Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

just started to get moderate to heavy snowfall up here again.. god it would be soo cool to reach a foot of snow.. just like the winters I remember in the late 70's

Posted

Heavy snow in Halifax for last 40 minutes, now got 8cm! This is amazing, somebody please tell me what i should expect possibly for rest of day and tonight?

Many thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing here since around 10.15am... very little settling. Wet snow isn't fun. :yahoo: :lol: Anyone have any clues to when it might become more favourable along the coast?

Seem to be getting more lying snow than me Lewis, any input?

Edited by rikki

just started to get moderate to heavy snowfall up here again.. god it would be soo cool to reach a foot of snow.. just like the winters I remember in the late 70's

If anyone has a chance of the magic foot of snow - it's you! (and Pennine Ten Foot Drifts)

Moderate snow here now :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

I' not sure its stalled but there is something going on I can't yet put my finger to. Its still snowing here and judging from reports from others to the west-Dronfield and Rotherham outskirts-it should just about have done so here by now, based on those reports.

It could be that the low is actually tending to edge a bit NE of its track, although I doubt that, it is probably something to do with its frontal band winding around itself as it moves SSE. This would also partly account for the rises in temps being reported at the moment.

Just had a quick look at the radar play through and that does support the idea of the whole area winding around itslef as the whole lot tries to edge SSE.

Close inspection suggests it may be even more complex and this area, much as 06Z GFS/Extra suggested, could see snow on and off for several hours yet.

very very complex goings on in the area of the low and front at the moment.

Not that I'm complaining of course, this is some of the heaviest prolonged snowfall I've seen for a long long time, drifts are really starting to build up now.

Posted

moderate snow now again in S17 Dore totley. 4" deep and not stopped at all since 7am. The area of precip aint moving anywhere..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Constant snow since 6:15am and we've hit the 15cm/6 inch mark :(:(:clap:

It's still going too, moderate/heavy. we're under the band that just doesn't seem to be going anywhere!

post-9352-12626920420525_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Proper snow falling now in North Lincoln (I'm in the office) as the precipitation band edges over us. Just popped out to measure, John.

11:45am

Postcode area LN2

16mm lying snow on our car park.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

If anyone has a chance of the magic foot of snow - it's you! (and Pennine Ten Foot Drifts)

Moderate snow here now smile.gif

Fingers crossed.. will be out to mesure again after this latest dumping.. had nine cm's of fresh stuff since this morning and there was about four cm's laying on all grass and pavements from the last lot..

Posted

Almost stopped here.

Measured 3cms off the top of the van although the perception is greater than that. No grass to be seen on the ground etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

METO gone red for Dorset areahelp.gif

Posted

One thing i hate about snow! All youths throw snowballs @ ya window! Thought that was going to go through!

METO gone red for Dorset areahelp.gif

And Hampshire, Oxfordshire, W Berkshire as well! 40cm possible for inland areas of CS England! :mellow::shok::shok:

Still snowing moderately here!

Posted

I suppose this is why its stalled, show move very slowly south before fizzling out. smile.gif

Its being pushed from the south and North meaning it aint going antywhere fast, if im reading correctly

post-6181-12626924619325_thumb.png

Posted

Been snowing here since around 10.15am... very little settling. Wet snow isn't fun. :mellow::shok: Anyone have any clues to when it might become more favourable along the coast?

Seem to be getting more lying snow than me Lewis, any input?

i think it's because your exposed to moderation more, it's a tricky one... Tonight is looking good and tomorrow mate, it will be fine anywhere tomorrow. No marginal at all.

Best of luck mate,

I count myself very lucky, temp has rose too 2.0c with a dew point of +1.3c.

Lewis

Posted

It has nearly stopped here now, but Ive got an eye on a shower that is moving this way from the Hornsea area. Temperatures are still good though at 0.3C (max so far) with a dewpoint of -0.7C. Around a centimeter or so Id say, but its quite powdery stuff with some minor drifting up walls.

Posted

It has nearly stopped here now, but Ive got an eye on a shower that is moving this way from the Hornsea area. Temperatures are still good though at 0.3C (max so far) with a dewpoint of -0.7C. Around a centimeter or so Id say, but its quite powdery stuff with some minor drifting up walls.

You only got 1cm :S?

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Skelmanthorpe/Emley Moor, Huddersfield: Been snowing here moderately since 7am this morning, no sign of it stopping. Been out and measured and we have roughly 4.5in lying snow thats fallen since it started this morning. I was under the impression this would be stoppong round about now, but there really doesn't appear to be any let up. Not that I'm complaining - I got sent home from work 'because of it! LOL :cc_confused:

Posted

Stoped here about an hour ago.Dont no if we will get any more now?.had about 6 ins on top of car.just been out in land rover its great fun,but not happy as window screen has cracked,had puncture yestoday what next...:cc_confused: