Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

the further west the band is travelling it seems to be decaying? not a good sign nonono.gif

:yahoo: Agree with you there, just hope it manages to keep it together enough to see something moderate at least for the time being. At least this is just the start and theirs plenty more to come that will hopefully be more intense...

Posted

Time to go shopping and stock up drinks.gif

Might be a good idea for Essex folk to take a break from radar watching for a few hours, nothing really making landfall yet.

sounds like a plan, my housework is shouting at me along with that ironing thats been ignored this last few days due to radar !!!

Posted

Seriously this is like pulling teeth watching that bloody radar, the cloud cover is having one benefit however not allowing the sun at the snow on the ground a very steady -2.1 here, surely only a matter of time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

hello all

new member.

Im in colchester essex and have about 4inches of snow.

the snow getting close no me now.

bbc forecast now saying no snow for the south on sunday now!

I will just stick to netweather and nowcasting.

was working in clacton on friday and what a diffrence in snow levels, wow.

Clacton had much more.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Feels like it's set in for the afternoon, grey skies with continual light snow. Very bright out there with the snow blanket, need my shades!

Posted

going sledding now Woot! Looking forward to later and it's been snowing moderately in Dover for a while.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hailstorm!!! , swore i heard thunder :yahoo::good::rofl: :rofl: :good:

:yahoo: Agree with you there, just hope it manages to keep it together enough to see something moderate at least for the time being. At least this is just the start and theirs plenty more to come that will hopefully be more intense...

Dont be to concerned- the feeder bands are now getting into Eastern Essex- & growing in intensity- 12:20 -- 12:25 radar looks reasonable to me-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Feels like it's set in for the afternoon, grey skies with continual light snow. Very bright out there with the snow blanket, need my shades!

Nothing here yet and it continues to decay as it pushes ever so slowly westwards. Starting to get frustrated :yahoo: hopefully my fortunes will increase later on in the day.

Posted

Good afternoon from Romford land.

Its all gone very grey here, broken stratus overhead moving from the East rapidly, the band is taking oh so long to get here, we've already had a few snow showers this morning.

The gulls have also come in land and are going mad, always a sign of approaching bad weather.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

What the hell is going on here. Showers disappearing as soon as they hit Southend. I hope this NE wind is not sheering the showers away.

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

That b***** snow line is never actually making it to SE London - so close I can touch it but no snow. This is somewhat irksome.

Looking for obvious distractions to take the mind off this weather....

DS

Posted

I've been staring so intently at my computer screen for so long hoping for good news for Medway, that by the time we actually get any snow, I think I'll probably be too blind to see it :crazy:

What's Herne Bay like at the mo - hubby is due to play a gig there tomorrow and wants to cancel with enough notice if it is bad - any locals on who can tell me current conditions there and forecast for tomorrow?

Cheers guys!

Posted

Is this snow ever going to make it as west as Reigate? We've had a couple of flurries today but nothing like the good people of Kent!

Posted

Just had another heavyish shower here, not long finished work, just glad the buses are still running as I did'nt fancy a long walk home. Have'nt got a ruler but I reckon there must be at least 5/6 inches laying in the garden.

Posted

Looks like i maybe waiting longer than some for this next round. Fun watching the wind pick up and the roads get covered again with all the snow we have already. Looks like everyone will be happy by the end of this weekend.

Skies slowly clouding over here with a very similar look to Tue midday which may be a good sign.

Posted

for people like me waiting for this band to move west i think it has started to move west once again, after stalling for the last hour, increasing cloud cover here in easten side of west sussex.

Posted

Is this snow ever going to make it as west as Reigate? We've had a couple of flurries today but nothing like the good people of Kent!

Not all of Kent, mainly seems to be Central and Eastern areas. Here in the west most has decayed before it reaches us, this NE wind is really annoying!

Posted

ee_d2_lg.gif .... :D ..... :rofl: perhaps not..!

regards,

Steve

Haha, good work mate!

Where's these showers? :crazy: