Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Your luck has finally run out then mate shok.gif

I have to say,it is snowing particularly heavily at this moment.

Posted

Your luck has finally run out then mate :shok:

Yeah, I'm not too bothered to be honest mate. This currently cold spell has brought me plenty of the white stuff.

The only disappointing thing is, I was aiming for some spectacular snow depths, and the rain has put a stop to that. :)

Posted

Yeah, I'm not too bothered to be honest mate. This currently cold spell has brought me plenty of the white stuff.

The only disappointing thing is, I was aiming for some spectacular snow depths, and the rain has put a stop to that. :)

Im not fussed anymore either mate.It's been a fantastic cold spell with lots of snow and ive enjoyed every minute of it :shok: Id say about 65% of the snow has gone here now.

Posted

Is there some colder air out in the North Sea? Netweather radar shows snow showers out there heading towards NE coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

3cm of fresh snow this afternoon but it's only snowing very lightly at present. Drifts up to 4 feet deep in exposed areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Looks like the PPN over West West Yorks is fizzling out now. All eyes to the east?

Posted

Im not fussed anymore either mate.It's been a fantastic cold spell with lots of snow and ive enjoyed every minute of it :shok: Id say about 65% of the snow has gone here now.

Yeah weve lost a lot to the depth here too, been so dissapointing end to this cold spell, last night there was talk as much as poss 20-30 cm and drifts, and weve ended up with it all going!:)

Posted

rain followed by 30 secs of snow and thats all it keeps doin just been to the local shop and the paths are gunna be real dangerous tomorrow if it freezes

Posted

got to admit and cant believe im saying this but there has been a 1-2cm fresh wet snow covering ontop of the old snow! its tried to settle on the cars and roads but temp is staying at 0.8c!!! and all ppn is wetsnow now :)

heres a link for you all incase you think its all over!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/58354-in-depth-technical-model-discussion/page__st__119__p__1719160entry1719160

Posted

Seems more sleety than anything now in LS7, has been for a while.

Posted

got to admit and cant believe im saying this but there has been a 1-2cm fresh wet snow covering ontop of the old snow! its tried to settle on the cars and roads but temp is staying at 0.8c!!! and all ppn is wetsnow now :)

http://forum.netweat...0entry1719160

So the cold air may return soon?. My i ask where do people get to see these different model charts that show weather systems etc, do you need something on your computer ? thanks.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

We just keep getting driving snow and then it slackens off again .

I was of the opinion that any "Weather" was due overnight?

Ask Pennine 10ft drifts how things are I'm sure he'll say intermittent snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

got to admit and cant believe im saying this but there has been a 1-2cm fresh wet snow covering ontop of the old snow! its tried to settle on the cars and roads but temp is staying at 0.8c!!! and all ppn is wetsnow now :cc_confused:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/58354-in-depth-technical-model-discussion/page__st__119__p__1719160entry1719160

Interesting link and to me sounds like the snow has not finished yet.....

Posted

So the cold air may return soon?. My i ask where do people get to see these different model charts that show weather systems etc, do you need something on your computer ? thanks.:cc_confused:

havnt got a clue mate lol, my take even though i have a big lack of knowledge, if that post was correct then we could see another reload in 10 days :D, dont forget the models arnt consistent and playing up at at moment :)

Posted

havnt got a clue mate lol, my take even though i have a big lack of knowledge, if that post was correct then we could see another reload in 10 days :cc_confused:, dont forget the models arnt consistent and playing up at at moment :D

Well lets hope it does get cold and snowy again. Cold and damp is awfull, and mild winters just get boring, however all things said i dont think people will forget this spell in an hurry, been a brilliant run!

Posted

Well lets hope it does get cold and snowy again. Cold and damp is awfull, and mild winters just get boring, however all things said i dont think people will forget this spell in an hurry, been a brilliant run!

yep i think its just a massive dissapointment with me even expecting drifting etc! im sure febuary could give some good setups! cant complain with having 17-18cm snow cover for past 5days! :cc_confused:

Posted

We just keep getting driving snow and then it slackens off again .

I was of the opinion that any "Weather" was due overnight?

Ask Pennine 10ft drifts how things are I'm sure he'll say intermittent snow?

Same here, Huddersfield. A real mix of driving rain, sleet and snow. As the night wears on, I think theres a good chance that it will turn more to snow.

I am a complete novice and have only recently joined NetWeather. I feel completely blown away by how ' mother nature' can change so swiftly. Iam even more blown away by the postings and am becoming increasingly worried about the near future.cc_confused.gif !!!!

Posted

yep i think its just a massive dissapointment with me even expecting drifting etc! im sure febuary could give some good setups! cant complain with having 17-18cm snow cover for past 5days! :)

I was very dissapointed with today, last night the thought of another foot of snow on top of around 6 inches wouldve been sensational, as it turned it wasnt to be and i may have a clear path in the morning!.

Would love to see a canadian style winter here however they do seem thin on the ground. Maybe i should move:D