Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I think we have lost 5cm here, but not in the way you might think, all our snow was powder snow, but now it isn't, i could easily build a snow man with this type of snow. Does powder snow react differently to rising temps?

Temps lowering still- At 0.4c now

Posted

Oh good...lol

That'll learn you for bragging :D

sure did lol, if i was another 50m asl then im sure it would of been good so not expecting anything now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Encouragingly the snow has upped intensity here, and despite the wet roads, has settled easily. So now the road is re-covered with a dusting! Snowing moderately still. smile.gif

we also have quite a heavy shower up here, has coverd all the spots on the wall from the melt

Posted

I think we have lost 5cm here, but not in the way you might think, all our snow was powder snow, but now it isn't, i could easily build a snow man with this type of snow. Does powder snow react differently to rising temps?

Temps lowering still- At 0.4c now

the wind is probably drying it out at same time causing a quicker evaporation process!

Posted

Settling again dew point dropped slightly but air temp not budging. Looks like it will get heavier again as the lights are disappearing from view to the east of us. Going to be funny u=if they reduce the warning and then we get the orginal dumping.

Seems to be the other way around here at Intake, dew point doesnt seem to be changing much (around -0.6/-0.7) but the temperature keeps dropping, down to 0.2 now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

The snow here in Wortley is now sleet with more rain than snow. My Son is gutted, he now knows that he is back to school in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

getting heavy here now

Posted

light snow flurry here

Been snowing for the last hour here.

Posted

Been snowing for the last hour here.

Suprising that its completly snow at 1.6C, thought it would have been rain/sleet when its come in this light. If it gets heavyier later I have no doubts it will be all snow and perhaps settle <_<

Posted

The snow here in Wortley is now sleet with more rain than snow. My Son is gutted, he now knows that he is back to school in the morning.

It will snow soon, don't worry, the dew point is rising but temps are dropping, in due course the dew points will start dropping when the dews catch up with the temps.

Use this weather station if you want, it is in Leeds at 60m and is very accurate http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWESTYOR8

Posted

Suprising that its completly snow at 1.6C, thought it would have been rain/sleet when its come in this light. If it gets heavyier later I have no doubts it will be all snow and perhaps settle smile.gif

Yeah always a good sign, temps are dropping of nicely so hopefully we will see more snow, I doubt very much that low ground would get 1-2cm from 12-18 hours of snowfall, that seems very unlikely, probably 5-7cm of snow in most places come morning.

Edit: Larger flakes now

Edited by 10123

Posted

Wow its like a little snow miracle! Was talking to parents who live in Spain who were telling me it is snowing there (just to add to my lack of snow woes) , then lo and behold a few tiny flakes start to fall here!

Yippee!!!

Posted

Sweet and its not really suppost to really pep up untill 9pm-3am, so promising signs

what's more promising is that its 0.9c here with dew-0.6c!!!!!!!!! so surely there's hope for here too :)

cant believe it!!!!! its light snow now! so this has to be a trend!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

A slow thawing has occurred here today with cars losing some cover.

Been light snow on and off from about 2:30. Now intensified more, with good size flakes. Got a light dusting now.

Edited by glynh

Posted

Yeah always a good sign, temps are dropping of nicely so hopefully we will see more snow, I doubt very much that low ground would get 1-2cm from 12-18 hours of snowfall, that seems very unlikely, probably 5-7cm of snow in most places come morning.

Edit: Larger flakes now

Yes, the way I see it its all or nothing. Once any accumulation starts, theres no reason why it should stop.

I think the main question/concern is, how heavy will the precipitation be?

Wow its like a little snow miracle! Was talking to parents who live in Spain who were telling me it is snowing there (just to add to my lack of snow woes) , then lo and behold a few tiny flakes start to fall here!

Yippee!!!

I think you should do alright tonight, places like skipton seem to do alright in these set-ups. :)

Posted

Yes, the way I see it its all or nothing. Once any accumulation starts, theres no reason why it should stop.

yep and if temp is dropping under light ppn then thats hope :)

thicker flakes now :)

Edited by Craigers

Posted

I think you should do alright tonight, places like skipton seem to do alright in these set-ups. :)

I hope so we have missed it the past few days, i actually live just outside skipton over the border into Lancashire (boo hiss) but we have had more snow than skipton since it began which is quite unusual.

Posted

good light-moderate snowfall in ls7 now, was looking abit sleety earlier but now seems to be the real thing!

Posted

12Z NAE looks to keep any precipitation as snow over Western West Yorks and central pennnine belt until 12pm tomorrow - obviously this could all change as the night wears on.

Edited by glynh