Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Is that really the A258? :wacko:

i live half way along the a258, it gets worse towards sandwich, one of my neighbours got through with a land cruiser 4x4, the police asked how the hell he managed it,

Guest Quantumsnow

its getting stronger and deffo moving west. thought the showers were going die away and then pep up again late this afternoon,

very unexpectedbiggrin.gif

I noticed that too, quite a few showers heading our way on the radar, though mostly blue skies here at present. Expecting that will change soon though! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

its getting stronger and deffo moving west. thought the showers were going die away and then pep up again late this afternoon,

very unexpectedbiggrin.gif

As you say, very unexpected! Coastal areas of Suffolk, Essex and Kent could do rather well out of this!

Posted

too all the above... yes that is the A258 lol

from the round about at fowlmead towards deal looks evil, i wouldnt try getting through there, the local farmers are digging it for gritters to get through, even the aa gave up and came back

Posted

I noticed that too, quite a few showers heading our way on the radar, though mostly blue skies here at present. Expecting that will change soon though! yahoo.gif

ooo i hope so, last night i watched the first lot of showers stall over estbourne though, so will not be dancing yetwhistling.gif

Posted

Nice decent size flakes here in Thurrock, been snowing on and off all morning. but the sun does keep trying to come out. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Well after seeing the news this morning. Feeling a bit gutted that even Spain has more snow than Croydon. Never mind does anyone know if we are gonna get a top up tonight and tomorrow. BBC weather not being very good at the moment with there graphics ( well I'm hoping that is the case lol)

Posted

You can see the first band of continental snow working its way into the south-east now:

Meteox radar

Wow that looks significant if it can either hold its mass or grow larger and hit our corner ...

Posted

Morning all.

Quite a suprise when i woke up this morning, we must have 2 inches of fresh snow! Radar did'nt look that great last night but it must have chucked it down at some point during the early hours. Had a few showers this morning, one of which was really heavy around 40 mins agon.

Hopefully we should see some more as the day progresses! Temp -0.8 DP -4 Windchill -7 :o :o .

Matt. :o

Posted

Inside another cell, and its proper snow heavy and getting blown about, pretty intense these showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Thanks TimmyH, only about 2 inches here, up the hill on the north side it's more like a foot though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Well after seeing the news this morning. Feeling a bit gutted that even Spain has more snow than Croydon. Never mind does anyone know if we are gonna get a top up tonight and tomorrow. BBC weather not being very good at the moment with there graphics ( well I'm hoping that is the case lol)

Morning, lots of little showers here at the moment, even when the sun is out - very pretty but not as much as we would like huh? friends in N Spain are telling me about the snow there - unusual for them. I'm off for a drive SEwards to see what I can find...

Posted

Morning, lots of little showers here at the moment, even when the sun is out - very pretty but not as much as we would like huh? friends in N Spain are telling me about the snow there - unusual for them. I'm off for a drive SEwards to see what I can find...

Looks like south London is coming very much into play for today now, with the band of PPN heading to the NW from Kent. Let's hope that direction maintains and London should pick up some cms from this...

Posted

Sky news weather via red button really ramping the next few days snow events up. The cute irish bird had a huge smile on her face when she said some areas could get over 40cm of snow. Yey!

Posted

Sky news weather via red button really ramping the next few days snow events up. The cute irish bird had a huge smile on her face when she said some areas could get over 40cm of snow. Yey!

Wow just had a look,

although got to say shes no laura tobin, i really like her if you know what i mean.