Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Snowing now. The band seems to be about twice as thick as the bit that passed over Newcastle and it seems to be intensifying. Hopefully we'll get more than the 20-30 minutes that Tyne and Wear had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Stopped here and rapidly dropped for -3.2 back to -5.1.

GFS tonight has upgraded our snow chances in the coming days by positioning the high further north.

Posted

Snowing now. The band seems to be about twice as thick as the bit that passed over Newcastle and it seems to be intensifying. Hopefully we'll get more than the 20-30 minutes that Tyne and Wear had.

Yeah but my dad's bigger than your dad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I'd say moderate intensity now. It's a shame that heavier green blob looks like escaping just to my South. Newton Aycliffe should get it though.

Posted

getting irritated now every time I look out the back door, water (Ihope) is dripping in a very small area onto the snow even though its obviously well below freezingdiablo.gif hope its not the teenage son peeing oot the bedroom windowblush.gif probably a central heating malfunction or somethingdiablo.gif

Posted

Yeah but my dad's bigger than your dad

Aye your Dad might be bigger but my Dad can have your Dad.

In Sunderland the temperature went down to -5.8 oC and whilst it has been snowing it rose to -3.8oc....very fine yet heavy Graupel / hail snow coming down, which will just freeze lovely.

More snow showers will probably continue through the night.

Winter is far from done yet whistling.gif

Posted

I'd say moderate intensity now. It's a shame that heavier green blob looks like escaping just to my South. Newton Aycliffe should get it though.

Payback for the last few days where the green blob has skirted just to my north. This one is on a collision course, watch and laugh as it dissipates before striking DL5.

Posted

Crap, fine snow falling - not the stuff of big green blobs.

Nice heavy stuff falling, at below -4. Looks to be plenty of mileage in this one.

Posted

snow stopped in byker, looks like one more small shower on radar to come , left a cm or 2 outside( better than nowt) furthur down south looks better on the radar, nowt else showing on radars for Newcastle for a canny while now.

by the way who's the daddy, i,m the daddyrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by gazzac69

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Moderate snow again here off that tail-ender shower cloud, few out at sea very hit & miss affair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

It's stopping now as we have only caught the base of the pan handle. A bit disappointing but better than nothing.

Posted

I'm in the hypnotic zone now,moderate snow falling straight down with zero wind.:fool:

How long's it been over Catchgate? The flakes here are just starting to get bigger and I'm hoping we get similar to you.

Posted

Tomorrow evening is looking promising, and also there was a mention of showers pepping up tomorrow evening on the local news;

post-4252-12629053291752_thumb.png

Weekend not looking dreadful with percipitation around albeit not very heavy but its still here, meaning snow should nver be too far away!

A few more CM's to come for most i feel ...

Just a shame there isnt the big foot here, if we where 20 miles north i feel Sunderland would be buried, but we have a measly 6-8cm here, nothing special...

And i hear TWS is preeching how next week things are guna start to thaw at the coast, ooo my days! Someone just shoot me now, i havent endured a month of freezing cold to hear this is all im likley to get ! !LOL! Rant over! haha

Ahwell, i might just have to re-locate.... 10 miles inland, 400+m up, and have a snow magnet on my roof!

No more snow showers for the next 4 or 5 hours i feel judging by the radar, but who knows, anything can happen... bar a blizzard depositing my foot of snow :fool:

SNOW-MAN2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Light/Moderate snow now heavier snow! biggrin.gif Big flakes here and post above snow showers are keep forming over the sea have a look another fresh batch is already on the way! and im still getting wonderfull heavy snow :fool: amazing :lol:

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Started again here at -4.7c. At least the snow is easy to clean off the car in the morning as its so dry. My kitchen broom is superb!

Posted

How long's it been over Catchgate? The flakes here are just starting to get bigger and I'm hoping we get similar to you.

About 15-20 minutes,not heavy so far.

Posted

Interesting to note that the showery activity has pepped up slightly in the North Sea around NE Scotland, sign that the colder uppers perhaps making an impact.

Friday and even Saturday looks interesting, we shall see though as the BBC forecasts has been up and down.

Snow shower about to hit here now by the looks of it.

Posted

not many but big flakes of snow falling in byker

quite heavy now obviously the 10 min or so time lapse on radar

Edited by gazzac69