Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion Part 11

Methuselah

Where did that come from Catch?? If this band tracking south across Angus is anything to go by, there may be some of that dump left over for us Fifers!

Look at the showers coming down on the latest radar!!!!!!

You have thrown me with the whole thing about "Angus" as that is my toddler's name!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Look at the showers coming down on the latest radar!!!!!!

You have thrown me with the whole thing about "Angus" as that is my toddler's name!!

Pretty impressive looking radar really - would've bitten someone's arm off for that in November! Anyway, at least you didn't call him 'Fife' I guess!

Or, even worse, midlothian!

Just hope these bands make it over the highlands.

LS

edit: check out Laurencekirk!!

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow band losing a bit of momentum, but with the wind veering a bit more to the north-northwest, perhaps the back end of that giant shower will catch us as well.post-9298-12623094120113_thumb.png

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

I don't care now, that's a polar low. A very disorganised PL, but it is a polar low.

It is circulating and not just a comma cloud moving south.

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=eu&sat=ir&type=loop

Wait until that hits the radar............and then slides down the east coast :)

Edit: And wait until I sober up and see the reality for what it is...a swirly cloud.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

am interested in seeing what it does to that bank of fog sitting over Norway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Happy 2010 to all :drunk:

Reporting -9c at Embra airport currently (2AM), not too shabby :cold:

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Well that was an amazing night!! bliadhna mhath Ùr dhuibh huile (happy new year everyone!) ;):drunk:;)

(Netweather wont allow me to put the letters U and an R together :(

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Well Pete, this has just become (in my book) the 'Winter of 2009' for Inverness (the t in winter is silent, of course)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well Pete, this has just become (in my book) the 'Winter of 2009' for Inverness (the t in winter is silent, of course)

Can hardly argue with that, Rab...It's throwing it down!!

Morning all. It is currently -1.1 dp -3.8. No snow overnight, in fact we have had no decent snow for a few days now ;) Please somebody tell me fife will get some more soon.

Have a gander at the Fax charts, SL2...See what you think?? :drunk:

Posted

Can hardly argue with that, Rab...It's throwing it down!!

Send it here, send it here. Honeslty if i dont get some snow soon my oh is gonan have to cart me off to the priory.

can you show me where to look at the fax charts, am still learning and dont know whhere to look

Oh i just found it but i dont know how to read that one, probably very simple but i ahve never asked. I would take a guess and tell you what i think but dont want to look a right pleb lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It certainly shows troughs (bands of sleet/snow and showers) coming Southwards as time goes on. Followed by some very cold air too! ;)

You're too young, SL2 :drunk: ...Peeps like me were brought-up on weather charts like those. There were none of those fancy graphics that impart information but don't teach anyone anything???

I think it's a great shame; as it adds a layer of opacity to weather-enthusiasm, that wasn't formerly there. ;):(

PS: there may be some information about 'old-fashioned' weather charts in the Learning Area?? ;):(:(

Posted

Has anyone else spied another possible PL heading down the east coast from Norway at T+84 (i.e. monday/monday night).

Posted

It certainly shows troughs (bands of sleet/snow and showers) coming Southwards as time goes on. Followed by some very cold air too! yahoo.gif

You're too young, SL2 biggrin.gif ...Peeps like me were brought-up on weather charts like those. There were none of those fancy graphics that impart information but don't teach anyone anything???

I think it's a great shame; as it adds a layer of opacity to weather-enthusiasm, that wasn't formerly there. sad.gifsad.gif

PS: there may be some information about 'old-fashioned' weather charts in the Learning Area?? good.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Haha too young, i was just told last night i was getting old at the good old age of 29...soon to be 30.

Ok am off to the learning area. Fingers crossed for some snow.

Posted

snowing its heart out here again!

you had your shotty yesterday Pete

Posted

Well more snow overnight although a slight drip off the tree branches,0c and a slight breeze. Almost half a metre now and becuse snow is damp very hard to walk through if you have to move off the tracked areas. Just started to hail and wind getting up.14 days of lying snow.If wind goes round to the east later will have a longer land track so temperature will probably fall. Amazing cold spell!!!!