Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

starting to see a few snowflakes in SW london!! [somehow] im totally confused about this band of snow it seems to be in remarkebly Different locations depending on how your tracking it, as i said google earth has it that its snowing in south london properly.

Posted

Snowing heavily in herne bay....has been snowing most of the morning.

As much as I love the snow I'm now getting worried about daughters GCSE exmas next week, first one is wednesday :)

My sons is too he has Stat maths A level. I will get him to school even if i have to walk with him only worried that the school will not be open.

Really heavy snow here now

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

According to the net weather radar, it should have started snowing lightly in Gravesned, but theres nothing? Also checked with my friend further east in Cuxton (rochester) and they still haven't got anything. unknw.gif

Don't worry, it's coming our way! Wind has picked up nicely now!

Posted

Seconded! Need a sledge! (And some gloves come to that!)

I've been looking for a sledge for a week now and nowhere has them! Tried Sports Direct in town centre every day this week and they've had none. Just worked out how to make a homemade one though :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

not happening in cheriton

Always amazed at the difference a mile makes with snow! A few hundred yards sometimes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

According to the net weather radar, it should have started snowing lightly in Gravesned, but theres nothing? Also checked with my friend further east in Cuxton (rochester) and they still haven't got anything. unknw.gif

No you are right. If you look at the Raintoday radar you will see the band of precipitation basically "hit a wall" running NW from Haywards Heath, Gillingham through to Clacton at around 12:30. Since then its started to pivot anticlockwise moving to Colchester in the North but declining east to Tunbridge Wells in the SW. Also disturbing is a patch of sleet developing in the Herne Bay, Whitstable, Margate/Ramsgate area, however this may just be a radar glitch ( can anybody confirm ?? )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

I've been looking for a sledge for a week now and nowhere has them! Tried Sports Direct in town centre every day this week and they've had none. Just worked out how to make a homemade one though :shok:

Wheelie Bin lid, bit of rope through the hinge eyelets! Perfect! "For Sale" signs from estate agents work pretty well too!

Any others?

Posted

Can I all Kent members pretend it's sleet and rain, this is painful! lol

Paitence is......well, it'sclosedeyes.gif wearing thin already!

been cloudy here for a couple of hours but no snow falling just a really stong ne wind! hoping for some big fall later here in west sussex!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

No you are right. If you look at the Raintoday radar you will see the band of precipitation basically "hit a wall" running NW from Haywards Heath, Gillingham through to Clacton at around 12:30. Since then its started to pivot anticlockwise moving to Colchester in the North but declining east to Tunbridge Wells in the SW. Also disturbing is a patch of sleet developing in the Herne Bay, Whitstable, Margate/Ramsgate area, however this may just be a radar glitch ( can anybody confirm ?? )

Well it was blizzard like in herne bay

Guest archiesmummy

Hi guys and girls, have been lurking for a while and am a bit new to all this.

Does anyone think the clouds coming from holland area will give essex any snow? dont know if they are carrying much ppn or will it pick up over the north sea/channel.

welcome lurker......acute.gif

Posted

I had the opportunity to buy sledges from my wholesaler before Christmas and didn't, now he's saying to everyone 'Huh! told you so!'

(Sorry slightly off-topic!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Shame this is happening now and not tonight :shok:

Posted

INCOMING!!

Heavy snow

BINGO!

yahoo.gifcold.gif

Damn !! lovely pictures there .... sigh dry.gif

Edited by xentrix

Posted

wow, thats all i can say and watch out!!! total whiteout, lost sight of neighbours houses !!!

Posted

still really heavy and blizzard like, tyre tracks in road covered now, no 1 can get on or off the island (sheppey) just heard :shok:

Deal pier website: http://www.dealpier.com/ is expecting nasty weather!

Posted

still really heavy and blizzard like, tyre tracks in road covered now, no 1 can get on or off the island (sheppey) just heard :shok:

I wouldn't be surprised. BBC are saying the Sheppey Crossing is closed and it's been snowing moderately for hours now.

Posted

Wheelie Bin lid, bit of rope through the hinge eyelets! Perfect! "For Sale" signs from estate agents work pretty well too!

Any others?

a black bin bag liner, an old roasting tin tray - have tried all these in my younger days - perfect.

Posted

Any others?

Completely off topic - but in my youth, I once water-skied down the Medway on an old door- didn't stay dry for very long :shok:

In other news, IT IS SNOWING IN ROCHESTER - WOOP WOOP! Not much at all and very fine flakes but hey, I'll take anything at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Shame this is happening now and not tonight :shok:

Why???

Approaching six inches of level snow, with drifts more than this, with up to another six predicted over the next 24 hours...will we reach the mythical foot of snow?

Posted

wow, thats all i can say and watch out!!! total whiteout, lost sight of neighbours houses !!!

sounds like some very servere weather if this is going to become wide spread across kent and sussex and can see powerlines are going to be down due to the very strong wind and snow!

Posted

Why???

Approaching six inches of level snow, with drifts more than this, with up to another six predicted over the next 24 hours...will we reach the mythical foot of snow?

Wow lucky you not a flake here in Chelmsford enjoy peeps that are getting it!