Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

can the smogs let us know how much has fallen from their day off fun?

lol you'll get used to depressive moments once youl've followed it long enough.

i'm quietly confident about tonight.

you had better hope the same flow keeps up otherwise the stuf east of scotland will probs bake north northumberland when the easterly sets in :nonono:

Posted

can the smogs let us know how much has fallen from their day off fun?

you had better hope the same flow keeps up otherwise the stuf east of scotland will probs bake north northumberland when the easterly sets in :rolleyes:

it's ok as a realist,i no longer reach for the prozac when it goes tits up lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

The band looks to be swinging round to be more NE/SW now. I'm thinking it'll align itself over County Durham somewhere with the big area to the North Closing in on Northumberland if that makes sense. Might be a while before we see any action though.

Posted

The band looks to be swinging round to be more NE/SW now. I'm thinking it'll align itself over County Durham somewhere with the big area to the North Closing in on Northumberland if that makes sense. Might be a while before we see any action though.

9pm onwards

Posted

beggers can't be choosers but the stuf east of sctoland doesnt look as tasty as the stuff we missed today.

dont get me wrong, i'll take it, but it doesnt look as fun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

9pm onwards

I reckon it could be 22:00 before we start to see much snow (not just a rogue flurry)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I think it might be earlier for me. The band on the radar is has really shifted direction in the last 20 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Its definitely breaking up and I would now say 10pm. But it could intensify again.....

Posted

Haha. Sky News on location reporter has done an experiment today. She put water in a plastic bottle and a few hours later it started to freeze. It will do pet if it's below freezing!

Posted

I sometimes do when i feel inclined to.

Are you saying netweathers shows something different?

Nope, it just shows brighter colours which imply the PPN is heavier than what it probably is.

Where is the snow going to come from? I honesty can't see any arriving here, as people say, everything is breaking up, the wind flow is not good as it coming from where there is very little PPN and tbh, when the wind does finally switch to a more favourable direction, there is probably little to no PPN at all. This is really our chance of something significant because i suspect the showers tomorrow will be few and far between.

Posted

Well i'm lost for words, I have 1 foot of snow in the back garden and the blizzards and drifting snow is unreal, never seen anything like this, been like this constant for about 2 - 3 hours non stop, yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

I sometimes do when i feel inclined to.

Are you saying netweathers shows something different?

no but i feel it's best to support this site

Nope, it just shows brighter colours which imply the PPN is heavier than what it probably is.

Where is the snow going to come from? I honesty can't see any arriving here, as people say, everything is breaking up, the wind flow is not good as it coming from where there is very little PPN and tbh, when the wind does finally switch to a more favourable direction, there is probably little to no PPN at all. This is really our chance of something significant because i suspect the showers tomorrow will be few and far between.

GS are you programmed to be on a downer all the time.christ sake man lighten up.

Posted

Hi just joined! I'm in Brandon near Durham City and we haven't had any snow today so far do you think it will snow later?

Just new myself so probably not the best person to answer. There's some on it's way down now but nobody can so for sure if and when it will hit. There was some this morning which looked like it was going to give Newton Aycliffe a good kicking but it died when it hit the coast.

Have you signed up to the radar? I don't understand much about the weather charts yet but it's exciting following the snow on the radar.

Posted

GS are you programmed to be on a downer all the time.christ sake man lighten up.

Fine then, we are going too see 3ft drifts and we will have conditions like those have in Teesdale, this will be a major snow event tonight that everyone will remember for the rest of there lives. It could be so severe, it might actually get more news coverage than the 1CM of snow that is predicted for London on Sunday.

You have been warned.

btw, i'm happy for those in Smoggiesvile who missed out on the snow last Friday i think it was, yous are finally catching and over taking us in snow amounts. :wallbash:

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Fine then, we are going too see 3ft drifts and we will have conditions like those have in Teesdale, this will be a major snow event tonight that everyone will remember for the rest of there lives. It could be so severe, it might actually get more news coverage than the 1CM of snow that is predicted for London on Sunday.

You have been warned.

very childish :wallbash:

Posted

Well i'm lost for words, I have 1 foot of snow in the back garden and the blizzards and drifting snow is unreal, never seen anything like this, been like this constant for about 2 - 3 hours non stop, %7Boption%7Dhttp://forumcache.netweather.

Indeed clevelands turn for the snow and with the wind so light if u r lucky enough to catch theses showers they are potent and slow moving i was around clevalnd today and there are some huge differences in snow depths between the coast and inland measured in inches and thats just a few miles.

With the wind so light the showers are fading very quickly when making landfall yesterday they were there and cbs were present but very little made it even just a few miles inland ,i would imagine with the snow now falling heavily in middlesbrough that the slight pick up in the wind today is starting to bring these showers further in ;places like darlington will stuggle to get these showers but if they do make it expect a few cms at least and more if you are unlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Very large gap between the two bands of snow now heading for Newcastle, we really need that to fill up or we'll just get a milder, cloudier night without any fresh snow.