Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

-15c in Benson Souther England!

Posted

Anybody any idea of the conditions in Pembroke? Looks like there's been a bit of snow. I'm heading that way in half an hour.

-6.8c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

here's what you have all wanted feel free to remove mod's

I have no idea where that stright band of snow in the irish sea is heading

post-10324-12628473583452_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well my weather station is saying its -3.4C here, yet internet says its -6C here!? School is closed today as its too icy and still not enough starff can get in, so im happy. Going by met office forecast thismorning, most of sunday into monday we could get snow, fingers crossed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

1" of snow at 6am this morning here in milford. Thats not bad for us. I just want it to get really deep but no real chance. Might get a bit more throught this morning though (hopefully) but just want sun to melt it.

woody

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Morning a bit cold out there!

Min: -15.1c the lowest I have recorded in the UK since 1982 (-16.3c Coventry).

Posted

Got down to -15.9 here last night which is the second coldest i have recorded, the coldest being -16 last february, If it continues like this I don't see there being any trouble breaking it, I wonder how high temps will get today and how much the snow will thaw in the sun. Not much methinks but its going to be sunny all day so let's just hope.

Posted

Hi Adam,

There wont be a thaw, these sort of temperatures and air means that even with the sun, clear skies will be radiating out heat and DP's will be very low. It should stay well below zero today for us, -4c max perhaps. Yesterday it was at its warmest and thawing while it was cloudy in the morning, so the sunshine actually helps in this type of bitter airstream. The cloud would actually make it warmer like will happen in the east tonight.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

A piddling -5c for us, but it did get foggy so perhaps that tempered it a little, along with the slight westerly component to the wind overnight and perhaps a bit of cloud cover.

Posted

Here we got another good inch of snow in the early hours, the stream of cloud has drifted to the west now though. Temp was not as low as many, -5.7.

Posted

around -10.5C at 8:15 am in Machynlleth this morning.

According to the car, it's still -9C here near Aberystwyth (5mins ago!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just found the Anemometer i got a few years ago, so took that out to get the shade temp and its around 0.8C, but in the sun 6.5C and a thaw has set in, snow in the sun on shed roof is melting. Still looking good for sunday.

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Just found the Anemometer i got a few years ago, so took that out to get the shade temp and its around 0.8C, but in the sun 6.5C and a thaw has set in, snow in the sun on shed roof is melting. Still looking good for sunday.

Whats going to happen on sunday then. Is this the break down thats comming?.

IM on the coast and it looks like its going to start to get warmer towards next week for me. So it probably be sleet or rain

Edited by mrmonopoly

Posted

morning only got down to -6 here in blackwood gwent, does anyone know how much percipitation is on its way sun/mon, or is this the met office just covering their backs!

Posted

morning only got down to -6 here in blackwood gwent, does anyone know how much percipitation is on its way sun/mon, or is this the met office just covering their backs!

You might get some here the DAM is 530 so snow chance here is very unliekly next week.

Posted

Freezing fog conditions around St. Clears and Whitland this morning.

Temps there still currently around -4/5c. Snowed over parts of north Pembs and west Carmarthenshire early this morning too, adding another few cms.

Still below freezing in Carmarthen town also.

Posted

Whats going to happen on sunday then. Is this the break down thats comming?.

IM on the coast and it looks like its going to start to get warmer towards next week for me. So it probably be sleet or rain

I dont think its the break down, the cold is ment to last atleast another week, some say maybe even up to another 2 weeks. On sky news forecast thismorning it showed snow for most of sothern/centeral England and Wales across to sothern Ireland. I think its coming from the E/SE sunday but not sure, best check with someone with experience, im just going by forecasts not charts or anything. Also Met Office have a weather watch for sunday and monday for heavy snow over all of wales.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

I dont think its the break down, the cold is ment to last atleast another week, some say maybe even up to another 2 weeks. On sky news forecast thismorning it showed snow for most of sothern/centeral England and Wales across to sothern Ireland. I think its coming from the E/SE sunday but not sure, best check with someone with experience, im just going by forecasts not charts or anything. Also Met Office have a weather watch for sunday and monday for heavy snow over all of wales.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

DS, go here..

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

click on the 'precipitation type' chart, go to Saturday 1800, and just keep clicking forward to see how long the pink stays over us.

now i know we won't get CONSTANT heavy snow for the whole time, and it's all still a long way off, but the pink is over us( in maesteg and bridgend) from 1800 Saturday, till 0600 on the following Friday, with one break.

next week could be spectacular. COULD be!

even the blizzards of 78 and 82 were only 3 days long.

it's a bit scary to be honest.