Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

WOW very heavy snow now. At this rate, if it kept up like this we might have 2cm of snow in 24 hours time!!!!!

heavy snow .covering car..

shower moving slow

Posted

It is quiet, I am keeping my mouth shut for a change! :D

I am reading, radar watching, forum lurking, playing poker on FB and watching TV. Multi-tasking supremo here. :)

Is that your alibi hehe.I never did get that jack dee joke outta u or Ian the other night.

I ll raise you a chicken and mushroom pot noodle a pint of (hard to get milk) 3p in real money a satsuma left over from christmas and 4 snowflakes

Oh and a teaspoon of grit to melt some of your snow lol

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Heavy snow here, big flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I think you've been somewhat spoilt recently and don't appreciate the white stuff anymore! laugh.gif

Yes, I think you're right there!!

My standards have been raised somewhat by the last snowfall. Hoping for more proper snow this weekend/next week sometime.

Still it's nice to see it falling. It's currently light - if it was rain it would be a steady drizzle. Enough to be noticeable but far from being disruptive or giving much accumulation.

Posted

Quiet on here again tonight.Is it me or is it only ever busy on these boards when snowfalls due hm

hi ya... tiss quiet tonight .. nothing really to say, same old thing, warmer tonight -3.. Still unsure if we are going to get any snow over the weekend and by we i mean North Devon. Truth is every weather report i see says something different, most seem to be going with rain or sleet. But the GOOD news is i got my MILK :unknw:... so tea and coffee all round

lol kaz xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

It is quiet, I am keeping my mouth shut for a change! biggrin.gif

I am reading, radar watching, forum lurking, playing poker on FB and watching TV. Multi-tasking supremo here. smile.gif

hahaha thats funny im popping in and out watching what people are writing...also on facebook and met office...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

hi ya... tiss quiet tonight .. nothing really to say, same old thing, warmer tonight -3.. Still unsure if we are going to get any snow over the weekend and by we i mean North Devon. Truth is every weather report i see says something different, most seem to be going with rain or sleet. But the GOOD news is i got my MILK yahoo.gif... so tea and coffee all round

lol kaz xx

Really? I've not seen any mention of rain or sleet, just snow. (steer clear of ITV forecasts!)

Posted

Does anyone now if this precipitation will intensify when it gets into the Bristol channel? still most most unexpected but great all the same.

Posted

I dont even think it was suppose to snow tonight even on Anguins forcast was only saying snow grains hmmmm.I dont think im gunna get to excited about this.Prob just a heavy shower which ll prob stop within a few mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Heat, Snow, Gales

showers heading for bristol i hope  :clap:  :good:

no i think there moving to fast west not fast enought south, i think they will miss bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Light to moderate snow here - the driveway which i had cleared is starting to look white again.

Posted

Day 3 of lying snow here, although theres isn't any down in town hardly where people have been walking about on it alot and where theres been grit. But still most areas have either an inch to half cover which is truly remarkable for here.

In regards to Sunday i can't help but have a hunch that the channel may provide some big instability and provide some areas with heavier spells of snow, im assuming this is why west devon and cornwall have been mentioned to have heavy snow late on sunday but i think anywhere on the receiving end of the wind off the channel or even just the coastlines could get localised heavy snow.

I mean you just have to look at the precipitation thats hits the channel this week, it intensifys rapidly and the channel islands and cornwall have taken a pounding from this. I could be reading into it too much and just hopecasting but i still thinks its a possibilty.

Anyhows back to today again and we've had the coldest day so far with it only reaching 0.2c today (which i'd class an ice day) but only reaced down to -2.5c this morning, currently -1.6c.

Posted

Really? I've not seen any mention of rain or sleet, just snow. (steer clear of ITV forecasts!)

oops sorry.. You did tell me that yesterday :good:.... Ok i promise no more ITV watching, but can i finish watching Corrie in 10 mins pweeze..

So looks like the snow fest continues i have my milk and loads of food so no need to go out till mon that is.

What we looking at here? 10/20 ft snow driffts??? :clap:.. or a puny few inches :good:

lol kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Moderate snow in Stroud for 10 mins, settling everywhere including the road gritted 3 hours ago...