Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The band of ppn showing over Kent and Sussex on raintoday. Is that the ppn that is supposed to give us here and London the snow overnight? To me it doesn't look that potent and it looks like it'll be moving fairly quickly? By that I mean it'll be here before and won't be here long enough to last through the night. I can only assume there's something out in France atm?

Edited by rmc1987

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Looks like south London is coming very much into play for today now, with the band of PPN heading to the NW from Kent. Let's hope that direction maintains and London should pick up some cms from this...

Yes that band does look very nice atm, and heading our way for a change. Hope it maintains that momentum

Posted

The band of ppn showing over Kent and Sussex on raintoday. Is that the ppn that is supposed to give us here and London the snow overnight? To me it doesn't look that potent and it looks like it'll be moving fairly quickly?

No

Posted

So whats the state of play? Latest n24 showed the snow band to be quite narrow and light. Didnt like it one bit.

Posted

the local roads around deal east kent, and this is the only passable on without 4x4!

Fantastic pic wish it was like that here, I must be living in the wrong area lol

Posted

the local roads around deal east kent, and this is the only passable on without 4x4!

Amazing! Even more amazing is that here in Deal Town itself, barely a flurry! So we can't get out of town, but have no new snow to go and enjoy!

Posted

Amazing! Even more amazing is that here in Deal Town itself, barely a flurry! So we can't get out of town, but have no new snow to go and enjoy!

just play on the main road out of town then :drinks: there won't be any cars coming along :lol:

Blizzard like conditions here at the moment, snow blowing about all over the place.

Posted

Yes that band does look very nice atm, and heading our way for a change. Hope it maintains that momentum

Hmm. Netweather radar says my house is now under that band, but it's dry here. Odd, the NW radar is usually spot on. Maybe the snow is evaporating before it reaches the ground???

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

That band thats pushing Westwards toward NW Kent, god I hope it keeps it together or continues to intensify like it is now. Any thoughts whether it'll reach us here. Steve Murr?

Canterbury and the like must be getting hammered! Love the pics of that drifting, looks like something straight out of 1987 :drinks:

Posted

Looks like I just woke up in time - big band incoming!

Steve keep me updated pls mate. Lost internet this morn. So using my mobile with no radar. Arrgghh!

Posted

Is south surrey going to see any snow today or are we going to continue with the clear blue skys that we've had for the last three days. It looks increasingly like its gonna be a kent event. Bloody NE winds, never get anything from them

Posted

Steve keep me updated pls mate. Lost internet this morn. So using my mobile with no radar. Arrgghh!

The diagonal bands are definitely drifting more Westerly now and it looks like one's on it way to us very shortly.

Posted

Canterbury and the like must be getting hammered! Love the pics of that drifting, looks like something straight out of 1987 :drinks:

I am between Canterbury and Faversham and it is coming down very fast and blowing about an awful lot. Saying that seems to be slowing now. x

That band thats pushing Westwards toward NW Kent, god I hope it keeps it together or continues to intensify like it is now. Any thoughts whether it'll reach us here. Steve Murr?

Canterbury and the like must be getting hammered! Love the pics of that drifting, looks like something straight out of 1987 :lol:

dont think it will make it to Auckland---

but yes its sliding on ever west..... considering how wide it is & the fact theres moderate snow in it im surprised theres not many snow reports- :drinks:

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

blizzard conditions here right now given us 2cm just from 30mins :drinks:

Posted

just play on the main road out of town then :drinks: there won't be any cars coming along :lol:

Blizzard like conditions here at the moment, snow blowing about all over the place.

Maidstone and Central Kent seem to have faired pretty well over the last few days in regards to convection from this NE Wind, while we in the West are really struggling...