Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

A few bits of stuff blowing about here tonight not really expecting anything at all so if any turns up it'll be a pleasant surprise but quite saddened the way things turned out for somewhere that was supposed to take the brunt of it originally, still we'll see what happens

Posted

This is my opinion:

North EA (Norfolk, Cambs, Peterborough, Maybe Suffolk) 2-7cm

South EA and London 1-4cm

Of course locally there could be more than this

well julie on lookeast said a mim of 2 inches to-night

Posted

This evenings snow added a further 5 cm, giving a total of 14cm lying snow. Quite impressive and more than I would have expected this time yesterday.

MM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Snow Risk for the next 5 days in Tonbridge var addthis_pub="pmnetweather"; var addthis_brand = "Netweather.tv";sm-share-en.gif TodayTomorrowFri 08/01Sat 09/01Sun 10/0192%

5.png100%

5.png92%

5.png100%

5.png87%

5.pngSnow Risk for the next 5 days in London var addthis_pub="pmnetweather"; var addthis_brand = "Netweather.tv";sm-share-en.gif TodayTomorrowFri 08/01Sat 09/01Sun 10/01100%

5.png100%

5.png100%

5.png100%

5.png87%

5.png

Looking good for around the southeast over the next few days :good:

Posted

well julie on lookeast said a mim of 2 inches to-night

Yes but shower activity in North Norfolk especially could give good coverings. It will be a case of radar watching tomorrow

Posted

Where is the best place to find your asl for where you live, I thought Burgess Hill was 167 m but now just seen a site which says 44m ??

Posted

Where is the best place to find your asl for where you live, I thought Burgess Hill was 167 m but now just seen a site which says 44m ??

this is a good site i use http://www.earthtools.org/

Posted

Has almost stopped here in Manston now, but we've had just over 2" according to the ruler!

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

Edited by SlimJ

Posted

Very Heavy snow starting in Dover now... I wonder if it will get heavier still? Can barely see across the street.

Posted

Very nice. But being picky, not another channel low that misses us?

It is a great Outlook for SE Essex Mate

Just for us a brief Forecast on what should/could happen

Tomorrow :- General Area of Snow heading towards us from 15-19z Might give us 4-5cm Max

Thurs Night :- Could get some Convective Showers from the North Sea which if we hit a good un will give rapid accumulations, obviously would not want to give totals in case we miss the showers but a Decent Thundersnow Shower could dump a few Inches in an hour

Fri Day:- Sunshine and Convective Showers most of the day

Late Sat into Sun:- Low Pressure comes up from the South and South East and a General Area of Snow - As this is still T72 Snow amounts hard to say still but again some places will hit the 20cm Jackpot, but will not know until Fri Night or during Sat which areas look best

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Hi LS.

PJB is THE man. Been a member of ukww since 2004. He's a met O man. knows his stuff

Jan

Yep he is indeed very good, also very levelled, which whilst some of us here are, some of us sometimes lose our heads in snow spells (I include myself in that hehe!)

Anyway Sat-Sun is a long way away but its a hugely different set-up...

An upper low will help spread instablity in from France and with winds coming from the E/ENE obviously its going to have to spread over the SE+EA first, indeed there will probably be general instablity anyway in this part of the world but the upper low helps to spread in the instablity.

One point though, the models are utterly useless with upper features, soooo many times have I seen them wreck tropical cyclone forecasts, and these are the people who are the global experts on such things!

Posted

Google earth is normally pretty good.

I just check out the elevation lines on an OS map and work it out from them. Very precise.

streetmap.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Google Earth it gives Elevation abv/ below sea level anywhere in the world clearly.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Every good performance needs a grand finale. And we are certainly getting that! Close to 8 inches now.