Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

have you been dry most of the day?! It's insane here, 7 inches on the ground now the most snow I've ever seen in this low lying part of the Weald!

Once it hits you you'll deffo know about it - surprised at the difference just a few miles can make.

It's been snowing most of the day here but we haven't had anything really heavy. We've got 7 inches on the ground but about 5 of that was from yesterday.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Eeek! Look at the temp map at http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ ! Green bits in EA!

yep! , hence the slow thaw here too... luckly we are heading into late afternoon temps will go back down

Posted

Could you post some pics of it MW? :(

I would but the camera won't pick up the blizzard's we've got, the snow flakes are so fine and small but it's just wild put it that way :(

It's been snowing most of the day here but we haven't had anything really heavy. We've got 7 inches on the ground but about 5 of that was from yesterday.

to be fair, it's not heavy here either, but it's the wind that makes all the difference! looks wild out there

Posted

Crazy snow here near the N Kent coast in Iwade, nr Sittingbourne. Temp down to just below freezing now and snow blowing everywhere!!

Snowing all the time now just a question of heavy or very heavy!

This is turning into quite an epic spell here in Iwade even for Kent standards and I wouldn't even like to think how many roads are now completely blocked on the N Downs.

My wife and I travelled back from Newnham around midday and fortunately we were following the tractor and snow plough so there was a path through.

James

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Just started here in Shorne...big flakes and getting heavier. Temperature dropped from 1.0c to 0.2 within seconds.

Chris / Dallas...you should both be getting it now or very shortly.

Posted

Blizzard conditions and it's gone dark!

Posted

Just started here in Shorne...big flakes and getting heavier. Temperature dropped from 1.0c to 0.2 within seconds.

Chris / Dallas...you should both be getting it now or very shortly.

Had a short heavier spell about 5 minutes ago. Now light snizzle. Hope this band continues to push west. Because North West Kent and surrounding areas deserve some snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Looks like a pause as the temps drop (thankfully!) and then another bout like we've had / are having today.

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&soort=loop3uur&URL

Posted

Incredible !! , heaviest snowfall this winter so far !

Watch out canterbury / faversham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Blizzard conditions and it's gone dark!

Is that just south of Hackington? Just had a look on the map... your reports are making my sledging nerves tingle for tomorrow when the roads are a bit clearer!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Estimated 25cm depth earlier - now been out and its around 23-24cm so a pretty good guess. Some pretty decent big drifts around too.

We have had pretty constant heavy snow here for the last 2 hours - often almost whiteout conditions

Really blowing about - goodness knows what the A20 must be like just up the road from here as its so open and blows across the fields from off the north downs

temp now 0.4c having been up to 0.9c earlier today. Currently v fine snow but plenty of it

Posted

hold on!! so all that talk that francis and bbc were going on about yesterday saying that london could have 5-10cm and these showers spreading west?? is now all wrong, hmmm maybe shouldnt listen to them anymore.

Well you're in with a better chance of hitting 5-10cms than me and I guess we could rack up 12 hrs of light snow but the heavy stuff is always steered away S/E. . .

and light snow in London could mean puddles and little settling from around midnight and into tomorrow as the urban heat zone tries to sneak above freezing.

I'm hoping for something last minute and unexpected to happen, thats the only way I see this area of London copping more than a 2-5cm

Posted

Is that just south of Hackington? Just had a look on the map... your reports are making my sledging nerves tingle for tomorrow when the roads are a bit clearer!

Just north of canterbury...

Stopped again :shok: :shok: , it's just not constant enough

Posted

I would but the camera won't pick up the blizzard's we've got, the snow flakes are so fine and small but it's just wild put it that way :shok:

to be fair, it's not heavy here either, but it's the wind that makes all the difference! looks wild out there

I have found that MW...can be really heavy but the camera is crap at picking up heavy snow sometimes,most times!!!

enjoy...

Canadian Trooper's might be digging you out by Tuesday

Edited by dogs32