• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Most northern extent on the 12z UKMO appears to be Humberside area before it retreats east, cold front doesn't clear Kent till around lunchtime:

post-1052-12614184161413_thumb.gifpost-1052-12614184291713_thumb.gifpost-1052-12614184454913_thumb.gif

Those charts seem to be showing heavy snow over Lowestoft/Yarmouth right on the East coast for 1pm tomorrow, is that right? Or have I misread?

Posted

Heavy snow since 4.00pm! Town is at standstill people leaving cars and walking home. Total chos!!! The council have a lot to answer in this cold spell. Very limited gritting and none today!! Shocking! Had another 6cm since 4 o'clock!

We did well in feb and now dec. It seems for snow Luton is top dog!!!

Posted

Total carnage round here now - one of the main bridges in Sonning has been shut for the past few hours - continous heavy snow from 12.30pm not stopped and still going. Just had a mate phone coming back from London to ask if he can stay at ours as well as he cant get home. Way more snow in the last week than we had in Feb, best spell for years round these parts.

Posted

can i apologise to the poster who asked if there would be heavy snow all day in high wycombe and i said there wouldnt :wallbash:

also - how cool does rob m look now after his wink at the end of the forecast last thursday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Those charts seem to be showing heavy snow over Lowestoft/Yarmouth right on the East coast for 1pm tomorrow, is that right? Or have I misread?

Saffron Walden Essex. Been snowing here for an hour and a half. First wet snow , then quickly huge flakes and very heavy and hasn't stopped. Little of the past few days snow has melted and this is really topping it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

............rain band decaying rapidly as goes north :wallbash:

Posted

Gradually turning into 100% snow now. Started off as rain about 15 mins ago, then sleet, sleet/wet snow and now nearly fully snow!

Edit: more sleety now =(

Thats because its continuing to weaken.

Very disappointing radar at 18.00. I bet the BBC continue to forecast snow but in my opinion it has no chance of reaching Leicestershire or Lincs. It will be interesting to see what they forecast for these areas as im often critical of the BBC for not using their nowcasting skills.

Really need to see this intensify again otherwise it will turn into light sleety drizzle.

Posted

Looks like those to the E & SE of the region are missing out this time around. Naff all here apart from a bit of wet snow and rain, which is seriously washing away my dump from Friday morning. :drinks:

What's the chances of it turning to snow later as it passes back through? :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just been out in the City to post cards. Has snowed heavily and now great big wet chunks are falling off the buildings. Went round by the Gherkin and to those inside it looks like it's raining heavily. Actually it's mainly melting snow, not doing much at present. I used to work in there and when it was raining always usd to look like it was really chucking it down as you went out the building.

Streets were white with very wet snow, not trning rapidly to slush if not sludge due to melt/volume pf people walking through.

Posted

Very light snow here now, might be a little rain mixed in, but we've got a good 5cm from it. Temp still 0c.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

can i apologise to the poster who asked if there would be heavy snow all day in high wycombe and i said there wouldnt :oops:

also - how cool does rob m look now after his wink at the end of the forecast last thursday!!

I'd forgotten about Rob M's wink and chuckle, good point! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Most northern extent on the 12z UKMO appears to be Humberside area before it retreats east, cold front doesn't clear Kent till around lunchtime:

post-1052-12614184161413_thumb.gifpost-1052-12614184291713_thumb.gifpost-1052-12614184454913_thumb.gif

The time would be 12 noon as they are charts from a French weather site (1hr ahead), yes could still be some sleet/snow around along eastern side of E Anglia as the front clears if those charts are to be believed - though the times and heaviness of precip in one area should be treated as approximate rather than accurate!

Posted

Well I can't believe how widespread the snowfall seems to be. London for crying out loud?? The models have really got something wrong here. These maps for 6pm today should not yield heavy snow to anywhere, let alone London.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn0610.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn062.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn064.png

Posted

I think those further north from us and east should be rather happy with what they have already received and not moan about it. I for example am only 5 miles from Croydon and they got hammered the other day inches off snow. For me i had a brief 30 mins light snow which next day was all gone been very unlucky up until today and we had 40 mins off heavy snow which left 3cms. While others has had lots more esp those in Cambridge kent ect so why moan its not often we see snow just before Christmas let alone just after. Have a very merry Christmas all see you in the knew year i am off to Moscow in the morning. :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :cold:

Posted

Weather report from boyfriend in Reedham, raining there, still Icy in a place called Norton Subcourse.

Edited by jennyjane

Posted

I'd forgotten about Rob M's wink and chuckle, good point! :oops:

Rob mcelwee is the only BBC forecaster who has put his balls on the line during this period. All credit to him, hope all his mild ramping colleagues buy him a drink or two at the BBC weather teams Christmas party. Pleased to see a nice covering preserved in Ealing. Total slush just 5 mikes away and a few feet lower in Hammersmith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

ya know im gunu have to try to cycle to amersham tommorow just 2 see the snow because i havent seen any yet.. if its still there... if i can work out the way.

Posted

Its still snowing here in Hertford, has varied between moderate and heavy for the last 90 minutes or so. Have had prob another 3-4cm.

Posted

As I thought the BBC are still suggesting heavy snow from Peterborough into Norfolk, only clearing tomorrow morning.

So what do I believe the BBC/Met O or go with my own instincts?

Well unless this precip intensifies then its going to be nothing more than light sleet/rain although it is lightly snowing at the moment. If im proved right then you have to question why the BBC don't use up to date information i.e take a look at the radar!