Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & Se England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well, I don't think the Northerly element in the wind is swing it around quick enough for here. But there's another just behind it!

(Bugger... got de ja vu typing that!)

I prefer the look of the one following for me.

Posted

Not sure I understand this, but the map for towns has just been updated on the met office website... it has 2318 just under it... and looking at that it still suggests snow for East Kent from 1800 tomorrow through Sunday. unless it hasn't been fully updated yet?... but it seems to contradict what the BBC thinks if it is correct.

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Well Mr McElwee on the BBC forecast at 10:35pm said the snow on Saturday evening and into Sunday would be largely for a specific region he not only said coastal Suffolk/Essex but through into Kent/Sussex's and SE London and the Graphics showed this as well, so this appears to show a streamer but as we all know for that to set up in this area the wind will HAVE to be near NE or just east of north but no mention of rain/sleet on coasts although temps would be around 1-2c.

That forecast didn't look like anything special for my location, but Rob did say that areas outside that specific region would still see snowfall albeit lighter in nature. However, I shouldn't really complain as I still have 8 inches of unthawed lying snow from the Tuesday night/Wednesday's event!

:nonono:

Edited by Don

Posted

Temperature Differences are Staggering if you are in the clear skies and out of the showers, Manston Reporting 1c whereas just West along the Estuary we have -6c and Clear Skies!

Paul S

Yep. Lets see how low we can go. Whats the record in recent times this way. Makes up for 0mm of snow tonight I suppose?

Posted

Not sure I understand this, but the map for towns has just been updated on the met office website... it has 2318 just under it... and looking at that it still suggests snow for East Kent from 1800 tomorrow through Sunday. unless it hasn't been fully updated yet?... but it seems to contradict what the BBC thinks if it is correct.

lol I knew this would pop up to :)

It hasn't been updated at all, for some reason every night around 20 past 11 (it varies by a few mins every night) they say they have updated their map but they actually haven't. Trust me you need to be up at 3am to see the updated proper map. :nonono:

Posted

Should be snowing in Southend East and Shoebury within the half hour, latest radar looks good, think I am just too far west, better showers coming onto the Suffolk Coast near Aldeborough and nice ones up near Yarmouth and Lowestoft.

Paul S

Just started snowing with big flakes in Shoebury, Paul :nonono::)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy snow heading for sittingbourne / maidstone / gillingham

Guest archiesmummy

hiya

so does everyone think will just be the coastl parts of essex to get this snow tomorrow or will i be in with a chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I'm in for a light snow shower in about half an hour according to that, can't see it on the radar but am prepared to wait up :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Things pepping up in the Channel! Look at that frest clump in between Dover and Dunkerque!

Posted

Does that include t wells and when ?

depends if it can keep it's intensity

www.raintoday.co.uk , enter your postcode

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Here is a pic from the last shower it gave us just over an inch of snow must be getting on for 8'' now smile.gif

Sorry its not working :whistling:

Edited by 0ryan0

Posted

Heavy snow heading for sittingbourne / maidstone / gillingham

Pleeeeaseeeeeee just a smidge further. If I don't get any snow it'll be the fault of you forum folk :air_kiss: I hold you all personally responsible :whistling:

Was going to be but watching Blades of Glory instead :clap:

Posted

depends if it can keep it's intensity

www.raintoday.co.uk , enter your postcode

That's the only way you can get it to zoom too. They say they are stopping us seeing their "premium" service on Sunday 10th. Another free service bites the dust! :whistling:

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Check out the radar from 12 sat midday till 3am sunday !! :whistling::air_kiss::clap:

Posted

Well Mr McElwee on the BBC forecast at 10:35pm said the snow on Saturday evening and into Sunday would be largely for a specific region he not only said coastal Suffolk/Essex but through into Kent/Sussex's and SE London

Terrific, that just about completes my misery that has been the last 2 weeks of toss :whistling:

The only thing worse than having barely any snow in what should have been dream synoptics; is not having barely any and spending 2 weeks following snow on a radar that goes to everyone elses garden but yours.

That last minute change in projected wind direction up the estuary from direct East to NEE for Sunday is just about the cruelest thing that could of happened.

Posted

Some very light snow showers earlier this evening but nothing since. All the action seems to be 20-30 miles to my west.

Same same. Just taking a light shower right now, looks to be some action building to the NE that may affect us shortly.

Posted

meteogroups main website has a radar for the UK as well I'm not sure if that one is going premium as well but it seems stupid if it doesn't as it would contradict with their raintoday.co.uk site :/

=Dover;1.31254;51.12772"]Meteogroup Radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Is it me....... or has the wind moved more NE now? :whistling:

Posted

Whilst polishing the window for improved lamp post watching I noticed the first few flakes here in central Folkestone! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Terrific, that just about completes my misery that has been the last 2 weeks of toss :whistling:

The only thing worse than having barely any snow in what should have been dream synoptics; is not having barely any and spending 2 weeks following snow on a radar that goes to everyone elses garden but yours.

That last minute change in projected wind direction up the estuary from direct East to NEE for Sunday is just about the cruelest thing that could of happened.

You have my sympathy, I know just how you are feeling :air_kiss: