Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Looking good tommorow evening/night unless it moves further north...then the potential finally for a proper stalled snow event on Tuesday as its the perfect kind of setup to bring snow for the West Midlands, the type we do best out of.

Yes, Conor, quite good for today....................

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

........and the fax charts hold much promise too, particularly the 60 hour chart .............

http://www.netweathe...;type=fax;sess=

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Actually, looking at the radar again, I don't think i'll see much more today. Showers seem to heading to the north of here now.

Was still a nice surprise though...and we still have tomorrow to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

3rd moderate-heavy shower this morning, so much for the "occasional light shower"! I think it's safe to say that the BBC and Met Office have called this (and are still calling it) comprehensively wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Pic I just took of my road... Bare in mind that the car nextdoor had no snow on it last night so it's a good indicator of how much snow fell overnight.

post-2115-12630365273642_thumb.jpg

Posted

Actually, looking at the radar again, I don't think i'll see much more today. Showers seem to heading to the north of here now.

Was still a nice surprise though...and we still have tomorrow to come.

they could head further south though, i think saying we wont see much more today is a little premature yet, as showers are unpredictable, dontcha think?

Posted

they could head further south though, i think saying we wont see much more today is a little premature yet, as showers are unpredictable, dontcha think?

i hope they do start going further south! my area has only had a slight dusting over night and nothing yet this morning

Posted

3rd moderate-heavy shower this morning, so much for the "occasional light shower"! I think it's safe to say that the BBC and Met Office have called this (and are still calling it) comprehensively wrong.

Looking at........................

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

and.....................

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I'd guess that we are in for a lot more than the UKMO has forecast.

Who'd do their job in a setup like this?

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

Posted

10011018_0906.gif

As I posted last night I thought that things would move more north than was being forecast when people were getting downbeat last night!whistling.gif The met did it earlier in the week and it looks as we near tomorrow they,ve done it again? We should all see some moderate snow tomorrow and looks like it will continue for a few days clap.gif

Posted

You can see the snow that's caused the blizzards in Germany now in Holland / Belgium and almost at the north sea coasts on the euro radar.

Will be interesting to see how it tracks i would guess it going to head towards the south east of the UK, but if it heads a little more to the north we could be in for a decent dumping :)

Posted

the met office are a complete waste of time with weather warnings since the start of this cold spell not once has ther so called warning been correct i mean last tuesday according to them i would of had a mixture of sleet and snow what happend??....10cm of snow fell over a period of five hours and that snow is still lay on the floor!!..and now i see they have us out of the weather warning for the next five days or so..complete farce i must say!!nonono.gif

Posted

heres a thought also, whats the point in alex deakin doing his forecast for breakfast this morning, if its going to be supposedly invalid three or so hours later?

Posted

Yeah, seeing that its still morning, you're right of course. My problem is that i look at things as they are and don't allow for changes. I should work for the Met Office!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

i hope they do start going further south! my area has only had a slight dusting over night and nothing yet this morning

Isn't it bizarre? We've had about 2/3cm since last night in showers and we're not far from you!

Posted

In reaction to the 'battleground post', it would seem that an atlantic attack is going to happen, it will get in to Western England and die out and the cold won't lose alot of it's grip. That's what im hoping for anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

LOL Liking the breaking news on Sky News!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yaaayy another big flake snow shower here :clap: This is terrific, must be the 5th heavy snow shower since midnight here.

Posted

Isn't it bizarre? We've had about 2/3cm since last night in showers and we're not far from you!

awww! thats not fair doh.giftongue.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another shower on the way shortly i think. A few flurries currently.

Posted

Looking at the lastest radar, my previous comment is completly wrong! Shows what i know!

Lots more showers developing more towards the south. I reckon that Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove should get in on some showers later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

One thing i notice on the NW Radar recently is that you only need intensity of about 'green' on the radar to have a decent fall. :clap: