Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 17

Posted

Lamppost positive!!! yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

It doesn't matter how long this goes on, its still brilliant when it snows. rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

snow currently falling in Peterhead...35 miles south to travel and i'll be smiling!! :wallbash:

Edited by yeahbabyyeah

Posted

Well, they can stick their limp-wristed health and safety fears over the Grand Match - I'm going for an ice skate on Lake of Menteith tomorrow. The last time the lake was this frozen was 30 years ago! Anyone see the great footage on BBC Scotland news this evening? Once-in-a-generation chance to hold the Grand Match and the doo-gooders wring their hands then tell us what they think is good for us. Well, not this Scotsman....

Well, they can stick their limp-wristed health and safety fears over the Grand Match - I'm going for an ice skate on Lake of Menteith tomorrow. The last time the lake was this frozen was 30 years ago! Anyone see the great footage on BBC Scotland news this evening? Once-in-a-generation chance to hold the Grand Match and the doo-gooders wring their hands then tell us what they think is good for us. Well, not this Scotsman....

I wonder how many will turn up for an unofficial Grand Match. I'd like to see them being stopped.

STV weather and BBC Scotland weather going for light snow through the central belt overnight and into the morning :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It doesn't matter how long this goes on, its still brilliant when it snows. rofl.gifrofl.gif

It's well gone now!! :good::D:D:D:D:D

Posted

It's well gone now!! cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Can see it on the radar. Its quite a big "blob " again. You get much from it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good for you, my friend. Good for you!! What a load of namby-pamby nonsense!!! :cray::cray::):angry::cray::cray:

Can see it on the radar. Its quite a big "blob " again. You get much from it?

About six flakes... :):rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I'm also very disappointed by this decision, but I suppose this is just the result of the over-cautious society in which we live. However, I doubt they'll stop an unofficial bonspiel breaking out this weekend, which hopefully will pass off again without any major injuries.

Back to tonight, the bands to our north and east still look pretty beefy, and are also moving in the right direction (from my perspective) as well. Tonight has passed the 'smell' test by my grandad, though maybe this is just the 8+ inches on the ground!

LS

Posted

Hi all. Heard today on a radio station that some of the Local Authorities didn't have enough warning of this spell of weather to get the supplies of salt/grit inunknw.gif !

However it had been predicted on here since the middle of Nov! It makes me wonder who they were taking advice from.

Anyhow had crisp bright sunshine here for the last few days and the highest temp has been -2.2c on the 6th. Currently looking at -12c with the dewpoint sitting at -14.3c and the station is predicting clear skies up to 6hrs out from now!!!

I'm also very disappointed by this decision, but I suppose this is just the result of the over-cautious society in which we live. However, I doubt they'll stop an unofficial bonspiel breaking out this weekend, which hopefully will pass off again without any major injuries.

Back to tonight, the bands to our north and east still look pretty beefy, and are also moving in the right direction (from my perspective) as well. Tonight has passed the 'smell' test by my grandad, though maybe this is just the 8+ inches on the ground!

LS

Well, the radar shows some precip coming from the north and east, I say it's game on for radar watching all evening :) How sad am I? :)

Posted

Snow to the west, snow to the east. Will any of it make it to Aberdeen? :)

There is a streamer heading into Aberdeen in the next half hour by the looks of things!

The Met Radar is picking up a bit of red in there too (very heavy)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

I wonder how many will turn up for an unofficial Grand Match. I'd like to see them being stopped.

STV weather and BBC Scotland weather going for light snow through the central belt overnight and into the morning :good:

You may want to turn up on Sunday then with a wee dram... :whistling:

And in a nutshell...

They stop us doing this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8448669.stm

But cannot even organise this (which we pay for):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8448471.stm

What a bunch of useless ----s.

The revolution begins today.

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Edited by Polar Gael

Posted

There is a streamer heading into Aberdeen in the next half hour by the looks of things!

The Met Radar is picking up a bit of red in there too (very heavy)!

Yeh be intresting if it hits you..looks very heavy. Send it on to us if you get it!!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Posted

Yeh be intresting if it hits you..looks very heavy. Send it on to us if you get it!!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Will do - I'll give it a blow in a SSW direction as it passes over!

The only probel is that it is quite a thin band of snow - no margin for error with the heaviest strip of snow - some place may just get lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It looks very good for here overnight, with more showers (albeit lighter) building further south, while that band to your northwest and the one clipping Aberdeen all have a chance of hitting as well! As long as some of it stays pretty intense, I'm sure we'll see quite a bit. You do know that if you ended up with the red stuff over you for an hour you'd have an extra four-seven inches! Even an extra 2 or 3 overnight would happily do me, bringing me almost up to a foot in the garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

Will it rain radar is showing alot of pink speckles all across glasgow.... is it actually snowing in glasgow at the mo??

Posted

It looks very good for here overnight, with more showers (albeit lighter) building further south, while that band to your northwest and the one clipping Aberdeen all have a chance of hitting as well! As long as some of it stays pretty intense, I'm sure we'll see quite a bit. You do know that if you ended up with the red stuff over you for an hour you'd have an extra four-seven inches! Even an extra 2 or 3 overnight would happily do me, bringing me almost up to a foot in the garden!

I can see heavy looking cloud out over the sea - hope it doesn't slide by and miss us.

You wouldn't rule out a rare thundersnow event looking at that radar

Posted

I can see heavy looking cloud out over the sea - hope it doesn't slide by and miss us.

You wouldn't rule out a rare thundersnow event looking at that radar

Cape index doesn't look too bad for it but maybe just a bit too low. You never know though!

Posted

Cape index doesn't look too bad for it but maybe just a bit too low. You never know though!

Temp is picking up though with this added cloud cover - Met Office says 0.1° now.

Why are we getting these big convective showers under a big area of high pressure anyway??

Posted

Do you agree that we should see some east to west movement at some point, but the one to my NW seems to be going SE. Weird.

Posted

Do you agree that we should see some east to west movement at some point, but the one to my NW seems to be going SE. Weird.

The high pressure is sitting over the central highlands at the moment, but the highs to our east are starting to blow the showers to our east and northeast WSW while the high close to us blows the showers SE!