Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 17

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

yip... still here... pink apparently over me but no sign of any snow

Posted

Where did that stuff on the radar coming from?! Just started snowing lightly here at -6c :drunk:

Nice to see the traffic cams turning white around Glasgow :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

is this another mark against the meto and their dry and cold night?

Posted

Can't say i'm confident about getting anything notable here, we are meant to be under one of the heavier areas according to the radar and there are about 3 flakes an hour falling!

Have woken up to yet another "barely an inch" covering of snow. Pretty impressive since the wee feature seems to have swept down from the far N/NE of Scotland; I'm not sure if I should be thanking Inverness or Aberdeen.

I think this is either the 20th or 21st or 22nd day in a row of snowcover. I can't remember. Let's just call it quits at 3 weeks :cold:

Edit: It has been snowing at -6C. I have never seen that before. Non-marginal snow :cold:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Have woken up to yet another "barely an inch" covering of snow. Pretty impressive since the wee feature seems to have swept down from the far N/NE of Scotland; I'm not sure if I should be thanking Inverness or Aberdeen.

I think this is either the 20th or 21st or 22nd day in a row of snowcover. I can't remember. Let's just call it quits at 3 weeks :cold:

Edit: It has been snowing at -6C. I have never seen that before. Non-marginal snow :cold:

Some nice snow in Stirling - covering the ice very nicely.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

more snow in ayr and snowing lightly at present temp -4.1 another inch on top sledging with the kids today :cold: 22 days of snow cover and off to meribel skiing nxt weekend

doesnt get any better :cold:

Some nice snow in Stirling - covering the ice very nicely.....

Is it still snowing up there? Looks like there are a few more flakes to come across the central belt. Not much in terms of increasing the snow depth, but nice to look at :cold:

Posted

Is it still snowing up there? Looks like there are a few more flakes to come across the central belt. Not much in terms of increasing the snow depth, but nice to look at :cold:

Yep - nice big fluffy flakes, falling fearlessy onto frozen footways :cold:

lol - don't think it'll come to much, but nice to see.... -5 currently...

Yep - nice big fluffy flakes, falling fearlessy onto frozen footways :cold:

lol - don't think it'll come to much, but nice to see.... -5 currently...

Send some of it this way :cold: :cold: :)

Edit: Although if I paid attention to the lamp posts I would see it is already snowing outside :cold:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

There are some more pushing up the Forth, but look like they are petering out whilst doing so...

The heaviest showers would appear to have passed....

The GFS run looks to keep the low temps right the way through the entire run with only a couple of days having a max above zero....

Edited by GraemeB

Posted

Morning fellow snow maniacs........Lovely this morning. Been a few cm over night and snowing steady now. Lamp post looks ace. No wind at all. Where has this come from?? Finally the beeb are going for snow on and off all day, NW has snow all today and tomorrow. Even if its not heavy a couple inches must be possible. We not had much for a while now and others are walking around with snow up to there knees, so I am over the moon today!!!!

yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Sorry for behaving like a 6 year old!!!

Morning fellow snow maniacs........Lovely this morning. Been a few cm over night and snowing steady now. Lamp post looks ace. No wind at all. Where has this come from?? Finally the beeb are going for snow on and off all day, NW has snow all today and tomorrow. Even if its not heavy a couple inches must be possible. We not had much for a while now and others are walking around with snow up to there knees, so I am over the moon today!!!!

yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Sorry for behaving like a 6 year old!!!

Radar is showing only light snow here and it is good fluffy moderate snow floating down. Radar also seems to suggest this "light snow" could last for an hour or two yet. So you can be excused for being hyper, we all are too!!!

Posted

Un forecasted snow is much better than hours of painful hit and miss radar watching.

Seems to be quite a few showers off the coast following a direct west track.

I assume that all of us on here already are the ones up with youngsters. Pavement Plough was up at 0625 today!!

Posted

Potential forth streamer setting up this am ?

Not sure but the showers are heading through from the NS..

post-10485-12630223980542_thumb.gif

Posted

Is this all just convective stuff now?? Must be, wonder if the showers will intensify during daylight at all

Its not very often we have showers moving in from due east

Edited by Snowplough33

Posted

All the models this morning are showing some uncertainty about next week but in general are going for less cold and more unsettled.

At some points, maybe even as early as Monday night, milder air off the Atlantic will try to force itself over Scotland from the south west. Monday night through to Thursday, at least, could be a bit of a battleground situation with milder air from the south west coming up against the cold block to our north east.

There could be some very heavy snowfall this week and is definately a situation to keep an eye on.

PPVL89.png

Un forecasted snow is much better than hours of painful hit and miss radar watching.

Seems to be quite a few showers off the coast following a direct west track.

I assume that all of us on here already are the ones up with youngsters. Pavement Plough was up at 0625 today!!

I have two wee boys, but I was up almost an hour before either of them!! Very unusual and nothing to do with the fact that it was snowing :cold:

Posted

I have two wee boys, but I was up almost an hour before either of them!! Very unusual and nothing to do with the fact that it was snowing whistling.gif

I have 2 wee ones aswell.........nevder thought for a minute you were up because of the snow.!!!rofl.gifrofl.gif