Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion Part 11

Methuselah

Posted

MrsCatch has just issued a drunko-warning for by-tor:

Copious quantities of Glayva falling down necks in the Edinburgh region may lead to drunken patches later in the evening. Please be aware of getting drunk from the feet up. You may feel fine at first but will eventually realise on your next trip to the loo that very drunk patches have formed all over your body. Motorists are advised to take care if you venture out on the street as you will be staggering all over it.

By 9am tomorrow morning fuzzy patches will have developed right across your head. Police advise not to travel further than the medicine cabinet to collect 2 paracetemol and return to bed or couch.

Further updates will not be issued as issuer will be fast asleep.

On that note, Mrs Catch is absolutely correct (did she she see the sat pics?) so it's good that everyone got their say so before it became like the rest of the threads?..

it does not matter. it will be fun no matter if you know tomorrows forecast or not!! oo oo I just realised our skies are orange..

Happy Hogmanay!!

{PS charts will still be here next year :yahoo:}

Edited by Snooz

On that note, Mrs Catch is absolutely correct (did she she see the sat pics?) so it's good that everyone got their say so before it became like the rest of the threads?..

it does not matter. it will be fun no matter if you know tomorrows forecast or not!! oo oo I just realised our skies are orange..

Happy Hogmanay!!

{PS charts will still be here next year :cold:}

'MON THE SNOW!!! :yahoo:

Still not sure what the feature moving off Norway is yet, a Polar Comma?? :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

HOLY!!!!!11

Grantown on Spey has 48cm of snow , you lucky lot :yahoo:

Two things I have noticed with this cold spell are firstly that there are quite a lot of people reporting frozen/burst pipes and secondly that every single tarmac patch on the roads has cracked wide open with the frost/wet cycle. Not too bad now but if we get a wet and windy mild spell the hydraulic action of cars passing over these cracks will just burst them open and create even more potholes.

This cold spell could prove to be very costly.

Posted
Still not sure what the feature moving off Norway is yet, a Polar Comma??

or a curly low thing?

think it's all gone the way of the pear for your PL but I wish it hadn't, I so wish it could've occured(not for me or them or whatever) but because all the ingredients were there, if you know what I mean :cold:

anyhow that's my family all bedded so I take it no parties are going on here this year :D

anyhow that's my family all bedded so I take it no parties are going on here this year :)

Our boys were in bed hours ago, BoyCatch#1 got special leave to watch the first hour of Pirates of the Caribean (sp?). Snow now for Edinburgh?? Let's hope so. Then we can have telly snow...

Analysis chart says it's a high pressure system floating off coast Norway...wtf?

http://meteocentre.com/analyse/map.php?date=0&size=standard〈=en&map=NEurope

That may well be a mass fog bank then?

Be immense if it was a snow bank :cold:

So it's a polar high?? That would really be one for the record books :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

or a curly low thing?

think it's all gone the way of the pear for your PL but I wish it hadn't, I so wish it could've occured(not for me or them or whatever) but because all the ingredients were there, if you know what I mean smile.gif

anyhow that's my family all bedded so I take it no parties are going on here this year smile.gif

Doesn't matter all that much, you're still liable to get a dumping of snow regardless of whether it's rotating or notdrinks.gif

Posted

Is there anywhere in Scotland that doesn't have lying snow at the moment?! Just looking at the cams on Traffic Scotland it seems very extensive. Can't say I'm not jealous! Up in the Highlands in particular where you'd expect it I suppose some very substantial accumulations. Congrats and happy new year! :cold:

Posted

Anyone fancy a tipple? :cold:

:D

LOL.. that's funny!

just reminded me that I got a bottle of Coffee Baileys - because I like the taste! - anyone care to join me?

Posted

Is there anywhere in Scotland that doesn't have lying snow at the moment?! Just looking at the cams on Traffic Scotland it seems very extensive. Can't say I'm not jealous! Up in the Highlands in particular where you'd expect it I suppose some very substantial accumulations. Congrats and happy new year! :cold:

I think the far west-coasters, including Outer Hebrides may have snow-free land, but not totally sure? Everywhere else appears to be white.

Posted

Happy New Year to you too..

I doubt it (the no lying snow thing) but it's possible, although we seem to have been permanently cold and all were lucky enough to have a wee dump in the last couple of weeks not all were lucky enogh to have it topped up regularly. West and inner at the start north and West in the middle, maybe east and central tonight.

If you can be bothered going through the last 10+ thread should throw up some (pretty exceptional, non bragging) photos

again.. Happy New Year!!

Anyone fancy a tipple? :cold:

:)

Funny you say this but we were on holiday in Northern Italy a few years ago and the supermarkets were selling bottles of Tennents Super as a kind of premium lager. It was quite weird to see. Jakie lager repackaged as a quality product. Even I wouldn't drink it, and that says a lot. Now, where did I put my polar comma??? :D

Posted

LOL.. that's funny!

just reminded me that I got a bottle of Coffee Baileys - because I like the taste! - anyone care to join me?

Sure! I trade my Tennents Super for your Baileys :cold:

In my area it is not snow, it is 2-3 inches of white ice. I have never seen this before.

Some very heavy snow showers going to hit NE Scotland soon:

http://www.sat24.com/

Going to start showing up on radar sometime soon :D:) :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Good choice Mondy! far better taste (I'm a McEwans gal if pressed for beer!).. what about you Catch? fancy a baileys while radar watching..

part 2 of 3 coming up but at least now everyone (here anyway) is on holidays.. talk about IMBY!! (sorry!)

Good choice Mondy! far better taste (I'm a McEwans gal if pressed for beer!).. what about you Catch? fancy a baileys while radar watching..

part 2 of 3 coming up but at least now everyone (here anyway) is on holidays.. talk about IMBY!! (sorry!)

I would love a Baileys, but am stuck on Carlsberg and then Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer for the big countdown...:D:) :) :)

Edit: MrsCatch is making a huge cheese salad roll, must be preggers cravings :D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Happy New Year Scottish Thread! and all on Netweather. "Lang may yer lums reek"

Regards,

Carole. xxx

Edited by Blitzen

Is it just me or is Jackie Bird wearing a see through dress????????

Edit: Someone is letting off firelanterns to the east of here which are floating up and away. Superb!!!!

Edited by CatchMyDrift