Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Channel 4 weather at 8pm just had snow over London and SE for tomorrow from lunchtime onwards plus snow in EA & SE for Thurs and Fri. just goes to show either no-one knows whats gonna happen or the BBC are, as usual, crap.

its chaos out there. no one knows what's going to happen.

i really doubt it will rain though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun
drinks.gif BBC News 24 just said snow accumulations up to 25cm for the M4 corridor with what looked like some significant snowfall for my area on wednesday....I cant keep up, it changes every 30 minutes !!! pardon.gif

Posted

Northern/Central Scotland around Aviemore is getting hammered at the moment, check out the A95 cameras: http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Give us some of that snow, god damn it!

Thanks for the link.

A question. Can snow this horizontal ever actually settle or does it just keep going forever? :wallbash:W_Au_4.jpg?ts=100104200245

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted

The precip over north-west england definitely looks more intense (and fast-moving) than the BBC forecasted. It has already moved inland, which it wasn't forecasted to do for quite a few more hours yet? Could this be a sign that the snow will be more intense and widespread than first predicted - and hence, moves further east? Let;s hope so.:wallbash:

Posted

Arrrrggggghhhh. I can't stand these forecasts on the TV. That's it TV is going off. They differ soooo much channel to channel.

Posted

Respected poster on TWO (Darren from IoS, Kent) had rain the other day when the uppers were -10 and air temps at freezing!

So yes it can rain tomorrow if the synopics are right

Posted

drinks.gif BBC News 24 just said snow accumulations up to 25cm for the M4 corridor with what looked like some significant snowfall for my area on wednesday....I cant keep up, it changes every 30 minutes !!! pardon.gif

Which parts of Herts? (What part you from?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

Oh so now we miss the event for tommorow. By the time we get to friday there won't be an event :-I getting a bit fed up that evrywhere in the Uk is getting some snow apart from the western part of our region.

It's always the way, North London barely ever sees any snow at all. In fact, London in general. What gets me annoyed is when it's forecasted for us - for once - and yet apparently we're not even allowed to talk about it, because of all the Northerners crying themselves to sleep with their pathetic inferiority complex :wallbash:

It's grim up norf

Posted

Thanks for the link.

A question. Can snow this horizontal ever actually settle or does it just keep going forever? :)W_Au_4.jpg?ts=100104200245

Haha. That's a brilliant question actually.

:wallbash:

Posted

I am confused.:wallbash: Jay Wynn on News 24 has said that all the snow will affect the midlands and the south, moving WEST not East in to Devon. And EA will get hit on Wed and Thur. Who do you believe? At this rate someone will get it right. :)

Posted

some people in here are going to top themselfs its a changing event right up to the time its gonna snow in the se just the amounts are up in the air at the mo..

Posted

there seems to be some nice rain brewing in the NW and going in a se direction ,i still say snow will start to fall tonight or early hours of the morning in the beds,bucks area ,ive said this last night aswell

Current data for Linslade

04 January 2010 20:01:51

Temperature (°C):

Current -4.1

Trend (per hour) 0

Average today -4.2

Wind chill -4.1

Humidex -7.3

Dew Point -5.0

Rel Humidity 93%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 1.6 SE

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Pressure (mb):

Current 1014.8

Trend (per hour) -0.5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

755 BBC forecast showed the similar south-central and SW areas, with a bit in the SE (but not much). Jay Wynne then showed a fairly heavy area of snow over EA and the SE on Wednesday. So all may not be lost in the next 48 hours.

Edited by danm

Posted

I am confused.:help: Jay Wynn on News 24 has said that all the snow will affect the midlands and the south, moving WEST not East in to Devon. And EA will get hit on Wed and Thur. Who do you believe? At this rate someone will get it right. :80:

Well, I am going to make one bold prediction - it will either go east or west.:help:

Posted

The precip over north-west england definitely looks more intense (and fast-moving) than the BBC forecasted. It has already moved inland, which it wasn't forecasted to do for quite a few more hours yet? Could this be a sign that the snow will be more intense and widespread than first predicted - and hence, moves further east? Let;s hope so.:help:

nick sussex said this yesterday, its coming!!!!!!!!

Posted

Jan Wynne appeared on BBC News shortly before 8pm with his take on proceedings. Now here's what I found confusing.

The last hourly frame we were shown was Wednesday 08:00 which showed the area of heavy snow beginning to decay over Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire/Hampshire and dry to the north and east. The very next frame showed the general picture for Wednesday which had a band of snow extending from Norfolk to Lincs on the northern flank spreading down through Cambs, Northants and the home counties into Oxfordshire with lighter snow showers elsewhere.

How on earth do we get from A to B? Jan did not really explain so I'm utterly lost. :help:

Posted

KW what do you make of the latest fax chart for 18hrs, this is the actual analysis chart not the forecast one. If you compare it to the actual 12hrs ukmo raw output forecast for the same time i think theres been a slight eastward shift, hard to tell and we don't know what it will do from here on in, take a look see what you think.

Posted

I am confused.doh.gif Jay Wynn on News 24 has said that all the snow will affect the midlands and the south, moving WEST not East in to Devon. And EA will get hit on Wed and Thur. Who do you believe? At this rate someone will get it right. laugh.gif

as some one else said each weather report it change on the half hour it seems they running scared and don't want to be blamed for any panic!! all i know we are bring are weekly shop ahead one day if our Julie right the east snow not coming till evening and Wednesday we in for a pounding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

UK regions: Wales South West England West Midlands London & South East EnglandHeavy SnowWed 6 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of southern England and east Wales.

There is a potential for a period of heavy snow during Wednesday morning with locally large accumulations. The location of the heavy snow is uncertain and will be kept under review.

Issued at: 1553 Mon 4 Jan

UK regions: East of England Central, Tayside & Fife Yorkshire & Humber London & South East England East Midlands SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders Grampian North East EnglandHeavy SnowThu 7 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Thursday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas.

Issued at: 1131 Mon 4 Jan

Metoffice warnings :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to how Berkshire may fair out of all this?

Thanks in advance :help:

Sarah

The further West you are in the SE region, the better. So Berkshire has a fair chance of seeing something. Although the current forecasts suggest the heaviest snow will be west of you. But that could all change come tomorrow morning.

Posted

For us in the north eastern area of east anglia, AKA Norwich, the models are pointing to the snow band not reaching as far east as first thought - is this correct? Will we be on the edge of the big one?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'm more interested in if these snow showers are coming in tuesday night , wednesday into kent ?