Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

with laying snow and skies now clearing, i wonder how cold it will get? minus 6 says forecast....

coldest here so far = -6.5C

We have some snow but when i cycled out to box hill today my god like 12 inches? almost died getting there ofc, so farr, so coldd..

Posted

I take it despite some of the doom and gloom from our cousins to the East of the region last night that everyone now has lying snow in the SE? :)

Parts of Norfolk do not... I think.

Posted

I just check out the elevation lines on an OS map and work it out from them. Very precise.

streetmap.co.uk

I don't know how to do that hehe! Thankyou

Posted

Parts of Norfolk do not... I think.

Norwich has about 0.5cm tops. But then its not in the south east, its in East Anglia.

Posted

Hi all,first post and I must thank all at at NW for "accurate forecasts" so glad I didn't venture out to work today....I would have had a nightmare journey home. Seems there's problems entering my profile details so, as for this asl, realised I'm not in a chat room so my age, sex, location doesn't matter....only location....(phew) I'm in Chattenden, Rochester(sort of) more towards Isle of Grain more precisely on Four Elms Hill......had lots of snow here, especially the blizzard around 4pm!! Just an update as people here earlier were asking for details this neck of woods

Welcome to the site Lyn, and never mind about your age sex and location i am sure they are ok :) :)

Posted

It's amazing what difference a few miles makes. In Trowse (3 miles South of Norwich city centre) we have 2 - 3cm easily.

Posted

Snow is really heavy here now... laying thick even on treated surfaces.

31m ASL.

Can't see any schools opening tomorrow.

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Orange Sky in Folkestone.

Well I think its been worth the wait, just how long have we've got this for?

that'll be the amusement park on fire ohmy.giflaugh.gif

radar showing the end of the band of snow over East Kent now smile.gif

Edited by MAF

Posted

Snow stopped at the moment ... theres a small gap then another finger of precip that might just scrape past and catch the tip of Thanet in the next 45 - 60 mins ... what do you reckon ???

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Every good performance needs a grand finale. And we are certainly getting that! Close to 8 inches now.

Which part of Brighton are you in ? I'm in one of the hillier areas and we have about 8cm. I think 8 inches is about 20cm !

Posted

Skies clearing here after snowing for much of the day. Had some heavy falls this morning. Currently have around 3-4" Of lying snow with more out towards Great Bentley/Clacton way ( 6"). Hopefully tomorrow's snow will add a few more cm's here.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Which part of Brighton are you in ? I'm in one of the hillier areas and we have about 8cm. I think 8 inches is about 20cm !

Top end of Ditchling Road. Altitude makes all the difference. I will measure and post once it finishes. Had 6 and a quarter inches at lunchtime.

Posted

I'm near Elm Grove and yeah 8cm is about right. I can't imagine anywhere managing 8inches today in Brighton!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

1st decent snow in downtown Folkestone. Goose feathers falling from the sky! Off out to walk in it! :rofl:

Edited by Lazarus

Posted

My cousin has been moaning about the fact that he has slush/wet snow of close to 1 inch near

the coast whereas inland I have 7 to 8 inches in Reigate where we got blitzed.I'd be interested to know whats down there close to the sea

Posted

I'm near Elm Grove and yeah 8cm is about right. I can't imagine anywhere managing 8inches today in Brighton!

I'm in the same area as you and was up on the top of Race Hill earlier. About 10cm up there, but I agree 8 inches (20cm) of lying snow in Brighton seems a little unlikely

Posted

Top end of Ditchling Road. Altitude makes all the difference. I will measure and post once it finishes. Had 6 and a quarter inches at lunchtime.

About 125-30 m asl i'm on google earth now lol

Sorry read that wrong!! :unknw:

Edited by jojobut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Lunchtime today:

post-4523-12628109496352_thumb.jpeg

Sorry it is not very well focused!

Oh and well clear of drifts. I have heard that the depths around Hollingbury golf course are a lot deeper.

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I wonder what the chances are of the system following my yellow line...

Gosh I hope so! I'll even bake a cake and ask it to stay for breakfast, lunch, tea and supper :unknw::clap::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I wonder what the chances are of the system following my yellow line...

Following the yellow line (brick road :unknw:) hope so...I was just thinking the same... have a butcher at: (takes a while to load)

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

seems to be winding up nicely... brewing up over the sea.. I have no idea what it'll provide to who or where - but it looks nice!...