Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just headed up to the sixth floor of Television Centre, cloud cover building and darkening over towards the east, interesting!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

"If you forecast cold winters every year like Corbyn does, you are bound to be right once every so often. that does not make him a genius!

You'll find after every major weather event that it was something Corbyn had predicted. Trouble is...you try and find what he predicts BEFORE it happens"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't imply Corbyn was a genius, I don't think he thinks that either. But I saw his broadcast last October with his winter forecast. He is a solar physicist by discipline and I think that he has a lot of other scientists on side. NASA predict a very probable Dalton type Minimum which should herald 20 to 30 of very cold winters in both hemispheres. smile.gif

Posted

What did it say?

snow lots and lots of snow all over the east,south east and south of england for sunday and monday all day very heavy.they were really ramping it up.

Posted

Just headed up to the sixth floor of Television Centre, cloud cover building and darkening over towards the east, interesting!:good:

something's happening....

Day After Tomorrow scenarios running through my head.....

Posted

something's happening....

Day After Tomorrow scenarios running through my head.....

haven't seen flocks of birds flying west yet diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

snow lots and lots of snow all over the east,south east and south of england for sunday and monday all day very heavy.they were really ramping it up.

Yep, Sky seem to be confident in Sunday/Monday's snow event! Hope they're right :good:

This is like Tornado chasing, brilliant stuff

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

The "Norfolk" low definately seems to be heading Essex Kent way now rather than south down the North Sea.

Does anyone thing that the Beeb will do an update of thier earlier no show snow for this evening back to a one of heavy snow for Thames estuary area???? It looks that way, in my very humble and most amateurish opinion :good:

Posted

The "Norfolk" low definately seems to be heading Essex Kent way now rather than south down the North Sea.

Does anyone thing that the Beeb will do an update of thier earlier no show snow for this evening back to a one of heavy snow for Thames estuary area???? It looks that way, in my very humble and most amateurish opinion :D

We shall see what the standard graphics update shows at 5pm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like the low is more or less slap bang over Norwich, so showers are rotating around the low and it's just cloudy here with the odd bit of snizzle. Still, the snow hasn't thawed much and there's about 7cm lying on the fields.

I guess convection will pep up over the next two days as the easterly digs in- traditionally a very good snow setup for Norwich. Sunday looks marginal with temperatures progged to be just above freezing, but Norwich may be far enough inland to keep falling and lying snow for most of the day.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

How's it looking for north kent? , wish this sun would stay behind the clouds it's melting my snow :D

Posted

Does anyone thing that the Beeb will do an update of thier earlier no show snow for this evening back to a one of heavy snow for Thames estuary area???? It looks that way, in my very humble and most amateurish opinion :D

Wasn't that what they said at lunch-time "could get nasty in the thames estuary later"

Or has that changed again!?

Posted

Interesting... bits and peices appearing on radar now inland over Cambs.

Awaiting next few radar updates before getting excited!

Posted

Looks like the low is more or less slap bang over Norwich, so showers are rotating around the low and it's just cloudy here with the odd bit of snizzle. Still, the snow hasn't thawed much and there's about 7cm lying on the fields.

I guess convection will pep up over the next two days as the easterly digs in- traditionally a very good snow setup for Norwich. Sunday looks marginal but Norwich may be far enough inland to keep falling and lying snow for most of the day.

What do you think that means for our prospects of snow later on?

Posted

This is my MetO London Boroughs update that I receive via the local authority, thought it may be of interest. Updated again at 5.

Mostly cloudy this afternoon with scattered snow showers. The showers continuing into the evening with a risk of more persistent snow for a time. In central and outer London accumulations of 1-2 cm expected but elsewhere accumulations of 2-5 cm are more likely. Showers becoming less frequent later in the night with many areas staying dry for a time. Snow showers developing again on Friday morning. A widespread frost overnight with ice forming on roads which are affected by showers.

Posted

That low pressure core has got coastal Suffolk & Essex written all over it.

Not sure that's a good thing in terms of ppn though??

Could be good for convection in the Thames on the other hand, as it could get pretty windy? Maybe this is what the forecasters were mentioning?

Confused.

:D

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

How's it looking for north kent? , wish this sun would stay behind the clouds it's melting my snow nonono.gif

very black overhead but no snow

edit: snowing now...very light but lots of it if that makes sense!

Edited by hippyhattie

Posted

Amazing to see the line of showers that have formed which are heading in land via Kings Lynn :D

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=227&y=209

Just checked my postcode on the radar and I am right in the middle of it and will be for a while to come unless something changes!!!

Janet

Guest archiesmummy

very dark clouds here too, very much like late on a summers day with a storm brewing, having to put lights on!

clouds have a very yellow tinge to them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

What do you think that means for our prospects of snow later on?

Cloudy and dry for the rest of the afternoon, then snow showers tonight, snow showers tomorrow, snow showers Saturday... that's the general idea!

They will be hit and miss, but we should get at least some. NMM model suggests a band of heavy snow showers moving through Norwich overnight.