Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Nothing to be sorry for! This thread is quiet at the best of times so it's good to see it busier! People have been much nicer in this weather and everyone talks to one another!!! We got some shopping in for our neighbour and he popped round with a bottle of wine so if it carries on snowing I'll be opening that later! drinks.gif

Hi, hope so! Apart from the south east though I think the general consenus is light snow but persistent?

badboy - temperatures might drop as we go on further into the night - remember Tuesday and the rain??? lol

its is snowing its little pellets my recycling bin had a clean lid its now got a dustin on it :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Excellent way of describing it stormforce!

Badboy - no more apologies needed lol!! I've just been looking at the model thread but must admit that I don't understand much of it. Saw that you posted something, would you mind explaining it a bit if you've got time? No worries if not. drinks.gif

friend of mine also just phoned me snowing modrately in aldershot and not pellets it start like pellets but turned to flakes :clap:

Posted

that first little band has fragmented along the coast and seems to be further north. This is intriguing. What i'd love to see, and i'm hoping for, is some of that stuff over the channel and france to pick up some moisture over the channel, pep up, then pummel us.

i'm drunk, now though, so ignore anything i say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

A horse called man - lol! Aldershot is further north than us so perhaps you're right with the fragmented along the coast bit! I haven't seen any weather bulletins yet but south west thread are excited because there's been an upgrade for their area in the last half hour or so. Just shows how things change.

Hope IOW get some too especially as they're our neighbours.

Posted

i am so happy with the winter so far snow on the ground now for 3 days with hardly any thaw something i have never experienced before

any more snow this year will be a bonus for me

deffinatly gonna be one my 3 kids will remember, my oldest is 11 and its the first time hes seen snow like weve had

amazing 3 days of lying snow then to have more ontop !!! before the last has melted lol mental

Posted

a fairly weak assumption, but if the sw has had an upgrade and the se is looking good, ten central southern is looking good too surely? just a thought

Indeed, the latest BBC forecast did show more snow over us this evening & tomorrow than earlier in the day drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

A horse called man - lol! Aldershot is further north than us so perhaps you're right with the fragmented along the coast bit! I haven't seen any weather bulletins yet but south west thread are excited because there's been an upgrade for their area in the last half hour or so. Just shows how things change.

Hope IOW get some too especially as they're our neighbours.

Aaahhh thanks hun wud be nice :p im still lamppost watchin atm as hav heard it snowin in shanklin and ryde here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Very good thought and you might be right. Just braved the cold and stood outside looking upwards; the clouds are very fragmented at mo.

You're welcome isleofwightsnowgal! I adore the island and attend the scooter rally every year; I've had some of the most amazing times over there! drinks.gif

Posted

Am I the only one F5ing the meto radar awaiting the update ...

Bloody 'ell ... Wish I hadn't bothered :wacko: ... off to do some housework ....

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Am I the only one F5ing the meto radar awaiting the update ...

Bloody 'ell ... Wish I hadn't bothered whistling.gif ... off to do some housework ....

Exactly the same thoughts here beka! lol. long way to go yet anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

light snow here at mo but not worth standing outside for. Suprised how bone chilling the wind is already and how much snow had aready blown out of fields along the country roads on the way home. Think drifting will be more of an issue in the next few days than snowfall as was already several inches deep over long stretches in a few places, give it overnight and some places round here could have 8" drifts !!!

Posted

so would i be right in saying if this is coming from the se then all that in the channel should start to get pushed up towards us ??

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

so would i be right in saying if this is coming from the se then all that in the channel should start to get pushed up towards us ??

that's what i'm hoping, but it doesn't really seem to be happening. looking at the radar, the precip is fragmenting as it gets east, apart from that to the south, which appears to be staying south.

the orientation looks more NE to SW to me.

Edited by A horse called man

Posted

The forum threads go quite so I go out shopping (for what seems like ages) have some fun with the car in wide open car parks, come back home and it would seem that every man and their dog has left a post in this thread......AWESOME!

Now the good bit, its bitterly cold here in Basingstoke, wind speed has gone up, very tiny winsy small snow flakes are falling but not doing much in the way of settling. Lampost, check, beer, check, laptop/internet connection, check, camera, check!

All ready to do a night of exciting weather watching!!!!

Have fun all!

Posted

Still the most minutest flakes/grains in Horndean - all going sideways due to the wind!

Posted

Lol, me too, have just cracked open a bottle of ice cold Magners & made a crisp sandwich! drunk.gif

Posted

Just about to have egg, bacon, beans, toast and wine (and in that order lol!)drinks.gif Small flakes flying along even faster now.