Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion Part 11

Methuselah

HNY y'all !

Thought I'd change into something more appropriate for the New Year and this continuing cold spell.

penguin.jpg

White tux and tails :lol:

This cold spell has now taken on epic status. It has lasted all year, so far.

Stop spamming the snowdome Karl :)

We heard you the first time big man :) :) :D :D

Sorry :D

The revellers at the legendary Strathallan New Years celebrations must have been cold, -14.1C at midnight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Happy New Year all!

First footing was a nightmare with all that snow and ice, though cloud encroaching means temps are up to the balmy heights of -2.4C!

My piping was done purely indoors though to avoid asbos from elderly neighbourswhistling.gif

Just want to post this radar image to keep all the east central residents in good snow watching spirit in 2010 -post-9298-12623062327013_thumb.png

Enjoy 2010 Karl and all the other netweather residents!

LS

Sorry doh.gif

The revellers at the legendary Strathallan New Years celebrations must have been cold, -14.1C at midnight!

Shouldn't be anyone left there really - it's just a boarding school!

New model released on New Year's Day:

Scottish Ordinary Forecasting Utility Computer Kaleidoscope model. Which is a bit like sour grapes, what you get is what you get from the SOLettuce.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Happy New Year to all. Chilly up in Perthshire right enough and snowy in Aberdeen?

Happy New Year to all. Chilly up in Perthshire right enough and snowy in Aberdeen?

Glasgow Airport has just warmed up to -6C from -7C....:drunk:

I am so glad I'm sitting in the house tonight :wallbash:

Posted

Happy New Year all!

First footing was a nightmare with all that snow and ice, though cloud encroaching means temps are up to the balmy heights of -2.4C!

My piping was done purely indoors though to avoid asbos from elderly neighbourswhistling.gif

Just want to post this radar image to keep all the east central residents in good snow watching spirit in 2010 -post-9298-12623062327013_thumb.png

Enjoy 2010 Karl and all the other netweather residents!

LS

Shouldn't be anyone left there really - it's just a boarding school!

Happy New year aLL.

Love that picture 0025........any chance of another update. I am not exposed to such imfo...........cray.gifcray.gif

I see!

Can I propose RRR as a pretendy Scotsman?? He seems to want to be one of us with his regular posts in our thread. Just one seconder would promote him to a real pretend Scot. Anyone???

We know you want to be one of us Karl......

Happy New Year to everyone from an exiled Aberdonian.

Oh how I wish I was in Scotland right now with all the snow around!

Have a good one !

Fiona

You can apply for a weather visa and become an honorary Scot, if you are nice, which you obviously are!! :D :D

Is it just me or has the swirly cloud disturbance coming off Norway got enough rotation to be called a Polar Low?? Look at it!!

http://www.sat24.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Happy New year aLL.

Love that picture 0025........any chance of another update. I am not exposed to such imfo...........cray.gifcray.gif

Sure, I'll give you a view from DD1, Dundee central!post-9298-12623075216613_thumb.png

Posted

You can apply for a weather visa and become an honorary Scot, if you are nice, which you obviously are!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Is it just me or has the swirly cloud disturbance coming off Norway got enough rotation to be called a Polar Low?? Look at it!!

My whole room is swirling just now.........I am awaiting the big lump moving down the east coastcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Posted

You can apply for a weather visa and become an honorary Scot, if you are nice, which you obviously are!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Perhaps, but whatever these clouds are, they look full of snow!!!!

Perhaps, but whatever these clouds are, they look full of snow!!!!

The NE is going to get a dump bigger than King Kong's first dump of the day.

Posted

Sure, I'll give you a view from DD1, Dundee central!post-9298-12623075216613_thumb.png

You are about to get a direct hit!!

Look at the ones following just off the North coast

Posted

The NE is going to get a dump bigger than King Kong's first dump of the day.

Where did that come from Catch?? If this band tracking south across Angus is anything to go by, there may be some of that dump left over for us Fifers!

Posted

You can apply for a weather visa and become an honorary Scot, if you are nice, which you obviously are!! :D :D

First of all,HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Second of all,i can not sleep for looking at that swirly thing! it must be close to a polar low and is still developing and looks like giving some of us in geordie land a dumping in a couple of hours,as well as eastern scotland of course!

Can I propose RRR as a pretendy Scotsman?? He seems to want to be one of us with his regular posts in our thread. Just one seconder would promote him to a real pretend Scot. Anyone???

We know you want to be one of us Karl......

Sounds good to me! Could be a while before the South West Cold discussion gets going again...

Happy New Year to everyone from an exiled Aberdonian.

Oh how I wish I was in Scotland right now with all the snow around!

Have a good one !

Fiona

Blimey, 2 Wiltsh*tes (is that the term?) posting in the Scottish thread! Whatever next!?

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN