Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

kieth watch the back street when you come home.cars are bottoming out on the ice between the tracks.it's lethal

Got the bosses Discovery mate, sacked the car off on Saturday but even the 4x4 is starting to struggle now in our street :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Heavy snow now with a wind making it look like blizzard conditions although i don't think in true meaning of the word, we are there yet.

Anyways, hope this lasts a little while. biggrin.gif

Will this band hit teeside?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Snow just starting here.

I've just been out measuring in the garden and measured 12in (1ft) on a flat garage roof.

Getting heavier now.

Posted

Will this band hit teeside?

It might fizzle out by the time it reaches you but just watch the radar and see what happens. :D

And yup, Izi, very heavy thick snow, i assume this what happened last night aswell. :unsure:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Several cm's in the space of 15 mins, that was quite a shower and as was forecast (slightly sooner) the showers are starting to gather perhaps giving some longer spells.

Posted

It might fizzle out by the time it reaches you but just watch the radar and see what happens. smile.gif

And yup, Izi, very heavy thick snow, i assume this what happened last night aswell. biggrin.gif

Im rubbish at looking at the radar lol every 15mins update can yu tell me if its keeping the intensity and heading south? Please :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just to reiterate what others have been saying there has just been an extremely heavy snow shower in Newcastle, I can see a road from my house which was completely clear earlier, but now cars are struggling to get up it.

Posted

Stopping here now as i can see clearer skies, still not too bad whilst it lasted, really surprised how quick it has reduced intensity.

And Snowstorm1, as i say, keep looking at the radar as showers can just pop out of no-where but it does look like the whole lot is starting to fizzle out now but who knows, some surprises might occur.

Posted

chucking it down in byker, I watched last nights snow happen after midnight, quite similar to whats happening now, snow is forecast everyday 4 ne england until at least saturday!

Posted

its stopped here now, but that finger of ppn stretches a few hundred miles. i think as it hits land it will fizzle like others have been doing so. I just keep my fingers crossed for it to hit newcastle as whilst we have had a decent snowfall now (about three inches) only 10 miles out there has been 18inches. I'd be happy with 6inches! :shok:

come on snow gods, deliver the goods purrrleasse!

EDIT: north northumberland looks like its going to get at least 6-10inches from this.

Edited by izi

Posted

Heavy snow now with a wind making it look like blizzard conditions although i don't think in true meaning of the word, we are there yet.

Anyways, hope this lasts a little while. :shok:

MetO 30mph winds moderate/heavy snow 200metre visibility

NWS (USA) 35mph 3hr continuous blowing snow 400 metre visibility.

Canada has less strict criteria when it comes to a blizzard as far as wind speed 25mph and visibility 150 metres, but windchill temps must be at least -25°C and sustained for 3hrs or more.

Posted

MetO 30mph winds moderate/heavy snow 200metre visibility

NWS (USA) 35mph 3hr continuous blowing snow 400 metre visibility.

Canada has less strict criteria when it comes to a blizzard as far as wind speed 25mph and visibility 150 metres, but windchill temps must be at least -25°C and sustained for 3hrs or more.

that last snow shower here i reported being heavy reduced visbility to 200m, but the wind wasnt that strong. it dumped 2cm in about 10-15 min!

Posted

that last snow shower here i reported being heavy reduced visbility to 200m, but the wind wasnt that strong. it dumped 2cm in about 10-15 min!

Not a blizzard then, still glad to see your getting some really heavy showers, and its looks on the radar as if they will penetrate a long way inland.

Posted

Not a blizzard then, still glad to see your getting some really heavy showers, and its looks on the radar as if they will penetrate a long way inland.

no, and i'm glad - i was walking home! blizzards are awfull, i'd much prefer to see steady falling snow than sideways snow. looks like its clouding over again in newcastle.

what does the radar say folks? raintoday is down for me, neone else?

Posted

its stopped here now, but that finger of ppn stretches a few hundred miles. i think as it hits land it will fizzle like others have been doing so. I just keep my fingers crossed for it to hit newcastle as whilst we have had a decent snowfall now (about three inches) only 10 miles out there has been 18inches. I'd be happy with 6inches! :wallbash:

come on snow gods, deliver the goods purrrleasse!

EDIT: north northumberland looks like its going to get at least 6-10inches from this.

I presume you mean 3 inches of fresh snow today? 5-8 inches here, 6 inches on most surfaces.

Posted

Light snow here but there are plenty of brokenclouds

yes sadly alza i was :D

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

no, and i'm glad - i was walking home! blizzards are awfull, i'd much prefer to see steady falling snow than sideways snow. looks like its clouding over again in newcastle.

what does the radar say folks? raintoday is down for me, neone else?

Looking at the radar the very heavy snow across Northumberland is about to sink south over us, I can see a few inches falling from this.

Hannah Bayman just said -20°C in the NE on Friday night! rofl.gif

EDIT: Rain today not quite as good, METO radar looks better but I suspect R.T. will be closest as you can zoom in on it. I can still see a couple of inches falling though judging on the intensity of that last shower.

Light snow here but there are plenty of brokenclouds

Did you say you were at school today?

Edited by alza

Posted

Looking at the radar the very heavy snow across Northumberland is about to sink south over us, I can see a few inches falling from this.

Hannah Bayman just said -20°C in the NE on Friday night! rofl.gif

EDIT: Rain today not quite as good, METO radar looks better but I suspect R.T. will be closest as you can zoom in on it. I can still see a couple of inches falling though judging on the intensity of that last shower.

Did you say you were at school today?

hanna bayman? who she?

i'd be happy with a couple more inches. I just been outside i'd say there were about 5 inches fallen from this current snow session.

snow shower starting up again!