Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Some massive CB's to my east but look to be heading south of me.

Yeah, right over where I am, S. Shields, graupel so far !

Ohhh pppllleeeaaassseeee lets have another night like last night

Posted

Sorry GS i beg to differ, NW5 min radar says otherwise... Showers are definately intensifying just off the coast we now have a heavy graupel/hail shower and there's a monster about 5-10 mile coming straight for Tyneside..

Yep, i seen the shower you were under just went to the east of me by a couple of miles. Starting to snow lightly now and we might just get a snow shower here soon but i can see breaks in the clouds however so far, they are not heading my way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Yeah, right over where I am, S. Shields, graupel so far !

Ohhh pppllleeeaaassseeee lets have another night like last night

I suspect that there could be 1-3cm tonight, but N Northumberland should get 10cm or more again and places to the south such as Teesside might get nothing. I highly doubt I can manage another day off school :whistling:

Posted

I suspect that there could be 1-3cm tonight, but N Northumberland should get 10cm or more again and places to the south such as Teesside might get nothing. I highly doubt I can manage another day off school :blink:

Lol, my 6 yr old son has been told that school is closed until Monday. Have the school authorities got access to models/info that we haven't ?

Posted

Lol, my 6 yr old son has been told that school is closed until Monday. Have the school authorities got access to models/info that we haven't ?

Well this snow isn't going to melt soon, and at my school it is closed because of dangerous conditions on site, but I'm sure there must be another reason or they could just grit the car park as they had done in the last couple of days. The heating was playing up yesterday but I don't think that's the reason as they got it fixed. If it is for the snow lying on site there could be another snow day or two :blink:

Edited by alza

Posted

It will be more to with safety issues regarding the frozen paths etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Well here in Gateshead there has been a huge amount of snow recently. Lots of snow before Christmas that lay for around 10 days then the New Years evening snowfall with intermittent top ups and then a big snowfall last night. Certainly the most snow in recent times. I'd say theres at least 1ft+ in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

They're probably going off the Met Office advisories for frequent and heavy snow showers until Saturday.

Only a light flurry so far this afternoon in Consett, but looks like we could catch something soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I had school today. :( anyways been a nice few snow showers today but its the ball type snow how much more coming ? :whistling:

Posted

The radar doesn't look too bad again now, that heavy snow which has given N Northumberland an additional 4-6 inches this afternoon is starting to edge south. As it was stationary earlier on and it isn't now I don't think places further south will get as much as there was up there, but there could be an inch or two this evening. The further south you go the worse chance you have for snowfall. Btw a small shower should hit Newcastle in the next half hour or so, but it won't be significant.

Posted

We have only had one shower today and that was am,very cold and clear at present-temperature -3c. I have no doubt there is quite a lot more to come.

Posted

Yep, i seen the shower you were under just went to the east of me by a couple of miles. Starting to snow lightly now and we might just get a snow shower here soon but i can see breaks in the clouds however so far, they are not heading my way.

I'm just going to catch the edge of that shower by the looks of it.

That heavier band to the north is edging south.

btw,the latest 12z models have upgraded ppn for us over the next 3 days.

Posted

moderate snow in byker for last 10/15mins been dry since this morning, mostly sunny, however hardly any snowmelt, bbc news weather forecast stated that some parts of the north east could get another 10 to 15cms tonight.

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow for the past half hour here in Gateshead.

Posted

Some more photos from around Consett. Some monster icicles hanging along Medomsley Road. The photo of the wagon stranded along The Prom was taken about an hour ago so chances are he's still there. Damn stupid attempting it in the first place though.

(Sorry for not knowing how to thumbnail them)

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Posted

Moderate/heavy hail around here but now has stopped, nice orange skies to the north so maybe more on the way?

I'm hoping for some snowflakes because despite that last shower being quite lengthy, it did not had many snowflakes being mixed in, nonetheless, whether its hail or snow, its all adding to the covering of snow we have now. :air_kiss:

Posted

I noticed them ones on Medomsley Rd the other day, utter beasts :air_kiss:

kieth watch the back street when you come home.cars are bottoming out on the ice between the tracks.it's lethal

Posted

i am suprised to see a very narrow band of precipitation which hasnt missed newcastle.

Extreamly small hail/snow at the moment, it almonst looks fake. Quite heavy, given all surface a fresh whitenes.

note sure how lon it will last.

Posted

It has been snowing heavily here in Gateshead for the past hour. I would say there must be at least another inch on top of the existing cover.

This has been a great few weeks of cold weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

sky has gone all pink here now snow must be coming again! :D