Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 17

Posted

Been snowing here for about an hour now, some very large flakes...so far we've had about 1-2", the roads were clear when i went into ASDA, did the shop and came out and now all is white and powdery! Long may it continue!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

No snow yet, dispite the radar showing the band on top of perth cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

Well then, despite my wee bit negitivity regarding snaw in an earlier reply to LS whistling.gif

Oor man has called it correct again, as it has began to snaw right here right now drinks.gif

Big Innes

Posted

taking a break from radar watching this evening, so this is mega off topic request but I'll say the temps here are -0.6c DP -1 sp just right for mkore of the white stuff it appears we are right in the gap for now which appears to be closing?

anyway my request is for some of you Gaelic speakers.. can you translate this for me, or is just a place name?

Alexander was succeeded in Baile 'Mhuilinn Eoghainnein by his son Duncan,

TIA ;)

Posted

Been snowing here for about an hour now, some very large flakes...so far we've had about 1-2", the roads were clear when i went into ASDA, did the shop and came out and now all is white and powdery! Long may it continue!

Areyou actually in Stonehaven or in the country outside of town??

Posted

Evenin' all! Any ideas whats happening with Glasgow? This morning BBC weather suggests light snow fr tomorrow, as does Netweather, but now, BBC says no, but netweather says yes! Is the BBC wrong? I hope so.

I'd say theres a reasonable chance during the early hours and into tomorrow morning but probably just a light covering.

Edited by Blizzardo

Evenin' all! Any ideas whats happening with Glasgow? This morning BBC weather suggests light snow fr tomorrow, as does Netweather, but now, BBC says no, but netweather says yes! Is the BBC wrong? I hope so.

BBC Scotland and STV forecasts earlier this evening both said light snow right through the central belt by early morning (say 6am). Main BBC forecast didn't mention anything, just forecast -23C for the Highlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Well then, despite my wee bit negitivity regarding snaw in an earlier reply to LS whistling.gif

Oor man has called it correct again, as it has began to snaw right here right now drinks.gif

Big Innes

Thanks. Snowing heavily now here - think Perth got the rubbish bit of that band while we took the heavy snow!

NW Scotland 4 UKMO 1 yahoo.gif

LS

edit: On closer inspection of the radar, it looks like one of those events where precipitation just appears from nowhere in the Forth and spreads outwards. That shower isn't even here yet!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

There's a bit of cloud cover drifting in just now over the south side of Glasgow. Might raise the temp a bit.

I keep seeing most forecasts (ie BBC, weather.co.uk; weather online) showing us above freezing on Sunday. Not a fan of this at all. mad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Honestly don't know JDH. A lot of radar watching required I think !

If we crawl above freezing in the next day or two it'd be the first time in about 5 or 6 days (I've lost count LOL ...) with a bit of luck we could almost stretch to an "ice-week", let alone an "ice-day" :drinks:

Is it pure coincidence we might get exactly the same weather as last night, with a lovely day and then snow in the evening from the same direction,

What do you think prospects for as coasties this weekend, every forecast seems to put edinburgh above freezing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Very light flurries here too. Temp and dewpoint on the rise as well. Now2.7c and 7.1c respectively, wind WSW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

LOL LS ... when did the metoffice score even 1 in this spell ! :drinks:

Edit: nothing heavy here but the activity is growing out of nothing on the radar. Anyone who can volunteer an explanation why that has happened so often ??? Is it reallly just lake effect type stuff ? Warm sea + cold air/cold land ???

Thanks. Snowing heavily now here - think Perth got the rubbish bit of that band while we took the heavy snow!

NW Scotland 4 UKMO 1 yahoo.gif

LS

edit: On closer inspection of the radar, it looks like one of those events where precipitation just appears from nowhere in the Forth and spreads outwards. That shower isn't even here yet!

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Snowing here too. On the MO radar the snow is still up north. I cant see anything over Angus or Fife. Hows that possible???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snowing lightly here now. Temp up to -3.8C

LOL LS ... when did the metoffice score even 1 in this spell ! :cold:

Edit: nothing heavy here but the activity is growing out of nothing on the radar. Anyone who can volunteer an explanation why that has happened so often ???

They got a bonus point for turning up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

i see the radar has just lit up over edinburgh, fife and perth... more fog?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

i see the radar has just lit up over edinburgh, fife and perth... more fog?

No, it was in fact snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Nothing reached here yet.

Posted

Have you all noticed the split in the southeast and east anglia forum?? now there is a forum purely for london and its suburbs! Crazy really. It's a balmy -0.5C here, the warmest it's been for days. Must mean more heavy snow on the way, though it's a bit lighter now.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Have you all noticed the split in the southeast and east anglia forum?? now there is a forum purely for london and its suburbs! Crazy really.

there should be a topic purely for people living in sutherland!