Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

snow just finnished here.

Posted

It's amazing what difference a few miles makes. In Trowse (3 miles South of Norwich city centre) we have 2 - 3cm easily.

You should try Whitlingham lane! Drove down there this evening as traffic news said road from A47 was gridlocked

I've noticed no local trains coming through tonight only the electric intercity's

Although the snow was nearly 12 hours ago, the roads around Norwich stn and carrow road are unbelievably poor

I remember a bloke on TV about 15 December saying Norfolk would have no problems running out of salt. He was right, they don't use any!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Bitterly cold for a couple of days but heavy snow for all SE corner Sat Sun. Expect near time upgrades on this...substantial falls to come.

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

that is one hell of a pretty gfx radar site i have ever seen ,excellent

Agreed. It's in my special satellite folder. Can't see a way to zoom though.

Posted

Bitterly cold for a couple of days but heavy snow for all SE corner Sat Sun. Expect near time upgrades on this...substantial falls to come.

BFTP

and EA?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

from TWO : nsrobins

Cut-off low - EA and SE England - Thurs 7th/Fri 8th

The next potential snow-giver needs careful watching as it moves WSW then SW across EA and the southeast tomorrow afternoon and into Friday. The NAE (modelled ppn well over the last 24hrs IMO) brings quite potent showery snow into Norfolk and N Suffolk by early afternoon then develops this into an area of moderate snowfall which moves southwest in a line Norwich to Southampton. The intensity decays as the low relaxes. MetO Invent model maintains it's integrity and threatens SE areas with fairly substantial snowfall Thursday night.

I have a feeling that this feature will be upgraded by the morning as all the ingredients are there.

The next 'event' is the potential 'supersnow' on Sunday but conditions may be marginal for this one so keep tuned

Posted

About 2 inches here in Dover and still snowing

3" between sandwich and deal, stopped now

Posted

just to note..anyone wanting snow in east norfolk and east suffolk,looks like have to travel well inland,as today was driving alone the coast and what little they did have soon thawed as the wind picked up..yes we are due a little more snow,but i wish people stop saying this area is going to see loads as it wont happen as the sea is warmer then the land..only time that these areas see "LOADS" of snow, is n the winds come from the straight from the artic.With 2weeks of this cold weather to come we are yet again most likely to miss out..rant over lol

Wow

I think you need to put that arguement to areas around the Great Lakes and Buffalo etc in US

The Lakes tend to be nearly 15-20c warmer than the surrounding Temps on Land and the Lake effect snow they get they need to measure in Feet and Not Inches.

Some of the best Spells for Norfolk have come from Convective Snowstorms from the North Sea, the problem we have atm is we have not seen a truly strong feed yet!

Paul S

Posted

I'm back in Norwich this weekend (UEA) and am initially concerned about the long journey, but also oddly at the same time am concerned about missing all the heavy snow due across Kent on Saturday where Norfolk stays dry.

Posted

post-10736-12628123312752_thumb.jpgpost-10736-12628122923152_thumb.jpgpost-10736-12628121504652_thumb.jpg

linslade ,leighton buzzard tonght

Edited by simon65

Posted

I think, looking at the radar, mor on the way for East kent in the next few hours... theres a large shower making a b-line for us!

Posted

Jay wynne on BBC 24 just said when asked how long this cold spell is going to go on for.....Quote I don't have enough fingers on my hands unquote. :drinks:

Blimey! As much as I'm loving this cold spell and the snow, I hope it's all gone away by the end of the month or I might not be able to go on holiday :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

I think, looking at the radar, mor on the way for East kent in the next few hours... theres a large shower making a b-line for us!

YES YES YES i hope so FINGERS CROSSED!!!

just started here again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

can anyone tell me the forecast for north kent over the next couple of days please.

working in east kent saturday. doing deliveries

Posted

Just see kids rolling two very large snowballs up the street... so big there was about 8 kids... Looks like they're making a snowman on the roundabout near my house but we shall see.

Posted

Agreed. It's in my special satellite folder. Can't see a way to zoom though.

Awesome site.

What is that developing off the coast of Denmark/Netherlands?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Awesome site.

What is that developing off the coast of Denmark/Netherlands?

I'll repeat myself , it's a low pressure system developed in cold air... This low pressure is due to hit EA and SE Tomorrow

Posted

just to note..anyone wanting snow in east norfolk and east suffolk,looks like have to travel well inland,as today was driving alone the coast and what little they did have soon thawed as the wind picked up..yes we are due a little more snow,but i wish people stop saying this area is going to see loads as it wont happen as the sea is warmer then the land..only time that these areas see "LOADS" of snow, is n the winds come from the straight from the artic.With 2weeks of this cold weather to come we are yet again most likely to miss out..rant over lol

Care to explain what happened with the beast from the east in 87 then? The reason that we are getting the snow over the coming days is because the sea is warm, with cold air travelling over it causing convection. Granted, areas close to the coast will never do that well, but you don't have to move too far in land. I lived 6 miles from the coast in 87, and we got absolutely dumped on, cut off for 2 weeks. Not sure we have had loads of snow during this current remarkable winter, but had 4 inches before Christmas, plus it has snowed all but 2 days of the last 7. Northerlies as far as I can remember are rarely that good for Norfolk.