Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yeah as I said before there is a far higher chance it gets shifted further east then west again...so well worth watching still IMO...

Anyway I'm really interested in what the UKMO/ECM set-up for friday-Saturday, they both would give a very showery flow I have no doubt, FAR more unstable then the GFs half baked attempt at a easterly.

Posted

I hope that snow doesn't fall in south central areas... I really want it here in the south east corner :wallbash:

Posted

We could potentially see good snowfall on Tuesday evening/night when the low heads north

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yeah as I said before there is a far higher chance it gets shifted further east then west again...so well worth watching still IMO...

But Kold nobody has mentioned the Rain that was forecasted for most of the south east ( all of kent ) tomorrow , what's up with that? :wallbash:

Posted

Attention to those who think all the forecasts are dreadful.

I'm sorry but I am being ignored! BBC Look East said the snow will shift West overnight tomorrow, the graphics showed similar on BBC London and as posted a few mins ago Sky News are saying it will shift West overnight.......

Posted

Lol Nick you noticed that aswell , each forecaster is giving their own view on tomorrow and end of the week. Which isn't very good as it comes from the same source

IMO either bbc local forecasts follow the national line or they don't bother giving out such useless and innacurate info. They couldn't even bother to get the wind direction right for Friday, looking at that you'd think it would be great for a country walk, this is one of my major irritations when i used to live in the UK, each regional forecast gives a contradictory line compared to the national forecast.

My advice ignore all the regional forecasts and the media in general, you're better off in here.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Sky News Weather forecast has just said that the snow in the South Central area WILL move into London Tuesday night. Sky News weather team are very good especially with winter forecasts.

Saw this, also saw the forecasts for Wednesday...

delightful!

Posted

It's gonna be a Snow Postcode lottery.

In fact I think Kent is going to get it big style Tuesday/Wednesday.....why. because they aren't forecasting it here anymore! As scientific as that!!! LOL :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

So confused, i'm gonna wear my bermuda shorts, tshirt and sandals tomorrow and pack my umbrella and wellies just incase.

Posted

bbclondon.jpg

aggressive.gifaggressive.gif

Just about ok for my area, I live a few miles south west of Guildford blush.gif

I sense by looking at the models and the recent faxes which generally show it a bit further east that that may be where it will end up. As it is pretty sure that system will move north and east as we get in to Wednesday so most of us I think will see something...maybe a little more than that

so expect the whining to change by tomorrows forecasts

what great runs though, could well see the fabled 'snow on snow' in this spell which elevates it from great to a classic should it occur blum.gif

Posted

It's gonna be a Snow Postcode lottery.

In fact I think Kent is going to get it big style Tuesday/Wednesday.....why. because they aren't forecasting it here anymore! As scientific as that!!! LOL :whistling:

Like last night? :acute::acute: Ah well guess i can enjoy my frozen snow

Posted

Anyway I'm really interested in what the UKMO/ECM set-up for friday-Saturday, they both would give a very showery flow I have no doubt, FAR more unstable then the GFs half baked attempt at a easterly.

I totally agree with you a few mile shift East and part of the Region will be in the frame for this, not much to change its direction makes interesting radar watching imo.

Posted

21ad6xk.jpg

Raaaaaaaaaaaain! :whistling:

Posted

I'm sorry but I am being ignored! BBC Look East said the snow will shift West overnight tomorrow, the graphics showed similar on BBC London and as posted a few mins ago Sky News are saying it will shift West overnight.......

Do you mean East?

Posted

Guys keep your hopes up it's still 24 hours away.Overnight and into tommorow the winds could change bringing all of us snowfall.And the BBC are going mad

predicting rain instead of snow it's freezing.

Maybe they are looking at this??? 3 or 4 = rain I'm affraid :whistling:

ukmaxtemp.png?dopvhost=charts.netweather.tv&doppl=0ca94b6947eb74fb47bb74ab967e7ff447bb7453&dopsig=ec9b56743760810f104977e1d719cd2e

Posted

Snow is extremeley difficult to forecast, and a lot can change within 24 hours, the best scenairo IMO tomorrow would be the first band coming down from the north shifted to the East, giving a few cm's, then the low tracking in to our region tomorrow night, heading East

Posted

it will not according to all BBC national and my local forecast

Excatly thats the point how do they know the exact movement of this down to the nearest town

/area precip charts are allways 50-100 miles out in the direction they travel, this one is moving Ne-sw and it will hit the northern counties in london moving in to reading-swindon down the west country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

And the BBC South East forecaster said the LP could track East too. :whistling: