Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

hi Mark,i agree 9pm onwards looks better for us.

Errmmm, eyes East !

Working in South Shields, it's getting blacker here by the second, the sky looks full. Just seen one or two tiny flakes, it won't be long, I would guess that it could be bleaching down here in the next hour!

Just heard Five Live forecast with I think John Hammond. He made a point of mentioning Sunderland and Newcastle being at risk of some heavy snow todat/this evening, looking out here he isn't wrong

Karl

Posted

Is that a glitch on the 1225 radar? A lot of the snow I was looking at 5 mins earlier has 'disappeared'.

edit: Thank God for that, its reappeared on the 1235 lol.

it happens now and then

Posted

Errmmm, eyes East !

Working in South Shields, it's getting blacker here by the second, the sky looks full. Just seen one or two tiny flakes, it won't be long, I would guess that it could be bleaching down here in the next hour!

Just heard Five Live forecast with I think John Hammond. He made a point of mentioning Sunderland and Newcastle being at risk of some heavy snow todat/this evening, looking out here he isn't wrong

Karl

I still can't see Newcastle getting any snow from that band, they are just too far west unfortunately, i suspect South Shields/Sunderland could get a pasting, especially if PPN develops to the west of the band. I think that is the only hope for folk in Newcastle imo.

Skies look nice and promising here but you can see that it will not be heading my way sadly.

Until the flow turns more ne'ly, then i think its going to be quite a frustrating afternoon around here.

Posted

It is travelling more N-S now rather than NE-SW, and looking at the radar I'm too far inland and it will slip just to the East of me, might just catch the edge. Middlesbrough, Stockton, Billingham, Yarm etc are bang in line to get pasted.

Posted

It is travelling more N-S now rather than NE-SW, and looking at the radar I'm too far inland and it will slip just to the East of me, might just catch the edge. Middlesbrough, Stockton, Billingham, Yarm etc are bang in line to get pasted.

Thats good news he he

And as far as mid table mediocraty goes, thats good news too, i'm a barnsley fan and we are becoming very hard to beat!

Posted

I'm in Tynemouth view a sea view. The band of snow is sliding past us just offshore down the coast at the minutes. Not a flake here yet. It does look ominous though. Is the wind likely to change to drive it onto land at all? How would I figure this out?

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Dont rule it ouf yet. The snow magnet located near mine will attract the snow im sure. It usually works with rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I am in Wallsend atm and the snow is very close. Sky has good cloud cover and the black cloud is just east. i would say it will be snowing at tynemouth now. Its teasting Newcastle now. I don't think its going to make it. Yest another missed chance for Newcastle.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

some seriously beefy showers in the next batch out to sea.

still all looks on corse for boro area. some people are going to get a pasting if they don't fizzle.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

True but at the same time, we don't want to mislead those folk who may think, a warning means its going to snow for certain.

You have any idea when the winds will veer more of a true easterly direction?

At this stage, for those in Tyne and Wear, western parts of Durham and Northumberland, its a "close but no cigar" situation at the moment. Hopefully this will change soon.

Close has to be the understatment of the year GS..!! lol... Had the tiniest of a snow flurry, the dark skies are almost overhead but slipping just and i mean just to the south of Tyne & Wear.... We will see snow later but how much???... Oh just looked at the radar ..now thats better, just started to snow again small flakes but hey its a start. I'm still not 100% sure of the track of those 'beefy' showers out over the sea but hopefully they'll land a little further north so we all get a bit..

post-5386-12629571609152_thumb.png

NW 5min radar... well worth the 20 odd quid a year....!!!

Posted

Hi all,

Its a complete white out here in Hartlepool!!! - we have been in the middle of a blizzard for a good 20

mins :(

Tammy

Posted

i would say it will be snowing at tynemouth now.

Not a thing here and the sky is brightening if anything.

Posted

Clouding over here, I still think the heaviest snow will skirt to my East and be more centred over Teesside. I'd be happy with another 2 or 3 cm today anyway, doesn't have to be spectacular.

Posted

Why is it that when we need an easterly we dont get one but when we dont we do?

Posted

Don't think there's much point watching the radar now for 2 or 3 hrs.

On the other hand....

Ill go and switch my snow magnet on and it will pass u on its way to me!

Posted

What does everyone think about the chunk that split to the north earlier. I thought it looked like it was on a direct course for us but seems to have swung out a bit and be pushing futher south now.

Posted

Well, what a waste of time, the first chunk has missed and the second chunk out to sea looks like going the same way. Had some exceptionally light flurries a few minutes ago, but that looks like it with the cloud breaking and thinning.

Posted

Well, what a waste of time, the first chunk has missed and the second chunk out to sea looks like going the same way. Had some exceptionally light flurries a few minutes ago, but that looks like it with the cloud breaking and thinning.

A complete reversal of the last few days. have been completely dry in the south of the region whilst the snow plowed into the north, looks like it may be our turn at last