Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I can see that band of cloud (& snow) in the sky looking east, all that snow being wasted in the channel! mad.gif

yep absolutely its coming our way nothing to heavy but its absolutely coming our way notice that its picking up pnn across the cannel to our southeast.

i think couple of hours maybe 3 we will see snow,

tomorrow is looking a little more exciting lets see how it pans out.:D

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=sou&CONT=ukuk&BIG=0&ZEIT=201001091030&LOOP=1&LTYP=std&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Location: Hampshire/Dorset border, few miles in from the coast

Thanks very much!

well having just looked at raintoday, courtesy of cockrel, i have renewed optomism! time will tell bu its looking mighty fine so far. sod the meto radar now

Posted

its only free untill 2morow though mate lol then i think you will have to pay for it

well its into brighton now so yeah i rekon about 3ish like badboy said

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

seems that nothing is free anymore, even with the adverts they have, they still want my money lol. hmmm i think 3 sounds like a fair bet, but pert of me thinks a little later. around 4 maybe? anyone else care to hazard a guess? :whistling:

Posted

ambitious, but i like the sound ofit :yahoo: i see the new chat feature on here is also getting a lot of usage lol. currently chatting away to myself in there lol

also having just looked at the visable sat again i see the cloud is flirting briefly with the isle of wight....any of you folk got anything blowing along in the breeze yet?

Edited by CaptainRob

Posted

first glimpses of the cloud now...its creeping slowly. but cloud is no fun without the white stuff!

Edited by CaptainRob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

a very bitter wind here now here in shanklin!! seems to be lots of cloud cover now !!whistling.gif mind you the monday weather warning has shifted north !!!wallbash.gif just hope we get smoe snow to top whats already here!!!good.gif

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

yeah i see they have moved it north. still pleanty of time for things to change and change again. its a waiting game now....

Posted

Some of us are desperate lol. this is the first decent snow in what seems an eternity. disappointed to see the change in warnings for us though

it seems at this stage we are still waiting for the wind to switch from ne to e. still feeling very very cold in the wind though

Edited by Southernskies

Posted

Some of us are desperate lol. this is the first decent snow in what seems an eternity. disappointed to see the change in warnings for us though

i have to say....im taking my eye off this for a bit!! we will get some snow later today!! flurries which will lay on the snow already here!! but i think tommorow has been downgraded on bbc..... monday the warning has been completley removed from the south!! tues we might have some but!!wedsnesday looks good as the mild air hits the cold air then another winter wonderland could be produced!! i think there will be some heavy bursts tommorow and it is changing so met office could upgrade us .......but im sitting on the fence on this one!!mega_shok.gif

Posted

i have to say....im taking my eye off this for a bit!! we will get some snow later today!! flurries which will lay on the snow already here!! but i think tommorow has been downgraded on bbc..... monday the warning has been completley removed from the south!! tues we might have some but!!wedsnesday looks good as the mild air hits the cold air then another winter wonderland could be produced!! i think there will be some heavy bursts tommorow and it is changing so met office could upgrade us .......but im sitting on the fence on this one!!mega_shok.gif

best budge up then as i dont think thereis room for everyone on this fence. seems to be the perch of choicefor many lol including me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Nothing yet....... not sure where Sky get their weather from but the 'ticker tape' warning was there first thing this morning as well. We've* been included in an advisory for Wednesday from the met office now though for possible heavy snow

* Hampshire, IOW, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Berkshire, Oxfordshire

Some threads still saying this will probably be rain/sleet for coastal regions though but you never know!

London & South East England: Hampshire Isle of Wight Oxfordshire Portsmouth Southampton W BerkshireHeavy SnowWed 13 JanThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England and Wales on Wednesday.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow on Wednesday, this snow spreading slowly eastwards. Snow will be heavy and prolonged in places at first and there will be drifting in strong winds. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1241 Sat 9 Jan

Posted

something tokeep an eye on there. not being fully clued up in the model side of things, i have no idea what the chancesof wenesday being rain/slee/snow are. thats a fair way of yet when we still have today and tomorrow to see yet! i really dont remember any time in my life when there have been this many successive snow threats for th south coast

Posted

something tokeep an eye on there. not being fully clued up in the model side of things, i have no idea what the chancesof wenesday being rain/slee/snow are. thats a fair way of yet when we still have today and tomorrow to see yet! i really dont remember any time in my life when there have been this many successive snow threats for th south coast

lots of precipitation heading this way on the radar!!!whistling.gif lets hope it keeps its shape or builds!!!

Posted

aye and i see the snow in east anglia and the se is now taking a more easterly tack and looks to be developing. maybe thats wishful thinking but im only following a web radar. the visable sattelite images are still giving me hope for tonight and tomorrow though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I think it's a 50/50 chance whether it will be rain/sleet/snow for Wednesday as keeping eye on other threads. Never forget how weird it was to see heavy rain in Pompey turn to heavy snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

lots of precipitation heading this way on the radar!!!whistling.gif lets hope it keeps its shape or builds!!!

Really looks like it cud snow any min in newport!! :yahoo: fingers crossed!!

Read your pm Lee!