Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

I would be very surprised if that hasn't produced thunder snow around Newcastle in the last few minutes.

Really intense shower on the radar, maybe even more so than the storm that passed SE of here earlier.

EDIT: Tyne Bridge webcam just went really fuzzy and cut off for a couple of seconds, never seen that happen before, must be lightning close by.

My lights and street lights have been jittery for the past hour, not sure whats up with them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Dave at times i thought it must rain here but it just snowed even for a time when dew point was at 0.0 ohmy.gif lol anyways outside just roofs been dripping but keeps getting topped up with snow but on ground no snow is melting at all

And atm on the floor there must 5-8cm in drifts 8-12cm

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

I used to work in Redcar and often it was too marginal, nowt new there.

Flaming typical it is Paul, I reckon come the morning most of this snow cover will be gone at this rate, oh well roll on the next cold spell :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Latest NAE has a lot of snow forecast for the NE on Thursday.

Obviously there'll be subtle changes but considering I thought we would be too far North it's nice to see there's a possibility.

Posted

Really hoping all that stuff sitting directly to the NE of me hits land and causes a bit havoc in Consett!

Posted

Really hoping all that stuff sitting directly to the NE of me hits land and causes a bit havoc in Consett!

on it's way lol.

Posted

been away last 1/2 hour playing on xbox just looked at radar looks like a biggy is heading towards newcastledrinks.gif

nothings melted outside in byker

Posted

Hmmmm, look at that percipitation over the far north east! That is un real! In some spots over 32cm per hour! Blizzard on a mammouth scale... nice band on course for newcastle... think i might just miss out, but keepin fingers crossed i might just catch the edge of the band!my location highlighted!

Please move 20 miles south!

post-4252-12627343837852_thumb.png

SM06

Posted

Fellow Newcastle-onliner?

Posted

Dave at times i thought it must rain here but it just snowed even for a time when dew point was at 0.0 ohmy.gif lol anyways outside just roofs been dripping but keeps getting topped up with snow but on ground no snow is melting at all

And atm on the floor there must 5-8cm in drifts 8-12cm

yer your right snowman, not much snow is shifting from the ground, alot of the roof tops are now returning and patches of grass, the problem I've got is its not snowing to top it up and when we do get showers there now rain showers lol

Posted

Haha, nah it's Fenham Mag

Got ya fella. Sorry mate I just saw that Pilko had been mentioning Netweather earlier and assumed you were him. You been a member on here long like?

(Just realised it's got your exact join date on your avatar :yahoo:)

Edited by davyf

Posted

Got ya fella. Sorry mate I just saw that Pilko had been mentioning Netweather earlier and assumed you were him. You been a member on here long like?

Yeh since sept 07.

Posted

(Just realised it's got your exact join date on your avatar :yahoo:)

tells ya on his log in lol.

Posted

Hmmmm, look at that percipitation over the far north east! That is un real! In some spots over 32cm per hour! Blizzard on a mammouth scale... nice band on course for newcastle... think i might just miss out, but keepin fingers crossed i might just catch the edge of the band!my location highlighted!

Please move 20 miles south!

post-4252-12627343837852_thumb.png

SM06

I take it that's what the scale on the right represents then Snowman? cm per hour?

Posted

Good steady snowfall here now (Ryton, T and W ). No wind, it's falling vertically, good sized flakes.

Looks like we may have a bit of a streamer forming, due to run straight up the Tyne Valley !

Bring it on.

Karl

Posted

I take it that's what the scale on the right represents then Snowman? cm per hour?

well its mm per hour for rain, which converts directly to centimeters per hour for snow...

1mm of rain=1cm of snow

obviously they arent guna get 32 cm out of that shower because its intensity at that period is only guna last 5 minutes for the lucky few, but even in that time they could get 3cm.... pretty impressive for a 5 minute job!

SM06