Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I dont think many in Kent will be able to differentiate between the snow now and the snow forecast tonight as it is just falling constantly and heavily.

Places further west will however, as the band expands and intensifies basically spreading what is in the east now, west.

James

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Moderate-heavy snow started here with good sized flakes. Nothing to extreme like other reports, and its not laying as well as I might have expected so far, but hey at least its snowing! Was going to say there was no wind of note but just as I thought it a really big gust of wind blew through ripping snow of the roofs and trees etc, can certainly understand the reports of blizzard conditions, especially as were relatively sheltered here compared to the coasts!!:cc_confused:

Posted

You can change from wind, temp, pressure etc. on the left hand side...

OMG the clouds cant get any darker above yet its still not snowing! surely theres going to be a blizzard here in west sussex the laying snow in the field is drifting like mad!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Bring on the nighttime!! :cc_confused::oops:

Posted

I will be 30 something yrs old tom, and i have NEVER seen anything like this in my life,,roads have gone again, snow even sticking to walls of houses wheres its

being whipped up and off roofs,, TOTALLY AMAZING. no let up in sky just continuous heavy to heavy snowhelp.gif

Posted

been on and off snow here in Dover for a good few hours, but nothing to write home about... it's not heavy or prolonged enough to accumulate.

Posted

been snowing on and off since about lunchtime here. Although we are having some heavy spells the wind is blowing the showers away all too quickly so not much is laying. Also, most of the snow is like polystyrene with a few larger flakes starting to appear.

I hate snow and wind, love it when it falls down gently like the other night.