Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 17

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

CMD - GFS has been hinting at something moving across the country tonight for a few days now.

I know, I posted up the NMM and GFS charts this morning which showed exactly that :good:

I just can't see where it is coming from on radar/sat etc :unknw: :unknw: What would I know anyway :rofl:

Edit: Actually I'm lying out of my bottom, I merely commented on the charts as I can remember I couldn't be bothered saving and posting them :blush: Sorry for lying....:lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I know, I posted up the NMM and GFS charts this morning which showed exactly that good.gif

I just can't see where it is coming from on radar/sat etc unknw.gifunknw.gif What would I know anyway rofl.gif

post-9298-12629717817642_thumb.png

Posted

Just noticed something - Aberdeen's minimum last night was colder than it ever got in '63!

Posted

Bizarrely enough Glasgow Airport TAF for overnight reads as this:

TAF EGPF 081659Z 0818/0918 VRB05KT 0400 FZFG VV/// PROB40 TEMPO

0818/0918 3000 BR FEW006 PROB30 TEMPO 0903/0909 6000 -SHSN

BKN012CB =

http://wxweb.meteost...=10&submit.y=13

The part which reads 0903/0909 6000 -SHSN means a forecast for light snow showers between 3am and 9am tomorrow morning.

Tonight and tomorrow morning may throw up a few surprises for some . The wind although light changes to an easterly. There are a few showers off the east coast that may build and be blown in as the night goes on. Very cold upper air throughout.

ukwind.png

h850t850eu.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Radio Five Live are talking about heavy snow in Highland tonight??? :) :)

Posted

This has been looming since this morning........have a look at post # 58. Good images of it there.

Posted

Radio Five Live are talking about heavy snow in Highland tonight??? :yahoo::drunk:

They must know something we dont!!! I can see showers coming down but most of them are to the east of Inverness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

They must know something we dont!!! I can see showers coming down but most of them are to the east of Inverness.

They are a lot further west than earlier on, I've been watching these for a few hours. I think any showers which continue to form should reach Inbhirnis from now on :yahoo:

Posted

Exactly what I was thinking, Gilly... :cold::cold:

Posted

They are a lot further west than earlier on, I've been watching these for a few hours. I think any showers which continue to form should reach Inbhirnis from now on :cold:

Just as i write.....the first flurries are coming down!! I stand corrected........:cold:

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

looks likely Edinburgh and Glasgow may see further snow fall later tonight

viewimagepbx.png

Posted

They are a lot further west than earlier on, I've been watching these for a few hours. I think any showers which continue to form should reach Inbhirnis from now on :cold:

Tha i guth math!!! :cold:

Posted

Personnally I fear they may follow the same pattern and fizzle out as they reach land, but they seem to have a bit more life than yesterdays offering which gave a cm or so.

Posted

Personnally I fear they may follow the same pattern and fizzle out as they reach land, but they seem to have a bit more life than yesterdays offering which gave a cm or so.

The NMM brings them in a bit earlier with more for central and western areas than eastern areas. However 10 miles east or west will make a big difference, and most central areas look to be in for at least some snowfall tonight.

Posted

Just heard a Peter Allen classic on Five Live - Braemar is 60 miles EAST of Aberdeen!!! :) :)

Posted

Just heard a Peter Allen classic on Five Live - Braemar is 60 miles EAST of Aberdeen!!! :) :)

Yup its been moved to the middle of the North Sea!!

Posted

The NMM brings them in a bit earlier with more for central and western areas than eastern areas. However 10 miles east or west will make a big difference, and most central areas look to be in for at least some snowfall tonight.

Going with GSF wind and streams, they should start to push directly westwards soon.

Posted

Thats an amazing change in temperature. I think it was still -22 about 10am.

Aye, they're getting the BBQs fired-up as we speak! :lol: