Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Unlike yesterday evening and this morning, the showers peppering the NE at the moment don't look like heading this way, they all seem to be dying as they penetrate further inland - not sure for the reason, is it the wind direction.. watching all the showers to the east of the Pennines is quite frustrating, but I suppose it makes a change from seeing all the showers usually of rain not making it over the Pennines from our neck of the woods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Looks like that line of showers may catch me, I just missed the last blob.

Tomorrow will be interesting but I suspect we'll all be too far North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Got woken up this morning by some lightning flashes in the early hours, quite bright ones; I think one was around 6.45 this morning, perhaps earlier or later. During the day had some snow showers, mainly light from fragmented clouds; still noting much to speak of so far. I can currently see a bright orange cloud to the north of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

That line of ppn heading onto the coast east of Newcastle has started developing more further back out to sea. If it keeps developing it could be a decent streamer for someone, one to watch.

Struggling to keep my eyes open here, really tiring this weather.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

That line of ppn heading onto the coast east of Newcastle has started developing more further back out to sea. If it keeps developing it could be a decent streamer for someone, one to watch.

Struggling to keep my eyes open here, really tiring this weather.

Was just about to comment on that said 'streamer' just starting to feel its presence here just asked my daughter if its still snowing? Yes a steady flurry was her reply...:good: i think Blyth Ashington are in the firing-line seems like its gonna miss Tyne & Wear for the 2nd time tonight, or well had quite an impressive shower earlier.

I'm struggling to keep awake, should turn off the central heating and pretend i'm back in the 70's..!! Dont think my daughter will be to impressed though..!!

Edited by NL

Posted

Was just about to comment on that said 'streamer' just starting to feel its presence here just asked my daughter if its still snowing? Yes a steady flurry was her reply...:lol: i think Blyth Ashington are in the firing-line seems like its gonna miss Tyne & Wear for the 2nd time tonight, or well had quite an impressive shower earlier.

I'm struggling to keep awake, should turn off the central heating and pretend i'm back in the 70's..!! Dont think my daughter will be to impressed though..!!

we are having more slight hail and light snow showers here, is there anymore prolonged snowfall due for teesside tonight?

Posted

Hard one to call at the moment as the track of that low in the north sea isnt completely nailed but it looks like it will be curling down the east coast south of the Humber but snow showers will come in off the North sea just gonna have to nowcast and radar watch. Can't even say if its gonna be a hit and miss affair, met office go for frequent heavy and possible prolonged snow but thats what they said for today and i can recall about 5-6 showers of which 3 where decent and one of those was pretty impressive lay down several centimetres in around 15mins...

Posted

Hard one to call at the moment as the track of that low in the north sea isnt completely nailed but it looks like it will be curling down the east coast south of the Humber but snow showers will come in off the North sea just gonna have to nowcast and radar watch. Can't even say if its gonna be a hit and miss affair, met office go for frequent heavy and possible prolonged snow but thats what they said for today and i can recall about 5-6 showers of which 3 where decent and one of those was pretty impressive lay down several centimetres in around 15mins...

we seen a fair few hail showers today which has added a cm or 2 lol but wouldn't mind seeing some prolonged spells of snow

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

morning guys and gals

just been out and i have measured 6 inches of snow on top of the car, and 8 inches on the ground,

Another morning where i have to get a taxi to work , cannot get the car out of the drive again

2 nd day running, Temperature down to -3.94c at the moment did drop to -4.0c

Another day at the office pushing cars out of the car parks looms , Grrrr, yesterday was a nightmare

cars stuck , roads closed, Grrrrrr

Posted

Well, I don't have to worry about digging my car out at the airport on Friday. My flight back tomorrow has been cancelled, I guess Heathrow is FUBAR. Earliest return I can get is Monday for Tues arrival! Looks like I might just have missed all the fun.

StormChaser, do you know what the roads around Great Park (where the Sage offices are) look like?

Posted

Well, I don't have to worry about digging my car out at the airport on Friday. My flight back tomorrow has been cancelled, I guess Heathrow is FUBAR. Earliest return I can get is Monday for Tues arrival! Looks like I might just have missed all the fun.

StormChaser, do you know what the roads around Great Park (where the Sage offices are) look like?

hi from a bone chilling suffolk just to say itscold.gifcold.gif cold here!!!

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/gfs/precipitations/81h.htm

still no change to at least next wednesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Am i going to see any snow today? and no snow fell overnight here :blink:

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Another night of heavy snow from about tea time till midnight. Dumped about 6 inches on top of what we already had. ill have a walk and take some pics later.

Measuring 22 inches in garden and temp of -8.3 at 7am today.

More on the way?

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

Wow!

-4.3 here. A really annoying night, because we had no showers but enough bits of cloud to keep the temperature up. I hate that sort of no mans land where it cannot decide whether it wants to be snowy or cold and clear.

Posted

Just spoke to my cousin from Alwinton near Rothbury and there is 3foot2 inches of snow everywhere!

Posted

Cannot beat Osborne's low but it is at present -8c here only a mile from the airport,we had one heavy shower here at around 10 pm but since its been dry.

Posted

BBC still think snow showers is going to affect the region but i am struggling too see at the moment that any snow showers will affect us.

GFS has us drier and i think that will be closer to the mark. Hopefully the UKMO will be right and we get further snow showers which will be slow moving due to the airflow being so slack.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Bright and sunny this morning, about -4°C. School shut for the second day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I would love to see some photos of Northumberland. We have a foot here but I would love to see pics of 2-3ft.

Can't see much potential here today, but i'll be checking the radar anyway. Weekend sarting to look a little better for a few more showers.

Posted

To be fair, since my last post, the 06Z GFS run has slightly upgraded the PPN for us, so perhaps some snow showers for us this afternoon/evening time?

I suppose it is a case of just watching the radar.