm covering. Looks like the LP is now moving down towards the Irish Sea, pushing the showers towards us rather than SE into Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice to hear the snow has spread so far west. Would it be safe to assume that South West England and the Midlands are the only ones not fairing well?

Posted

Nice to hear the snow has spread so far west. Would it be safe to assume that South West England and the Midlands are the only ones not fairing well?

And much of populated Ireland, we have had none in the south and east YET

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

6 inches of snow 200 =m above me none here this large band is now my only hope sighes !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

6 inches of snow 200 =m above me none here this large band is now my only hope sighes !

FJ

The latest radar (type in your postcard in the search field - will zoom in closer) http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ shows an extensive band of precipitation spreading down from the north. At your height 110m (app 330ft asl) there should be no problem with it falling as snow. If you miss this band - considering how broad it is, i would say you have been extremely unlucky !! Considering recent winters we have done ok this early in the winter season and pre christmas to get the cold and snow which is now forecast to last to christmas and possibly beyond. Many more snow chances to come !!

Posted

Showers sleet snow getting heavier all the time in s wales.

Posted

had another really heavy snow shower about 30mins ago. put down about another half inch or so. brilliant white scene outside. snow is so dry it has blown off the top of the car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

And much of populated Ireland, we have had none in the south and east YET

Not entirely true, got a cm or 2 here in South Tipperary.

Just back from Cork for Christmas so a pleasant surprise, hopefuly a few more showers will make it this far during the night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

This thread is very quiet tonight considering the radar activity with moderate precipitation through Co Antrim moving south at the moment. Can anyone confirm if this is falling as rain or snow??

Posted

This thread is very quiet tonight considering the radar activity with moderate precipitation through Co Antrim moving south at the moment. Can anyone confirm if this is falling as rain or snow??

Well the NW radar is showing it as mostly snow. Sleet on the backedge.

Posted

extremely heavy snow here. white out conditions. Had an accident on the way home from party. car is a total wreak :yahoo: it really is crazy. had a power outage about half an hour ago.

Posted

I am on the edge of my seat here waiting for it to arrive! Its 1.3C with a dew point of -1.8C - theoretically, it should be snow, and a lot of it looking at the radar. Sky turning very orange to the NW.................

Posted

Not sure if anyone has posted this but.......

ATTENTION! URGENT WEATHER WARNING.

Please be advised that Co antrim is has been severely affected with 15 to 20 cm reported. reports are also coming in of power cuts affecting Antrim and ballymena areas.

The heaviest snow is expected in Co Antrim, Co Londonderry and Co Tyrone. a further 5 - 10 cm is expected at low levels with local falls of up 15 cm and 10 - 15 cm over high ground.

Co Armagh, Co Down, and Co Fermanagh are expected to escape the worst of the snow with 2 - 5 cm at low levels with 10 cm on high ground.

Disruption to travel networks is likely.

Further updates will be issued later today Please stay tuned to weather forecasts.

Posted

Unreal here in North East Antrim must have 10 inches now! AT SEA LEVEL; Haven't seen the likes since years ago! Proper Artic snow the kids are lovin it!

Edited by shrike

Posted

extremely heavy snow here. white out conditions. Had an accident on the way home from party. car is a total wreak :cc_confused: it really is crazy. had a power outage about half an hour ago.

Few people I know had a car crash this week I know and wrote car's off! - Hope your ok!

Posted

we only had a small bit of snow overnight looks like antrim snatched it id say that spoilt mountain will have 10 inches of snow now we had lightening last night aswell...... sighes nothing really here! its weird considering derry has snow and we dnt they are only 25 miles away and eglinton is 15 miles away what a disapointment..

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

We didnt get a drop last night either by the looks of it. Got a top up round 10pm & that was it....all frozen solid this morning though so the roads should be fun.

Loads of showers off the north coast on the radar but will they be snow & which way will they go?

Posted

Very little or any in the way of snow overnight here as well but still plenty lying from previous showers. Went for a walk in the snow last night around 11:15pm and it was bitterly cold in the wind. I've a little thermometer which hangs off our washing line and it's currently readin -3 although I've no idea if it's accurate or not.

Posted

we have about an inch and a half of snow lying here now after further showers early last nite. low cloud and fog keeping temps above freezing though but maybe this will prevent much of a thaw today. not expecting any more snow today so hopefully the sun will stay away and the snow will still be there when i get home from work.