Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

Me too, can't even move car here! The most recent forecast I saw on BBC showed the remainder of Sunday & it looks like there could well be a spell of more moderate snow during the day, so could give another 2-5cm... drinks.gif

I hope so wednesday was fun especially when college has been closed for 3 days, Fingers crossed ;)

Posted

I hope so wednesday was fun especially when college has been closed for 3 days, Fingers crossed biggrin.gif

Met Office have issued "orange" warnings for only E&W Sussex & Kent at the moment, hopefully Hampshire & IOW will be included in any updates! drinks.gif

Posted

Had a flurry here in Newbs earlier..

As for the weekend onwards it looks like being a showery regime setting in, which means that some places may see light flurries whereas some may get the odd moderate burst. A case of nowcasting will be the order of the day.

As for people using the BBC internet forecast then don't! Use the local foreacast from Net-Weather that updates 4 times a day. OK it takes it's data feed from the GFS, but it is a much better general guide.

By the way it got down to -11.2C in Thatcham yesterday morning just after 0700:

http://www.thatcham-weather.info/

Regards

Ian

Posted

Met Office have issued "orange" warnings for only E&W Sussex & Kent at the moment, hopefully Hampshire & IOW will be included in any updates! drinks.gif

I think they should after watching bbc south today they had snow over the whole of southern and SE England on sunday, so hopefully they will.

Though Met office do have a habit of taking the IOW warning off sometimes.

Posted
  • Location: Hampshire/Dorset border, few miles in from the coast
  • Location: Hampshire/Dorset border, few miles in from the coast

Dorset has Met Office warnings out for Sunday, Monday & Tuesday for snow drinks.gif

Well this IS good news,but yet to happen of course. Had a few flakes of snow dust blowing along in a deathly cold wind today about 10am, but otherwise nothing near Southampton. Anyone care to give an insight into the showers we are being threatened with tomorrow? I have hear rumblings on the radio and tv, but am not seeing much on METO or here atm

Posted

Well this IS good news,but yet to happen of course. Had a few flakes of snow dust blowing along in a deathly cold wind today about 10am, but otherwise nothing near Southampton. Anyone care to give an insight into the showers we are being threatened with tomorrow? I have hear rumblings on the radio and tv, but am not seeing much on METO or here atm

No snow at all here today, though we have had a fair bit of cloud about this afternoon...

I don't think we will see much if any snow tomorrow to be honest, maybe the odd flurry here & there. At the moment it's looking like Sunday is our best bet for any snow, which could give an extra covering, possibly as much as 2-5 cms... Though my worry is that here (& other coastal areas) could get sleet or even rain! nonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

No snow at all here today, though we have had a fair bit of cloud about this afternoon...

I don't think we will see much if any snow tomorrow to be honest, maybe the odd flurry here & there. At the moment it's looking like Sunday is our best bet for any snow, which could give an extra covering, possibly as much as 2-5 cms... Though my worry is that here (& other coastal areas) could get sleet or even rain! nonono.gif

Difficult to say isn't it as things seem to be changing a lot. I keep reading the southeast/southwest threads to see if I can get any clues as there's some excellent technical folk on there that put things in terms I can understand but nothing much so far re central southern england.

Posted

Difficult to say isn't it as things seem to be changing a lot. I keep reading the southeast/southwest threads to see if I can get any clues as there's some excellent technical folk on there that put things in terms I can understand but nothing much so far re central southern england.

I think it will be down to "nowcasting" again... Look how unlikely it was that we would get the snow on Tuesday evening, it started as rain here & I thought it was game over!

Edited by SunnySouthCoast

Posted

Could we in Poole Bournemouth etc be in the firing line from that snow streamer coming down from the ne. Its looking close and its moving at a rate of knotts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Just waiting for the weather forecast on meridian ...fingers crossed for more snow on the IOW!!! :D Ive a feelin it will miss us this time tho!! :D

Does anyone know if we've any chance of anythin 2night or 2moz??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Just waiting for the weather forecast on meridian ...fingers crossed for more snow on the IOW!!! yahoo.gif Ive a feelin it will miss us this time tho!! nonono.gif

I think we will get some on Sunday. rolleyes.gif

Posted

Snowing lightly in Reading at the moment. That wasn't forecast, BBC weather says sun, couldn't be more wrong!!

Getting heavy now!!

Snizzle is the word to describe today's snow; nothing more!

The only thing I've been panic buying is dishwasher salt. Myself and the neighbours have managed to clear our street to the corner so we can now get our cars out. The dishwasher salt ensures that it doesn't refreeze. Perfect!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

OMG On south today Sally just said IOW to get the brunt of the snow b4 everyone else so hopefully we'll deffo get some!! yahoo.gifcold.gif

alright sis!!! the itv weather looked superb!! she pointed to the whole of hampshire and the iow and said maybe 10 to 15 cm!!! lets hope lets keep our eye on met office!!!! gathering.gif

Posted

Just waiting for the weather forecast on meridian ...fingers crossed for more snow on the IOW!!! yahoo.gif Ive a feelin it will miss us this time tho!! nonono.gif

Did you see that igloo those students built on Southsea common on Meridian Tonight? Really cool, literally! laugh.gif

Posted

Who is sposed to get some 2night then? i dint think we were forecast any until 2moz night! :unknw:

Wud be nice tho! :cold:

Hi snowgal dont know if you already use it but go on website, RAINTODAY,just type in your location and you can watch the snow arriving on the satellite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Evening everyone,

I think West Sussex might get some flurries - Brighton seems to be getting a bit at the moment but not sure they will come this far west (but it started raining in Portsmouth on Tuesday evening before huge flakes started coming out of the sky so anything's possible!)

I didn't see the BBC weather tonight, watched ITV instead and showed lightish snow for us Sat pm/Sunday. Interestingly on the south east threads they are pointing towards more south east corner/perhaps London rather than coming west.

Lampost watching comes to mind! I have a cold at the moment so feeling very hot - quite glad the weather's so cold - even got the window open!!! dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Who is sposed to get some 2night then? i dint think we were forecast any until 2moz night! unknw.gif

Wud be nice tho! cold.gif

a few showers dotted about!! that streamer is heading off west!! the is some precipitation heading for parts of hampshire!! so hopefully we will get some on the iow!!!cc_confused.gif