Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Coming down nicely here now, at last. Seem to be missing the more potent ones, but it's a start :wallbash: Wish that wind would turn round more to the East. Move round you beeeaaccchh!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

A few flakes in the wind here in Shorne now. Temp risen to +1c also so a light thaw being observed atm

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Is this front likely to pep up? it doesn't look that expansive across germany/france

Posted

Been snowing in Southend moderately for the past 15mins but unfortunately it also brought higher temps as mentioned before therefore not settling on clear surfaces, temp has started to fall again from +0.1 to -0.2 could do with another 0.5 drop at least before it adds to current levels.

Posted

Just on the phone to my dad he's still got snow and blizzard like conditions in Sittingbourne, lucky bugga lol , meanwhile in SE London overcast NE wind that cuts you in two - tis freezing cold.gif

Edited by xentrix

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Is this front likely to pep up? it doesn't look that expansive across germany/france

This stuff seems to be being born all the time just over Calais. Don't worry...

Posted

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221

we are now geting a blizzard out side this dutch radar is dead on always

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Been on and off here for nearly an hour. Varying light to heavy, light fall to blizzard like fall, 5p to 50p flakes. Only stopping for brief 1 minute pauses to get breathe back for next lot.

definitely blowing around alot though. Winds must have picked right up. ~In fact xc states 0c with 21mph winds.

Edited by eveeeinessex

Posted

Nice. Does that now make the last one invalid?

Or is this just until the main band comes in later?

Posted

Looks like yet another near miss for London unless the easterly element of the wind picks up. Grr.

Come on Beast stop being lazy.

Hi mate, yeah looks like it for us, still I did manage to get a 4 day icicle out of this off of a cracked gutter - still going :(

As I said before, unfortunately as the band eventually edges further NE the onshore steering winds at this end of the Estuary will keep the heavier precipitation away to the S and East of main London. We should pick up the lighter stuff and we can somehow hope that the main convection band over Kent becomes far my active than thought and expands to include London.

Big straw clutch for a proper Thames streamer on Sunday night/Monday for us though, as finally the steering wind direction becomes favaourable for here - however this occurs at the point when the main activity has all but moved away, but we can hope if the wind is strong enough that it might kick off a decent streamer. :wallbash:

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

Nice. Does that now make the last one invalid?

Or is this just until the main band comes in later?

IIRC the other was a advanced warning this is a FLASH warning but this one includes 'Drifting Snow' drunk.gif

Posted

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221

http://www.meteox.nl/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=6&lat=52.908902047770255&lon=-1.845703125

with the band that coming up from France it can be seen nicely in the north sea with all the heavy stuff we all getting at the moment wont that make the snow showers we got already get bigger

Posted

Kinda annoyed because the snow showers are not constant it's not helping the snow level

Not only has it thawed from alot of our garden plants , it's dripping off the car roof.. We must be just above freezing , i hate day time snow prefer it at night :closedeyes::D :D

Posted

still really heavy and blizzard like, tyre tracks in road covered now, no 1 can get on or off the island (sheppey) just heard :closedeyes:

I hope they can...my husband's at work there!!....mind you I did tell him not to go so if he gets stuck there it's his own fault :D

Posted

Kinda annoyed because the snow showers are not constant it's not helping the snow level

Not only has it thawed from alot of our garden plants , it's dripping off the car roof.. We must be just above freezing , i hate day time snow prefer it at night :closedeyes::D :D

they are here, been constant snow, albeit light, from mid morning onwards so far, blizzard conditions. Going for a measure in a sec.

MW

Posted

Temperature still below freezing here (just), makes a change not to hear the gutters overflowing.

Come on snow... so close!

Posted

Not only has it thawed from alot of our garden plants , it's dripping off the car roof.. We must be just above freezing , i hate day time snow prefer it at night :D :D :D

Know what you mean mate. Above freezing here now and worried about the sleet word now. But, plenty more to come overnight. Will be a long night in here :closedeyes:

Posted

Not only has it thawed from alot of our garden plants , it's dripping off the car roof.. We must be just above freezing , i hate day time snow prefer it at night mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Talk about being picky.

Posted

Know what you mean mate. Above freezing here now and worried about the sleet word now. But, plenty more to come overnight. Will be a long night in here :closedeyes:

Hope so mate , :D