Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Jesus, my own brother doesn't know where I live lol.

Also just realised you don't know how to spell my name haha.

Edited by davyf

Posted

well at least you answered lol.happy days snow galore here.

Aye it's a whiteout here. Telf's just texted to say the main road at No.1 roundabout is completely covered ad no cars running. Happy days.

Another nice chunk just making its way through Newcastle now as well :unknw:

The 14" depth I measured on top of the bin before is now up around 15". Not bad going for just over an hour.

Edited by davyf

Posted

moderate to heavy snow now in byker, this evening has been a bit of a pleasent suprise so far

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yeah these showery situations are quite amazing, I wouldn't have though that after days of showers the snow depths would be so unfairly spread out with some places such as Teesside just getting away with a half-hearted covering, whilst parts of Northumberland have 1-2 feet! Even in Tyneside the various depths being reported are amazingly different, but I think this is due to the fact that a couple of inches could quite easily fall from a very localised shower whilst somewhere down the road gets nowt.

My mate lives 5 mile north of Alnwick and when i spoke to him late yesterday afternoon he said they'd had 14" and thats before the onslaught they had last night, he said yesterday that he was snowed in. I'll ring him later see if he can get some photos.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Send the snow to teeside and we have a good covering but i want more! only have a general 8-10cm on ground and 10-12cm drifts but nothing has fallen this evening though :(

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

Send the snow to teeside and we have a good covering but i want more!

Im going around threads and thats greedy :( Ive only got 4cm, hoping for a lot more by the end of the weekend

Posted

My mate lives 5 mile north of Alnwick and when i spoke to him late yesterday afternoon he said they'd had 14" and thats before the onslaught they had last night, he said yesterday that he was snowed in. I'll ring him later see if he can get some photos.

that'd be interesting to know. spoke to my parents today who said they have about 18inches 170m ASL 20 miles west of newcastle

Posted

Just drove home from work and the place is an ice rink at the moment, tomorrow morning ain't gonna be pretty! Aside from the shower Paul Tall mentioned earlier, we haven't had anything else. By the looks of things, that's our lot for tonight anyway :(.

Posted

Just drove home from work and the place is an ice rink at the moment, tomorrow morning ain't gonna be pretty! Aside from the shower Paul Tall mentioned earlier, we haven't had anything else. By the looks of things, that's our lot for tonight anyway :drinks:.

Is there much snow down at Darlo Craig? I work in Newton Aycliffe and am hoping I'm having a snow day tomorrow.

Posted

Send the snow to teeside and we have a good covering but i want more!

If you think its bad waiting for the snow i'm literally a few miles away from those shower clouds that presently giving Newcastle and North Tyneside a further covering so close that snowflakes that have been blown by the wind are passing my window, i guess my predication for the snow was a bit off the mark, i said Peterlee... seems after that earlier heavy shower that the showers would not go any further than Tynemouth... Anyway plenty of cold days to come and snow, will feel particularily cold in the strong winds to come over the weekend.

Posted

If you think its bad waiting for the snow i'm literally a few miles away from those shower clouds that presently giving Newcastle and North Tyneside a further covering so close that snowflakes that have been blown by the wind are passing my window, i guess my predication for the snow was a bit off the mark, i said Peterlee... seems after that earlier heavy shower that the showers would not go any further than Tynemouth... Anyway plenty of cold days to come and snow, will feel particularily cold in the strong winds to come over the weekend.

you can have this lot.i'm getting sick of it now.

Posted

Not sure about Newton Aycliffe but i would imagine things would be more than easily passable I'm afraid. The roads have a covering from that last shower and added to the slush on them freezing up they're a tad nasty at the moment. That said, the gritters seem to be out clearing at the moment so can't imagine anything too bad tomorrow since further showers seem unlikely.

Posted

Very heavy snow ATM,if this keeps up i'll need to invest in a snowmobile lol

I want one of these.:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Am i going to see ANY snow tonight?

Posted

I want one of these.:drinks:

i want i want i want!!

snow stopped here and clearer sky.

looks like my parents are getting a pasting 20 miles west.

Posted

Not sure about Newton Aycliffe but i would imagine things would be more than easily passable I'm afraid. The roads have a covering from that last shower and added to the slush on them freezing up they're a tad nasty at the moment. That said, the gritters seem to be out clearing at the moment so can't imagine anything too bad tomorrow since further showers seem unlikely.

Tbh I'll not be going in anyway as I can't even get the car out of my street. It's just that it would be more convincing to the boss if it was bad down there as well. Cheers though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Light snow here, just catching the edge of the shower.

It seems my initial thoughts were right about the ppn not coming South enough tonight.

Posted

you can have this lot.i'm getting sick of it now.

No need its snowing here... i just want to see it deep for that nostalgic trip when i was a kid in the 70's and early 80's.. then i dont care if i dont see it for the rest of my life.....

Posted

No need its snowing here... i just want to see it deep for that nostalgic trip when i was a kid in the 70's and early 80's.. then i dont care if i dont see it for the rest of my life.....

good luck lol.