Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

am i the only one see the radar this way - it looks like its getting smaller and fizzling out. i dont see this intensifing people are talking about. it also looks like its largly stalled in the north

Yeah i am seeing that aswell and i think our chances of further snow will be IF either the trough heads further eastwards as the low clears or if PPN starts to develop on its eastern flank. I think the latter is most likely to happen in this case.

I'll be surprised if the former occurs seeing as the low won't be going anywhere fast but we have to wait and see.

It is snowing here but its quite light in all honesty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

This is quite frustrating i can see from my window plenty of snow clouds but there taking an age to arrive! lol

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

still got at least 12"of compacted ice/snow here,the roads are lethal.

i want to join the 12 inch club.

no innuendos please :)

edit: that weird hail which looks like rain is back.

Edited by izi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

i want to join the 12 inch club.

no innuendos please :)

edit: that weird hail which looks like rain is back.

Still snowflakes here, it will probably turn to hail soon though since you've got it now.

Posted

now turned to snow. moderate small/medium flakes.

edit: looking out to the north it looks like darkness from the snow, however its stopped/stopping here i can see about 1 mile away its tipping it down

Edited by izi

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yeah i am seeing that aswell and i think our chances of further snow will be IF either the trough heads further eastwards as the low clears or if PPN starts to develop on its eastern flank. I think the latter is most likely to happen in this case.

I'll be surprised if the former occurs seeing as the low won't be going anywhere fast but we have to wait and see.

It is snowing here but its quite light in all honesty.

UKMO fax charts show this trough to move further north (not far in 24hrs though only as far as North Northumberland around Berwick) as the cut off low coming out of the Netherlands is heading west towards Norfolk. I would'nt 'give up the ghost' just yet as troughs can reinvigorate really quickly especially if the environment suits..

Anyway makes great weather watching....

Posted

UKMO fax charts show this trough to move further north (not far in 24hrs though only as far as North Northumberland around Berwick) as the cut off low coming out of the Netherlands is heading west towards Norfolk. I would'nt 'give up the ghost' just yet as troughs can reinvigorate really quickly especially if the environment suits..

Anyway makes great weather watching....

Certainly not giving up by any means but i don't think the trough will be making any further eastwards and would probably just fizzle out from hear on in.

As i say though, if the eastern edge of the PPN pep up, then things may get interesting.

Posted

a few pics

Bloodee 'ell best get that off incase it demolishes ya prized leeks, great photos BTW.

Peter i dont mean to pry but are you into some wierd sado-masochistic activities in ya greenhouse for all your voyeur neighbours...:good:

Posted

Certainly not giving up by any means but i don't think the trough will be making any further eastwards and would probably just fizzle out from hear on in.

As i say though, if the eastern edge of the PPN pep up, then things may get interesting.

obviously location matters,but it's already very interesting up here.

Bloodee 'ell best get that off incase it demolishes ya prized leeks, great photos BTW.

Peter i dont mean to pry but are you into some wierd sado-masochistic activities in ya greenhouse for all your voyeur neighbours...:good:

the chair lol.

Posted

Looking closely at the latest infa-red images there seems to be something trying to initiate on the eastern flank, miniscule at the moment be definately something going on, think i'll nip to the shop and see how things have progressed when i get back... its like waiting for the kettle to boil this snow watch malarkey...

I'll check outside too especially snow depths as that last heavy shower dropped a fair bit, but i think 15cm at cleadon (accumulated snow) might be correct.

Posted

the chair lol.

Looks like an electric chair!:)

Heavy snow here again.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

The orange cloud is teasing me now! lol its moving closer to me now though....

Posted

Definitely more prolonged snow now, its been snowing lightly for over an hour now with some pretty impressive heavy snow showers mixed in.

I think the heaviest snow will stay to the north again though, 4-8 inches could fall on Northumberland again. An inch or so here.

Edited by alza

Posted

Definitely more prolonged snow now, its been snowing lightly for over an hour now with some pretty impressive heavy snow showers mixed in.

I think the heaviest snow will stay to the north though, 4-8 inches could fall on Northumberland again. An inch or so here.

its just started again here, its so weird how the weather changes between you and me being but a mile apart.

the ppn is falling apart this may be our last shower for now so make the most of it!

Edited by izi

Posted

davey put ya location in mate.otherwise nobody knows where you are talking about lol.

Jesus, my own brother doesn't know where I live lol.

Posted

its just started again here, its so weird how the weather changes between you and me being but a mile apart.

the infamous microclimate strikes again lol.

Posted

Yeah these showery situations are quite amazing, I wouldn't have though that after days of showers the snow depths would be so unfairly spread out with some places such as Teesside just getting away with a half-hearted covering, whilst parts of Northumberland have 1-2 feet! Even in Tyneside the various depths being reported are amazingly different, but I think this is due to the fact that a couple of inches could quite easily fall from a very localised shower whilst somewhere down the road gets nowt.

Edited by alza

Posted

Yeah these showery situations are quite amazing, I wouldn't have though that after days of showers the snow depths would be so unfairly spread out with some places such as Teesside just getting away with a half-hearted covering, whilst parts of Northumberland have 1-2 feet! Even in Tyneside the various depths being reported are amazingly different, but I think this is due to the fact that a couple of inches could quite easily fall from a very localised shower.

yeah thats exactly it, different intensities. however those higher up will always have higher intensity (normally) so it makes sense that northumberland has had a bit more being generally more elevated.

a very pretty shower. light winds and quite heavy - orange skys and great lamppost watching

Edited by izi