west wales i mean

Edited by madian2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

is it still snowing on the west coast if so how much are you getting

west wales i mean

no the showers have pushed away

Posted

I'm watching the showers from the East... i think they will die out but who knows.

No showers today Jay - will be saturday/sunday now before we start to see more snow

Posted

One thing at a time, eh!

I'm not going to be worrying about the breakdown until after the weekend/Monday.

All the models have highlighted those as potentially snowy days right across Wales for some time now.

And as we know from events this week- anything can happen and probably will.

One thing I will say about any potential breakdown is that, personally, I'd want go out with a bang!

Posted

Risk of those showers pushing into Mid Wales later on tonight, could be 2-5cm on higher ground if they do make it to Wales.

Posted

Risk of those showers pushing into Mid Wales later on tonight, could be 2-5cm on higher ground if they do make it to Wales.

sorry Marcus but nothing forcast for tonight - clear and crisp and flippin freezing cold!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Personally from my experiance living i border carmartheshire/pembrokshire I dn't thik this cold spell will be coming to an end soon. GFS may be havig on of those days... it will be interesting to see ecm... re snow in wales none till sun. But as some people say don't just go for one model. Have a range of choices.

Posted

Doom and gloom merchants are out in force tonight, enjoy sunday monday snow it will take a hell of an effort for the atlantic to shift this pool of cold air over uk , listen to voices of experience like john homles we may see a breakdown next weekend why worry ENJOY next 7days plenty of snow to come.

Posted

Yes even the breakdown could possibly bring a further snow risk, so indeed we are still in the grip of winter

Posted

Doom and gloom merchants are out in force tonight, enjoy sunday monday snow it will take a hell of an effort for the atlantic to shift this pool of cold air over uk , listen to voices of experience like john homles we may see a breakdown next weekend why worry ENJOY next 7days plenty of snow to come.

Totally agree - we've had some great snowfall anyway - nothing to be doom and gloomy about and my personal feeling is that it ain't over yet with more snow sunday and monday and beyond and Joe B has stated that these sorts of winters are gonna become the norm over the next couple of decades - mini cooling - due to solar minima - global warming - C**p - governments latest way of raising taxes!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Exactly i expect a hell of a lot of snow before we get a breakdown ,im afraid there s a lot of people come on this site just to cause arguments and trouble.

Edited by keithlucky

Looking good for Sunday, as for next week, and I don't think at this stage it will be too marginal,

My opinion is that the GFS is too progressive in these situations and that the first attack from the South West, will not bring in the milder weather.

Of course it will turn milder some time, and perhaps by the end of next week.

ECM starting to come out, and looking a lot less progressive than GFS, and looking good for another snowfall event. Local areas will know how they tend to do in these situations.

Posted

Exactley i expect a hell of a lot of snow before we get a breakdown ,im afraid there s a lot of people come on this site just to cause arguments and trouble.

Sai'n credu taw 'ny yw'r problem, Beth yw e ma pobl yn ofn cyffroi rhag ofn bod y gwaetha'n digwydd a h.y. dim eira. Bach o gam arwain baswn i'n ddweud.

I don't believe that's the problem,. What it is is that people are scared of getting excited incase it doesnt snow. A bit of umm what's the English word. Sods law? I don't know what it is help :cold:

Posted

Can't say as I see a 'problem' either, a few doom and gloom merchants around as usual, but I'm just going to enjoy what I've got. :lol:

It'll go one day, but most of us have had some fun times from the current cold spell. No complaints from me (although a foot of snow would have been nice and could yet happen). :lol:

Posted

Can't say as I see a 'problem' either, a few doom and gloom merchants around as usual, but I'm just going to enjoy what I've got. :lol:

It'll go one day, but most of us have had some fun times from the current cold spell. No complaints from me (although a foot of snow would have been nice and could yet happen). :lol:

and remember for a lot of people they'll welcome an end when it comes. Must be hell if you are old or disabled.

Me i love it. Hope we get some more Sunday. It even showed on Saturday on the BBC news, but we know they tell beards.

Posted

Can't say as I see a 'problem' either, a few doom and gloom merchants around as usual, but I'm just going to enjoy what I've got. smile.gif

It'll go one day, but most of us have had some fun times from the current cold spell. No complaints from me (although a foot of snow would have been nice and could yet happen). smile.gif

we've got a foot and a half drifts and this could be the key in what is about to happen over the weekend with strong easterly winds drifting any snow quite readily

Posted

Currently showing -10.7 thats crazy cold

It's -11.4 here in Glanaman :lol: it's proper cold never been this cold at this time of day. They said it will be slightly milder tonight? And i wouldnt rule out some snow flurries around in wales tonight giving further accumilations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just checked the Anemometer outside and it says its around -4.5C here. So Sunday/Monday snow event still looking good then?

Posted

as derek been reading this forum says he wrote 2 blogs today

also said south/north wales might have a odd shower lucky beggers

Posted

It's -11.4 here in Glanaman ohmy.gif it's proper cold never been this cold at this time of day. They said it will be slightly milder tonight? And i wouldnt rule out some snow flurries around in wales tonight giving further accumilations.

that verifies it then because I thought my thermometer was broken lol , just been out to give it a tap